ADVERTISEMENT

Midseason UTEP basketball drama?

....Rodney Terry has been doing shady "basketball operations" things at UTEP since he took over, not like NCAA violations stuff, but just know that this transfer thing actually started when the coaching changes happened in the off season, and the current transfer dilemma is another direct product of Rodney Terry's way of doing things in my opinion. He's right about the NCAA transfer problems, I was in the room when Floyd came at my boy Kappy, but this current issue is a UTEP controlled issue started by Terry being shady again. If I can find more info or proof, I'll spill it on here, but he's full of it when he says the sky is not falling.

Three of your top guards were about to book it, and you scream and plead to the media that you're excited for conference play and that the sky isn't falling?!?!

Something doesn't smell right with Terry anymore.....his body language and tone was worrisome during this media exchange, usually he's calm and cool, this is a very uncomfortable thing to talk about and he's clearly acting like it....bout to see if the team is fully bought in on their head coach over the next three months......

What shady things has he done? Any proof or just speculation?

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
Just falling back on history and experience but my junior year in high school I was on the HS basketball team. We were loaded for such a small school and we had a new varsity coach who was clueless not knowing how to utilize our depth and talent. By this exact time we were at a holiday tournament arguing with each other and towards the end parents were bitching and the team was divided but somehow we did ok at state and getting third was enough to let bygones be bygones.

Just falling back on history and experience but my junior year in high school I was on the HS basketball team. We were loaded for such a small school and we had a new varsity coach who was clueless not knowing how to utilize our depth and talent. By this exact time we were at a holiday tournament arguing with each other and towards the end parents were bitching and the team was divided but somehow we did ok at state and getting third was enough to let bygones be bygones.

tenor.gif

Weighing all this I have to say that I support Coach Terry and his response that was posted on Twitter. One has to wonder what happened when the players went home for their Christmas break and frustrations expressed had gasoline poured on them by friends and family. Playing time has got to be a big factor for most players but in Lathon’s case we may never know. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
All I can say is that Terry has proven that he relates well with kids. Look at the kids from Fresno that followed him here. The fact is that the NCAA has made it so much easier to transfer that this is now the norm. I am not worried at all in CRT’s ability to bring in talent. We still have a very young squad to we all need to take a breath and let the program continue to grow. Say what you want but the road trip to Houston and Hawaii did us some good and we were in all the games in Hawaii.

'll nvm ?
Weighing all this I have to say that I support Coach Terry and his response that was posted on Twitter. One has to wonder what happened when the players went home for their Christmas break and frustrations expressed had gasoline poured on them by friends and family. Playing time has got to be a big factor for most players but in Lathon’s case we may never know. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
All I can say is that Terry has proven that he relates well with kids. Look at the kids from Fresno that followed him here. The fact is that the NCAA has made it so much easier to transfer that this is now the norm. I am not worried at all in CRT’s ability to bring in talent. We still have a very young squad to we all need to take a breath and let the program continue to grow. Say what you want but the road trip to Houston and Hawaii did us some good and we were in all the games in Hawaii.

So UTEP is going to the NCAA Tournament?

I don’t think CRT seems nervous in that clip, Alex.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, uni. Perhaps a bit flustered due to some very recent moments of program instability, but he seems rational, like he has thought this thing through.

With that said, I’m not saying I think all is well in Minerland, though. I have my own concerns with CRT.

I don’t think CRT seems nervous in that clip, Alex.

I have to agree, uni. Perhaps a bit flustered due to some very recent moments of program instability, but he seems rational, like he has thought this thing through.

With that said, I’m not saying I think all is well in Minerland, though. I have my own concerns with CRT.[/QUOTE]

Such as?

....Rodney Terry has been doing shady "basketball operations" things at UTEP since he took over, not like NCAA violations stuff, but just know that this transfer thing actually started when the coaching changes happened in the off season, and the current transfer dilemma is another direct product of Rodney Terry's way of doing things in my opinion. He's right about the NCAA transfer problems, I was in the room when Floyd came at my boy Kappy, but this current issue is a UTEP controlled issue started by Terry being shady again. If I can find more info or proof, I'll spill it on here, but he's full of it when he says the sky is not falling.

Three of your top guards were about to book it, and you scream and plead to the media that you're excited for conference play and that the sky isn't falling?!?!

Something doesn't smell right with Terry anymore.....his body language and tone was worrisome during this media exchange, usually he's calm and cool, this is a very uncomfortable thing to talk about and he's clearly acting like it....bout to see if the team is fully bought in on their head coach over the next three months......

what do you mean by shady? I can be totally wrong but all I see is people irritated with lack of playing time because

this team has been together for basically two years .. why is it falling apart all of a sudden? I don’t think terry changed over night... or do you think he is not liking what he is seeing at his positions and is forcing people out? ... this to me seems as playing time or players attitudes .... but I could be wrong

Am I the only one that likes our new starting lineup?

With that said, I’m not saying I think all is well in Minerland, though. I have my own concerns with CRT.

Such as?[/QUOTE]

I think he’s a good recruiter. I respect that he isn’t making excuses. He ‘seems’ to relate well to the youth of today. All good qualities.

I hesitate to say this as I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but aside from stressing the importance of a solid defense, I haven’t seen ANYTHING that suggests Terry is a good Xs and Os coach. This goes back to last year as far as I’m concerned. His half court offenses border on terrible and at times are completely dysfunctional. They never IMPROVED last year, and honestly, even though the season is young, I have yet to see improvement in this area this year. That’s my concern.

I think he’s a good recruiter. I respect that he isn’t making excuses. He ‘seems’ to relate well to the youth of today. All good qualities.

I hesitate to say this as I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but aside from stressing the importance of a solid defense, I haven’t seen ANYTHING that suggests Terry is a good Xs and Os coach. This goes back to last year as far as I’m concerned. His half court offenses border on terrible and at times are completely dysfunctional. They never IMPROVED last year, and honestly, even though the season is young, I have yet to see improvement in this area this year. That’s my concern.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I view him through the lens of Rick Barnes, who must’ve had a major influence on CRT. I’ve said the same thing about Barnes over the years haha.

He was racist towards Holly Bock. Even FanatiCoog agreed.

Wait...hold up. What are you dragging my name into? Not sure what you think I said, but I don’t remember commenting on that situation at all. Not saying I didn’t but I don’t remember. Proof of what I said, and in context, if you’re going to throw that out there please.

Reactions: JCorona
Wait...hold up. What are you dragging my name into? Not sure what you think I said, but I don’t remember commenting on that situation at all. Not saying I didn’t but I don’t remember. Proof of what I said, and in context, if you’re going to throw that out there please.

Ignore him — he’s repulsed by women.

I see the troll is doxing people again...
He’s got it out for Alex. In all reality he’s a big fan of Alex. Who else proudly uses the nickname given by someone they constantly attack as their handle? It’s kind of like kindergarten flirting. You know when a boy is mean to a girl cuz he likes her. Same thing. I think he wants to add Alex’s autograph to his collection.

The thread has since been deleted: https://utep.forums.rivals.com/forums/minerdigs.10/page-125?prefix_id=0&direction=asc

Which I am glad because it's possible Holly visits this website and she shouldn't be reading things like that.

All I know is you agreed Roy was being racist, but it really doesn't matter if you remember or not.

He knows what he said and probably cried to the moderator to have the thread deleted.

The thread has since been deleted: https://utep.forums.rivals.com/forums/minerdigs.10/page-125?prefix_id=0&direction=asc

Which I am glad because it's possible Holly visits this website and she shouldn't be reading things like that.

All I know is you agreed Roy was being racist, but it really doesn't matter if you remember or not.

He knows what he said and probably cried to the moderator to have the thread deleted.
I remember that thread. If you think calling someone an ugly white girl is racist then i honestly don’t know how you survive outside this message board.

FYI it was MinerinWisconsin who said something not @FanatiCoog.

Reactions: MineroFanatico

I might not have agreed with the statement he made, and I might’ve even said so, but I can assure you I didn’t call Bigwood a racist.

I probably liked a comment that you or someone else posted and you’re passing that off as “FanatiCoog said...”. Anyway!

He’s got it out for Alex. In all reality he’s a big fan of Alex. Who else proudly uses the nickname given by someone they constantly attack as their handle? It’s kind of like kindergarten flirting. You know when a boy is mean to a girl cuz he likes her. Same thing. I think he wants to add Alex’s autograph to his collection.

I think one time on here Roy called AB, a “wimpy pussy” and told him to “come see the fat guy with the Astros hat”

You’re okay with Roy calling him a pussy though right? Since he’s your “buddy” and AB isn’t, right?

what do you mean by shady? I can be totally wrong but all I see is people irritated with lack of playing time because

this team has been together for basically two years .. why is it falling apart all of a sudden? I don’t think terry changed over night... or do you think he is not liking what he is seeing at his positions and is forcing people out? ... this to me seems as playing time or players attitudes .... but I could be wrong

Am I the only one that likes our new starting lineup?
He’s done what two legit people i trust categorized to me around this time last year as shady recruiting things that raised eyebrows in the locker room and to other commits Like favoring “prized” recruits request that could benefit their inner circles among other things in that regard which is a common practice in college basketball, but a lot of people no longer associated with the program have some pretty Deep and pricey receipts on him, it doesn’t bother me as a fan nor should any of us because it affects the people inside the program and their progress and to be clear for the trolls who I have on IGNORE-ANCE it’s not illegal or against any other rules other than just being a decent human but let’s just say Terry really does want to win here.... it’s Terry’s way or get the fuk out the way basically. Which is fair, but can lead to problems like this when people get the short end of the stick.

No, I just did it to be funny because Alex called me out and thinks people should be ashamed for collecting autographs.

He supposedly sees me all the time at events, but instead of calling me out in person, he comes here and acts immature. He knows if he says those things in public he would look stupid.

I remember that thread. If you think calling someone an ugly white girl is racist then i honestly don’t know how you survive outside this message board.

FYI it was MinerinWisconsin who said something not @FanatiCoog.

I apologize @FanatiCoog.

So it would be ok if somebody says ugly Mexican, ugly brown girl, ugly Japanese, etc. Of course it's not ok.

I have called being ugly, but I have NEVER used their race or ethnicity.

I think one time on here Roy called AB, a “wimpy pussy” and told him to “come see the fat guy with the Astros hat”

You’re okay with Roy calling him a pussy though right? Since he’s your “buddy” and AB isn’t, right?
If someone calls me a pussy whimp I’m going to the next game and looking for the fat guy in an astros hat.

And you’re ok with all the insults your buddy throws out to Unihorn?

Reactions: MineroFanatico
He’s done what two legit people i trust categorized to me around this time last year as shady recruiting things that raised eyebrows in the locker room and to other commits Like favoring “prized” recruits request that could benefit their inner circles among other things in that regard which is a common practice in college basketball, but a lot of people no longer associated with the program have some pretty Deep and pricey receipts on him, it doesn’t bother me as a fan nor should any of us because it affects the people inside the program and their progress and to be clear for the trolls who I have on IGNORE-ANCE it’s not illegal or against any other rules other than just being a decent human but let’s just say Terry really does want to win here.... it’s Terry’s way or get the fuk out the way basically. Which is fair, but can lead to problems like this when people get the short end of the stick.

thanks for elaborating a bit... this is out of left field but does any of the coaching changes we have endured from what you heard have anything to do with the “shady” terry?

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05

All rumors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT