ADVERTISEMENT

Miner TMZ

FiliUTEP

MI Miner Maniac
Feb 1, 2010
What is a TMZ event to happen for Utep ? Does anyone have any news that would be on TMZ.Basically gossip??

For me i think these events were TMZ worthy.

1.when Utep got caught for point shaving. I think that is the biggest TMZ event thing to happen for Utep.

2. The Stefon Jackson saga with his brother or friend. I believe his friends was wanted in Philly and he was staying with Jackson.

Reactions: unihorn
A few more that quickly come to mind, not in any particular order:

1. Kevin Beal punching Wyoming's Sly Johnson and starting a brawl - made SportsCenter

2. Kevin Beal being declared ineligible during WAC Tournament causing UTEP to be disqualified, even after winning vs. Hawaii. Hawaii lost a game and advanced to the next round.
I believe this was the proverbial straw on the camel that caused UTEP to not be invited to Airport meeting forming the MWC, and led to being placed on probation by the NCAA.

3. UTEP’s football upset of BYU in 1985

4. Kent Lockhart’s brawl with BYU in 1985, a triple OT game – arguably the greatest game ever played in the Special Events/Haskins Center

The point shaving obviously.

Jason Williams punching Stefon Jackson and breaking his jaw is an easy number 2. That drama with Williams being suspended and then reinstated after Jackson asked for him to come back was insane. But I really respected Jackson for admitting he did it for the team as well as saying he didn’t forgive Williams. That was some drama.

And if we’re talking TMZ moments I think that whole Chris Washburn incident in there as well. If I remember correctly some members of the media jumped the gun on that one and that lead to him transferring to TCU. I’m really surprised Julian stayed at UTEP how that all played out.

Some other quick ones

*Kenny Thomas going to play for UNM
*Gilyard transfers to NMSU
* Aaron Jones getting busted
* hiring Mike price
* the hand job (texas game)

There were tons of TMZ moments from the Sean Kugler era that have never seen the light of day.....
As far as I can tell, Sean Kugler is still married. If all the rumors were true that people were posting here around the time Kugler stepped down, I'm a bit surprised that's the case. Although they could be separated; I have no insight into his personal life.

But there was never any proof offered for any of those rumors, so I remain skeptical of them. I don't put it beyond people, people who wanted to show Sean Kugler the door, to start posting nasty rumors to turn public opinion against him to try to force him out.

Keion Kindred was supposed to be the savior of UTEP basketball when he signed in fall 2001. He decommited in August 2002 and decided to go to a JUCO. At the time it was a huge story as big as lilac Hamilton was. Two weeks later rab resigned after he knocked up a coed. 17 years later UTEP is still trying to find the savior for the hoops program.

Part of the reason Scott Stoker was fired because his wife got liquored up and said something she shouldn't have in front of other coaches wives that created tension.
[drunk Mrs. Stoker] "Oh look, your husband"
giphy.gif

Keion Kindred was supposed to be the savior of UTEP basketball when he signed in fall 2001. He decommited in August 2002 and decided to go to a JUCO. At the time it was a huge story as big as lilac Hamilton was. Two weeks later rab resigned after he knocked up a coed. 17 years later UTEP is still trying to find the savior for the hoops program.
They did in Hunter. Dumbass Darby ran him off.

As far as I can tell, Sean Kugler is still married. If all the rumors were true that people were posting here around the time Kugler stepped down, I'm a bit surprised that's the case. Although they could be separated; I have no insight into his personal life.

But there was never any proof offered for any of those rumors, so I remain skeptical of them. I don't put it beyond people, people who wanted to show Sean Kugler the door, to start posting nasty rumors to turn public opinion against him to try to force him out.

..you may want to ask for an update.

1. Illegal recruiting resulting in scholarships being cut in the 90s. Team didn't recover for years

2. Players arrested at club Blu downtown after brawl including player attempting to grab officer's firearm

3. In 1989 a basketball recruit was signed who had a previous conviction for selling drugs

4. The sad fate of Jeep Jackson causes some premature stories to be written and broadcast

5. John Harvey's sad life and legacy

6. Ryan Pyle goes on ESPN discussing how steroids were obtained by UTEP players and states coaches made no effort to stop them

That's enough for now

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
1. Illegal recruiting resulting in scholarships being cut in the 90s. Team didn't recover for years

2. Players arrested at club Blu downtown after brawl including player attempting to grab officer's firearm

3. In 1989 a basketball recruit was signed who had a previous conviction for selling drugs

4. The sad fate of Jeep Jackson causes some premature stories to be written and broadcast

5. John Harvey's sad life and legacy

6. Ryan Pyle goes on ESPN discussing how steroids were obtained by UTEP players and states coaches made no effort to stop them

That's enough for now
1) A car ride home by Haskins and a former UTEP announcer gave a player some new high tops. That's what UTEP got nailed for.

2) UTEP players were with the group that started the scrape, not part of it after investigation by that following Sunday. Lost a good player over an over zealous sports reporter wanting to "get the scoop" on the story.

3) The Chicago detective personally called Haskins and said it was extremely minor and he is actually a good kid who made a dumb mistake. It's of public record.

4) There was speculation as to how heavy his drug use.

5) John Harvey and Torraino Singleton. Both drafted by Tampa. Both booted by Tampa. (True story: Singleton was battling it out with the Mike "A Train" Alstott who was a rookie too. The rest is history).

6) That was an ESPN story that had no air under it's wings. It was all true but was a "so what else is new?" reaction.

What about hook ups? Any Utep Celebrity couples?

Isnt Randy Culpper married to a news anchor??

What about hook ups? Any Utep Celebrity couples?

Isnt Randy Culpper married to a news anchor??

I don't want to name the girl but Aaron Jones recently bought a car at a local dealership from the owner's daughter and gave her a "ride" as a thank you. She promptly divorced her husband over social media.

1) A car ride home by Haskins and a former UTEP announcer gave a player some new high tops. That's what UTEP got nailed for.

2) UTEP players were with the group that started the scrape, not part of it after investigation by that following Sunday. Lost a good player over an over zealous sports reporter wanting to "get the scoop" on the story.

3) The Chicago detective personally called Haskins and said it was extremely minor and he is actually a good kid who made a dumb mistake. It's of public record.

4) There was speculation as to how heavy his drug use.

5) John Harvey and Torraino Singleton. Both drafted by Tampa. Both booted by Tampa. (True story: Singleton was battling it out with the Mike "A Train" Alstott who was a rookie too. The rest is history).

6) That was an ESPN story that had no air under it's wings. It was all true but was a "so what else is new?" reaction.

I remember Joe Meunch wrote a scathing article about the signing of this player. He went on to a pretty good UTEP career though. Part of the sweet 16 team.

Ryan Pyle wasn't the easiest guy to get along with. The funny thing is that I don't think he ever played a down of college football and transferred to SFA

Did Singleton ever make it to training camp for Tampa Bay? I know alstott was a second-round draft pick, but I think Singleton was a free agent signing. He wound up getting convicted in June so it may have been before he actually got to training camp. If I'm not mistaken he never saw the inside of a prison cell though. Unlike John Harvey who is currently in prison probably for the majority of his life. I guess at least I got to play John Harvey in Tecmo Super Bowl

I can't say too much but I can say you are technically correct in that he is married. However his divorce was finalized in 2017 from his first wife
His Wikipedia page still says he's married to Patsy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Kugler#Personal_life
"Kugler and his wife Patsy have three children: sons Robert and Patrick and daughter Kali."

If Patsy is no longer his wife, and since you apparently know who is, then perhaps you should hop into Wikipedia and correct it. (But of course, Wikipedia probably would want a source to justify any edit you make, and I have my doubts that you could deliver.) Or if you don't want to out the new wife, at least designate Patsy as "ex-wife" so that the statement is no longer false.

I'm surprised that NOBODY from the Kugler clan has bothered to correct the Wikipedia page, if it's wrong.

I've still never seen one shred of proof that any of these rumors that flooded this site about Sean Kugler were true.

"Kugler and his wife Patsy have three children: sons Robert and Patrick and daughter Kali."

If Patsy is no longer his wife, and since you apparently know who is, then perhaps you should hop into Wikipedia and correct it. (But of course, Wikipedia probably would want a source to justify any edit you make, and I have my doubts that you could deliver.) Or if you don't want to out the new wife, at least designate Patsy as "ex-wife" so that the statement is no longer false.

I'm surprised that NOBODY from the Kugler clan has bothered to correct the Wikipedia page, if it's wrong.

I've still never seen one shred of proof that any of these rumors that flooded this site about Sean Kugler were true.
Here is a list of divorces granted in Pittsburgh. It's a bit long, so you'll have to do a control F to find specific names but it's in here

http://divorces159.rssing.com/chan-56712695/all_p8.html

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Did Singleton ever make it to training camp for Tampa Bay? I know alstott was a second-round draft pick, but I think Singleton was a free agent signing. He wound up getting convicted in June so it may have been before he actually got to training camp. If I'm not mistaken he never saw the inside of a prison cell though. Unlike John Harvey who is currently in prison probably for the majority of his life. I guess at least I got to play John Harvey in Tecmo Super Bowl

"Former UTEP running back Toraino Singleton was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after being sentenced to 12 years in prison on a conviction for assault with a deadly weapon--his fists." https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1996-06-02-9606020319-story.html

Good news; from what I have been told from "friends" (on Kyyote's) and online, he runs a successful gym in Sacramento and is living life to the fullest. Yes, you are correct, he was a free agent.

Reactions: Cube Jack
"Former UTEP running back Toraino Singleton was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers after being sentenced to 12 years in prison on a conviction for assault with a deadly weapon--his fists." https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1996-06-02-9606020319-story.html

Good news; from what I have been told from "friends" (on Kyyote's) and online, he runs a successful gym in Sacramento and is living life to the fullest. Yes, you are correct, he was a free agent.

Glad things worked out for him. I remember when the incident he was convicted for happened a guy I knew from high school worked at the bar next to tthe alley and claimed he saw the while thing and that it was exaggerated. Not sure how true that is. You know how rumors work

There is a video out there from when he was hired by Kingsbury where Kugs states: "My wife is from El Paso" couldn't find it though

There is a video out there from when he was hired by Kingsbury where Kugs states: "My wife is from El Paso" couldn't find it though
Here you go buddy. It’s not a video but it has the quote.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-sean-kugler-offensive-line-coach/2941412002/

To be part of a new staff intrigued me,” Kugler said. “I love the desert Southwest. I spent 20 years at Texas-El Paso as a player, assistant coach and head coach. My wife’s from El Paso and it’s six hours away. Ultimately, visiting coach Kingsbury and seeing his vision excited me.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-sean-kugler-offensive-line-coach/2941412002/

To be part of a new staff intrigued me,” Kugler said. “I love the desert Southwest. I spent 20 years at Texas-El Paso as a player, assistant coach and head coach. My wife’s from El Paso and it’s six hours away. Ultimately, visiting coach Kingsbury and seeing his vision excited me.”
This is a golden quote as well....

“If a guy hires just his buddies, there’s that comfortable feeling,” Kugler said. “If there are guys who don’t know each other, you’ve almost got to prove yourself. It’s like you move to a new town, you’ve got to prove yourself.”

TF bro? You gonna tease like that when said it was on social media? Hook a brotha up! Inquiring minds NEED to know! :D

Just follow Aaron jones on twitter. He posts about a girl. Someone stoled his gfs tablet not so long ago at Utep.lol

His bio on the Cardinals website says he's "married to his wife Monica".

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches-roster/sean-kugler

Here's one. Does anyone remember about a year after the Zeke Mowatt locker room incident with Lisa Olson there was a story in February 1992 about a female reporter in the UTEP basketball lockerroom with the last name Gamboa allegedly receiving some kind of sexist treatment? I don't know whatever became of it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT