ADVERTISEMENT

Miner Volleyball Team wins first - and second - game in NIVC

Is the UNLV one also in EP. I imagine the tournament was happy with the turnout tonight.

I didn't realize that the match was being broadcast on YouTube until reading this thread about midway through the 4th set. I was trying to stream it on CUSA-TV forever before that, which, as we know, was broken, following it instead by using the "Live Stats" link from the official schedule. That 4th set was insane! Losing that one, after have multiple match points, could have been a back breaker, but the team was tough and resilient, bouncing back for a relatively easy 5th set. Major kudos to our players and staff for the win.

While the team and staff really stepped up, the athletic department needs to make sure that the streaming issues are fixed against UNLV. I watched the match against CSU on the MWC's streaming site with no issues. Not being able to stream last nights match leaves the athletic department with some egg on their face. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Not gonna lie I'm a bit envious of that crowd and how loud it can get in there. I wasn't fortunate enough to ever experience a game at Memorial but it should be something UTEP should consider. At least against the D2 or lower level D1 teams.
It'll never happen but still a great volleyball game to be at

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Big opportunity.
Right on! Potential high school graduates all over the country, will flock to UTEP if they’re able to host the prestigious NVIC final. I hope UTEP is prepared for the influx of new students once the NVIC news is the talk of high schools and colleges around the world.

Right on! Potential high school graduates all over the country, will flock to UTEP if they’re able to host the prestigious NVIC final. I hope UTEP is prepared for the influx of new students once the NVIC news is the talk of high schools and colleges around the world.
I know you're never impressed with anything UTEP related. Hosting a championship event is a big opportunity. When was the last time UTEP hosted a championship game? The WNIT? Cuz I know the men haven't done shit in forever.

Reactions: picks up
I know you're never impressed with anything UTEP related. Hosting a championship event is a big opportunity. When was the last time UTEP hosted a championship game? The WNIT? Cuz I know the men haven't done shit in forever.
I bet nobody on here knew what the NVIC was or who has won it in the past. That’s a great accomplishment for the volleyball program, but it has the fan fare of next weeks UTEP v McNeese St game, if that.

I bet nobody on here knew what the NVIC was or who has won it in the past. That’s a great accomplishment for the volleyball program, but it has the fan fare of next weeks UTEP v McNeese St game, if that.
The ones who keep up with Volleyball might have a clue. The attendance is very good for a volleyball game. Texas who is one of the best all time programs averages around 3400. If UTEP sells out the next two game they would be in that neighborhood without even 1 of the 39 NCAA tournaments Texas has.

The ones who keep up with Volleyball might have a clue. The attendance is very good for a volleyball game. Texas who is one of the best all time programs averages around 3400. If UTEP sells out the next two game they would be in that neighborhood without even 1 of the 39 NCAA tournaments Texas has.
Point is, it’s not a big opportunity. It’s a needle in a haystack, except for the team.

Without looking it up, when was this “huge” WNIT championship game?

We can rattle off the bowl games and NCAAs for the men, very few care about womens sports.

Point is, it’s not a big opportunity. It’s a needle in a haystack, except for the team.

We can rattle off the bowl games and NCAAs for the men, very few care about womens sports.
The point is since it's unimportant to you, you feel everyone thinks the same way.

Reactions: picks up
I know that they do. So can’t tell me off the top of your head when the WNIT final was right?
Yea of course I can. I remember alot about that game. I remember the church concert moving to accomadate the game. I've said many times on this board that imo that game is the loudest I've ever heard the Haskins Center.

Yea of course I can. I remember alot about that game. I remember the church concert moving to accomadate the game. I've said many times on this board that imo that game is the loudest I've ever heard the Haskins Center.
What year was it

It is a big opportunity. It's a building block for the future. This coach has already built the best volleyball team in our poor history. This could be the beginning of something. Do you ever see anything in a positive manner? We are having historic season and you're not giving credit.

It is a big opportunity. It's a building block for the future. This coach has already built the best volleyball team in our poor history. This could be the beginning of something. Do you ever see anything in a positive manner? We are having historic season and you're not giving credit.
Not true. Only that the NVIC is ignored and will be forgotten about in 5 years. But keep thinking it’s big time!

Not true. Only that the NVIC is ignored and will be forgotten about in 5 years. But keep thinking it’s big time!
It's big time for UTEP. This is the first post season in our existence. Whether it's important to you or not hosting and potentially winning this forgotten tournament will go down in the UTEP volleyball history books.

If you are a high school volleyball player or a player looking to transfer it maters!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT