ADVERTISEMENT

McNeese St @ Utep MBB

Interesting how few fouls were called. Onyema did some cool stuff. Cudos to Golding for putting him in at the right time.
How many minutes did he play, and what cool stuff did he do? I didn't get to watch or listen to the game since I'm driving to Albuquerque (from Illinois).

Can't tell how good this Miners team is. They played consistently with NMSU through both games, struggle against UCR, beat UNM, but then struggle against McNeese. I don't know what to expect when we hit conference play.
Hard to tell, because they haven't been at full strength in more than 50% of the games so far.

New unis, don’t see why Jon said he doesn’t like them but if it’s a one off I can live with it

Overall, close conference games unless we start clicking on offense. Toughest opponent has been UAB historically but we’ll see how the eastern teams match with us
They look generic in my opinion. Like just paste some logo on the front and a Nike logo. Lazy and plain.

Hard to tell, because they haven't been at full strength in more than 50% of the games so far.
Things are going to be tough because of that. It's going to be a rough stretch once conference play begins before we get everyone back. If everyone is healthy we are a top 5 team in CUSA. The problem is getting there, and making sure everyone gells once they are healthy.

Can't tell how good this Miners team is. They played consistently with NMSU through both games, struggle against UCR, beat UNM, but then struggle against McNeese. I don't know what to expect when we hit conference play.
Gotta admit that mcneese played really well until the end. If they had a longer bench it could have been a different story.

Reactions: miner1liner
Ugly win. Better than a loss. Hope this game has built some depth. On the bowl game and Don Haskins Tournament

Damn, our crowd looks minuscule.

I think it’s time to do what UH did and shrink the Don to about 8500-9000.
Bad Bunny has no problems selling out the Don. Tickets don't cost $5. Try more like $400-$500. That's why I don't buy that bs excuse that UTEP Tickets are too expensive. Seems like EP has given up on UTEP sports.

Bad Bunny has no problems selling out the Don. Tickets don't cost $5. Try more like $400-$500. That's why I don't buy that bs excuse that UTEP Tickets are too expensive. Seems like EP has given up on UTEP sports.
I agree. It’s not about ability to pay, its about value and willingness to pay. Like you said, Bad Bunny can sellout because people want to see him bad enough. Not so much the Miner bb team anymore.

I paid between $500-600 for 2 seats to Metallica a few years ago. One time thing, I will probably never see in person again.

I would never pay $68 a seat to see a UTEP vs NMSU game like Senter charged 2 weeks ago though.

I agree. It’s not about ability to pay, its about value and willingness to pay. Like you said, Bad Bunny can sellout because people want to see him bad enough. Not so much the Miner bb team anymore.
I've been following bad bunny since tickets use to cost $10 for his show. I once did a Texas tour of him. Saw him in Sugarland, Austin and Dallas in the same year. Nowadays no way in hell I'm paying $500 to go see him. Now a season ticket for $500 to see UTEP 20 times, of course.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Observations and questions...
1) Will Saterfield's contributions last night have
any impact on Golding's decision to allow
more playing time?
2) Didn't see or hear anything about the
reduced playing time for Sibley and Bonke.
Have I missed something?
3) I have been a constant critic of Kennedy, but
he's been like a brand new player these last
two games. I love it.
4) It's going to be a unique experience when we
finally have a completely healthy team all
on the floor at the same time.

Observations and questions...
1) Will Saterfield's contributions last night have
any impact on Golding's decision to allow
more playing time?
2) Didn't see or hear anything about the
reduced playing time for Sibley and Bonke.
Have I missed something?
3) I have been a constant critic of Kennedy, but
he's been like a brand new player these last
two games. I love it.
4) It's going to be a unique experience when we
finally have a completely healthy team all
on the floor at the same time.
I think he mentioned that Bonke doesn't roll during pick and rolls in the post game interview

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Uh huh! They can't coach him to roll? That's pretty weak. Didn't mention Sibley at all?

Excuse my oldness but I have no idea what a bad bunny is, I've had a few tasty bunnies but never a bad bunny. And certainly never paid $400 for one.

But seriously anyone have the scoop on why Sibley played only 5 minutes? He still have the flu? He had a great game against NMSU a so-so game against Kansas and the last two he hasn't played much???

• Haha
Reactions: TxRdKiller
Excuse my oldness but I have no idea what a bad bunny is, I've had a few tasty bunnies but never a bad bunny. And certainly never paid $400 for one.

But seriously anyone have the scoop on why Sibley played only 5 minutes? He still have the flu? He had a great game against NMSU a so-so game against Kansas and the last two he hasn't played much???
That's my point. That people in EL PASO have no problems paying $400 for one event but bi*ch about paying $170 for a season ticket to watch 20 games.

That's my point. That people in EL PASO have no problems paying $400 for one event but bi*ch about paying $170 for a season ticket to watch 20 games.
Apples to hammers. How many fans really want to pay to see WNMU, NMMU, McNeese St, and FIU? Nobody is going to Bad Bunny to see the opener. They’re going for the main guy.

He’s coming one time, maybe never again. UTEP basketball is on 15 times a year, every year.

Apples to hammers. How many fans really want to pay to see WNMU, NMMU, McNeese St, and FIU? Nobody is going to Bad Bunny to see the opener. They’re going for the main guy.

He’s coming one time, maybe never again. UTEP basketball is on 15 times a year, every year.
Bad Bunny has been coming to El Paso once or twice a year for at least 4-5 years. He's going to keep coming since he can sell out at the Don at whatever price he wants to set.

Bad Bunny has been coming to El Paso once or twice a year for at least 4-5 years. He's going to keep coming since he can sell out at the Don at whatever price he wants to set.
Okay? Apparently that is top notch entertainment for some. WNMU, FIU, and the other dreadful schools on UTEP’s schedule is not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT