ADVERTISEMENT

Miner Rush Early Failure

I always enjoyed Miner Rush and Alex did an awesome job. We were spoiled by him, but for some reason it seems to me that not many people participated in the discussions there, even when it was full bore. That was probably frustrating to Alex given his efforts.

Valerie is not nearly on par with Alex. She hasn't even tried to bring anything to the site. I think the site will just die off unless some change is made (Either by Valerie or her boss).

Valerie simply can't live up to our expectations of Alex. However she can at least do something informative and interesting. She's luterlite doing the bare minimum and hoping they rectify the situation and realize it wasn't a good fit for anyone.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
I don't think anyone expected Alex's replacement to be as great as he was but Valerie is putting absolutely no effort. Alex was unquestionably underpaid and now Valerie is being paid to post UTEP press releases. What a time...

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
I contacted her boss inquiring about when she was going to hire a replacement for Alex and she responded by saying ASAP. I wrote her again a few days ago begging for her to do something about the complete lack of anything and no response.
I'm afraid Rush will only be a memory.

I contacted her boss inquiring about when she was going to hire a replacement for Alex and she responded by saying ASAP. I wrote her again a few days ago begging for her to do something about the complete lack of anything and no response.
I'm afraid Rush will only be a memory.
Send her info so we can all complain.

Send her info so we can all complain.

I think that’s a little too much. The numbers will speak for themselves. We’re talking about a website, which we go to for free. And not a rude cashier at Arby’s who screw up our order. Not a LubeNGo employee who didn’t do their job properly. But a person writing on a website, mostly based on information we can get ourselves.

Why complain to a higher up? Just find another source.

I think that’s a little too much. The numbers will speak for themselves. We’re talking about a website, which we go to for free. And not a rude cashier at Arby’s who screw up our order. Not a LubeNGo employee who didn’t do their job properly. But a person writing on a website, mostly based on information we can get ourselves.

Why complain to a higher up? Just find another source.

The frustrating thing is that there is no other source

I wonder if Adrian Broaddus would take up managing the site in the future? I know he writes a lot of articles for KROD as well as for The Prospector. He seems to have a lot of insight and good takes on the football and basketball programs.
I was just thinking the exact same thing last night as I was driving home. Wouldn't be much more work for him to rework his articles a d editorialize a bit before posting. He could earn a couple of beans just for reworking articles.

The plagiarism is inexcusable. However, I think we should all give her a little time to get her sea legs. It took a while for Miner Rush to fire on all cylinders when Alex started.

Swcroundup.com occasionally does some insightful writing on the Miners.

As others have mentioned why not write a few articles for Miner Rush yourself. You don’t have to be the site manager. Maybe an article per week giving your thoughts on the game. Help her out a bit.

Howdy Boys!
Got a response from Jeanna at jeanna.thomas@sbnation.com
She informed me that "Miner Rush is one of the smallest sites and the pay is minimal. She informed me that Valerie is the only writer on staff, so she's managing everything herself and for a site this size and being the only writer, she's doing great. Thanks!"
So...contrary to what we've been thinking; she's been doing great!

Reactions: jdubb66
Howdy Boys!
She informed me that "Miner Rush is one of the smallest sites and the pay is minimal. She informed me that Valerie is the only writer on staff, so she's managing everything herself and for a site this size and being the only writer, she's doing great. Thanks!"
I thought the site really sucked now. Glad to hear it's actually pretty good. That's a load off.

Howdy Boys!

I am curious how much she gets paid. Valerie is basically robbing money because she is a plagiarizer.

I am curious how much she gets paid. Valerie is basically robbing money because she is a plagiarizer.
I asked Jeanna that very question. You saw her answer.... very minimal. I raved about how great Alex was and that he spoiled us and he obviously went way beyond the call of duty.
ALEX! Wherever you are and whatever you're doing....thanks again and "happy trails".

Local, broadcast from the garage/bedroom sports sites broadcasts have popped up around town and I noticed Alex appears to be working for one? Only reason I noticed is because the local sports media were twittering all over themselves last night looking to make a story about the low turnout for the EP Chihuahua's game and basically implying local fans do not support UTEP and local pro sports venues for the long run.

Howdy Boys!
She means Valerie is the only "Cut and Paster" on staff right!?

Local, broadcast from the garage/bedroom sports sites broadcasts have popped up around town and I noticed Alex appears to be working for one? Only reason I noticed is because the local sports media were twittering all over themselves last night looking to make a story about the low turnout for the EP Chihuahua's game and basically implying local fans do not support UTEP and local pro sports venues for the long run.
Well, when a team makes the playoffs 4 years in a row and attendance is poor. That worries me since it’s a successful product. It wasn’t even a 5:30 game, the horror!

The whole “it’s a Wed and people work” true, but make the effort. It’s not as if it wasn’t announced

Reactions: EPTUTEP
Well, when a team makes the playoffs 4 years in a row and attendance is poor. That worries me since it’s a successful product. It wasn’t even a 5:30 game, the horror!

The whole “it’s a Wed and people work” true, but make the effort. It’s not as if it wasn’t announced

Minor League playoff attendance is poor throughout the country during the playoffs.

https://t.co/fRjI2y1o1u

Last edited:
Beer and free shit for the kids. Worked for Paul for a couple decades with the Diablos. Dad was happy and Little Pete was happy with his free Brewers cap made in China.

Beer and free shit for the kids. Worked for Paul for a couple decades with the Diablos. Dad was happy and Little Pete was happy with his free Brewers cap made in China.

Jim Paul had problems drawing fans in the postseason too. If anybody was there for the jersey giveaway a few weeks ago you would know what I'm talking about. Some people were there over 3 hours before the gates opened. I was there about an hour before the gates opened and I was lucky to get a jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT