ADVERTISEMENT

Miner Rush Early Failure

I was just thinking the exact same thing last night as I was driving home. Wouldn't be much more work for him to rework his articles a d editorialize a bit before posting. He could earn a couple of beans just for reworking articles.
Depending on his course load (can only be a student to write for the prospector) he may or may not be able to with the deadlines, etc

So, anyone want to sign up to take over? Since, this is a thread of complaints and no solutions...
First time I’ve seen her write something that’s not plagiarized. Jokes aside it’s a lot of responsibility. I’m not an aspiring media personality so I will not work for peanuts in exchange “to get my name out there.” My plate is full but if they wanted to pay above third world country wages, I wouldn’t mind doing part time writing for them.

First time I’ve seen her write something that’s not plagiarized. Jokes aside it’s a lot of responsibility. I’m not an aspiring media personality so I will not work for peanuts in exchange “to get my name out there.” My plate is full but if they wanted to pay above third world country wages, I wouldn’t mind doing part time writing for them.
The fact the job does pay peanuts and that most people do work full time jobs should bring a better perspective than just criticizing to criticize (speaking generally of course)

The fact the job does pay peanuts and that most people do work full time jobs should bring a better perspective than just criticizing to criticize (speaking generally of course)
I agree but no one was criticizing her work. They weren’t complaining about her point of view or writing style. The major complain I saw, and it’s a very valid one is the lack of a opinion and respect towards the readers. There are blogs that publish 50 word articles which make no sense. At least the author can take pride in knowing they wrote that article and did not copy and paste straight from the university’s website.

I agree but no one was criticizing her work. They weren’t complaining about her point of view or writing style. The major complain I saw, and it’s a very valid one is the lack of a opinion and respect towards the readers. There are blogs that publish 50 word articles which make no sense. At least the author can take pride in knowing they wrote that article and did not copy and paste straight from the university’s website.
Lack of opinion/respect...well, that's about as subjective as you can get and a very weak argument...almost sounds like a straw man argument. Anyone and everyone has an opinion. Respect? Well, let's see how many people here were already knocking her for writing about women's sports (see the very post that started this thread). Either way, she was (and even Alex) was not beholden to anyone here on this message board since we don't cut their checks. Anyway, anyone here going to apply? JCorona, maybe you since you do have to have the last word on this board with any topic? Miner1Liner? I could go on. Anyone?

Either way, I look forward to how this unfolds from DFW. Ciao

Reactions: develman
Lack of opinion/respect...well, that's about as subjective as you can get and a very weak argument...almost sounds like a straw man argument. Anyone and everyone has an opinion. Respect? Well, let's see how many people here were already knocking her for writing about women's sports (see the very post that started this thread). Either way, she was (and even Alex) was not beholden to anyone here on this message board since we don't cut their checks. Anyway, anyone here going to apply? JCorona, maybe you since you do have to have the last word on this board with any topic? Miner1Liner? I could go on. Anyone?

You're in love with Val aren't you. Admit it.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great

The girl was a plagiarist. She deserves all of the negative comments.

Can you point our 3 original blogs from Valerie? The point Corona was making is that all of her blogs were UTEP press releases. These releases are sent to all local media outlets. Regardless of what sports she covered, the content wasn't original and this is what people have issues with.

Alex had UTEP fans spoiled and set the bar very high at Miner Rush. Yes, on occasion, he would send out press releases and there's nothing wrong with that but to do it with every post is tiresome. UTEP fans have access to all of those press releases via UTEPathletics.com.

I won’t have the last word I’ll let facts have it. Here you go.

https://utepathletics.com/news/2018...eyball-receives-avca-team-academic-award.aspx

https://www.minerrush.com/2018/8/5/...ame-recipient-of-the-avca-team-academic-award

https://utepathletics.com/news/2018...named-as-assistant-coach-for-utep-tennis.aspx

https://www.minerrush.com/2018/8/6/17652582/rodrigo-almeida-named-as-assistant-coach-for-utep-tennis

https://www.minerrush.com/2018/8/7/...to-launch-first-miners-all-access-sports-show

https://kfoxtv.com/sports/local-sports/kfox14-and-utep-athletics-launch-miners-all-access

https://utepathletics.com/news/2018...ops-adds-four-star-recruit-jordan-lathon.aspx

https://www.minerrush.com/2018/8/10...star-recruit-jordan-lathon-to-mens-basketball

At that point is when I stopped reading Miner Rush. Maybe she wrote her own articles after that. By looking at her latest posts it doesn’t seem like she stopped copying and pasting directly from the UTEP athletics website.

Edit
On second thought maybe I should take the job. According to miner1liner source she was doing an amazing job. It’s so easy to copy and paste. When I can collect my check from Sb Nation?

Another woman pushed aside by some men, threatened by her power. Good luck with your future endeavors Val!
Nope Nope And NOPE! The quality was night and day from before, Woman or Man. Maybe Val had Power, but it was not shown in the least on Miner Rush. Unless you consider her cut and pasting skills lol. You're the type of person who makes non racist things about race and non sexes things about someone's sex. It's about the material that was put out, Male or Female!

Reactions: axingfools1
Given how Miner Rush is pretty much dead, I've finally joined Miner Digs. Hopefully someone with Alex's skill set can revive Miner Rush to its former glory.
Welcome home Val. Feel free to post any UTEP press releases here. Only credit them to the writer please.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT