ADVERTISEMENT

MEMORIES

miner1liner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 10, 2014
When was the last Miner basketball game that generated any genuine excitement and significance? I'm not sure myself, but I think you have to go way back into the archives to find one.

The 2011 CUSA Title game vs Memphis

Maybe the MTE games vs Kansas and vs Barbee’s Auburn.

Thats about it. Slim pickings

The UC Irvine game had a very loud and involved crowd. The sellout game about four years ago with Western Kentucky was great

Last edited:
The Tech scrimmage and the western Kentucky 50 year anniversary game. Prior to that the CBI championship games and the aforementioned UAB game for the CUSA championship.

The UAB game in Barbee's last season here.
I agree totally.

Last game for Memphis @ UTEP

Oregon State CBI best of three series. Meaningless but was against the Beavers who had not been to any post season play in a long time and were just as excited as UTEP.

The WKU game but it wasn’t because of the team, rather the celebration on the 66 team. So in a way that doesn’t count. You might have to say the end of Barbee’s tenure or maybe Floyd’s first year. Especially because the fans loved Culpepper.
Actually both games that weekend were fun and memorable. Marshall and Western Kentucky. I was thrilled to be there and as I recall they were both sellouts and man was the Don rockin. Were those the end of the line?

Actually both games that weekend were fun and memorable. Marshall and Western Kentucky. I was thrilled to be there and as I recall they were both sellouts and man was the Don rockin. Were those the end of the line?

Marshall wasn't a sellout. WKU was.

I have to admit that WKU game is probably the greatest game I have ever seen live. To go from thinking they were going to get blown out, to watching that team claw back and win in overtime was amazing.

The Marshall game was not a sellout, but I think it was one of our highest scoring games ever. That team was full throttle and shot lights out. It's just too bad VH left the year before. The WKU game was a sellout and was one of the biggest comebacks/coolest games I've ever seen too.

Reactions: Cube Jack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT