ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Huskers 2018 College FB Today Preview!

Can't wait for Montez and his Buffs to go up to Lincoln and some husker ass.
Oh hell no. Huskers own CU (49–18–2). Going up to panhandle of Nebraska in a few days, too; can't wait. I would love to be at that game!

I'm with 2step on this one, Big Red will roll. Montez wont finish out the season as the starter. Frost finishes his first season home 9-3. Can he restore Nebraska to perennial power? We will see.

Reactions: utep2step
These aren't your fathers huskers anymore. The days of Dr Tom recruiting convicts are long gone. Truth is ever since CU thumped the bug eaters 62-36, NU has never been the same. In fact, they've had as many head coaches as UTEP. If Montez doesn't finish out the season it would be because of injury. Not only is he a beast, he was one of the few QB's invited to Peyton Mannings QB camp. If his maturity catches up with his body, watch out.

Nebraska loses, I'll come with a thirty pack of BL at a UTEP home game, open up the hatch door on my Chevy Chevette and let you Montez and CU lovers chug down.

These aren't your fathers huskers anymore. The days of Dr Tom recruiting convicts are long gone. Truth is ever since CU thumped the bug eaters 62-36, NU has never been the same. In fact, they've had as many head coaches as UTEP. If Montez doesn't finish out the season it would be because of injury. Not only is he a beast, he was one of the few QB's invited to Peyton Mannings QB camp. If his maturity catches up with his body, watch out.

Very true. But my money is on Frost to get Nebby back over the hump of mediocrity. I have never been a Cornhusker fan but I’ll be rooting for CSF. Really like how he handled his transition from UCF to Nebraska with such class, dignity and respect towards all involved. The sporting world could stand to take a page from his book, imo.

You can pull it off at the UCF's of the world but it's unlikely to see immediate results in a P5 conference, just ask Mike Riley. So with a qb that has yet to be named MinerforLife thinks nu will finish 9-3? This is why I voted against marijuana.

Just for the record, I didn’t say “immediate” turnaround. Taking an 0-12 team and going 13-0, in a matter of two years is difficult no matter where it’s done. I would agree that 9-3 is ambitious for the first year but I’d bet Nebraska wins the Big10 West within 4 years, when Frost has mostly his own recruits.

You can pull it off at the UCF's of the world but it's unlikely to see immediate results in a P5 conference, just ask Mike Riley. So with a qb that has yet to be named MinerforLife thinks nu will finish 9-3? This is why I voted against marijuana.
Not to turn this into a NU thread because this is a Miner sports site, but I see 7. Nine is definitely within the realm of possibility if Frost has them overachieving his first year. So I guess I too have been breathing in some of that Colorado air....:p
giphy.gif

It is legal in my state.

Very true. But my money is on Frost to get Nebby back over the hump of mediocrity. I have never been a Cornhusker fan but I’ll be rooting for CSF. Really like how he handled his transition from UCF to Nebraska with such class, dignity and respect towards all involved. The sporting world could stand to take a page from his book, imo.

Too funny ... FanNatiCoog, getting loose in the team room.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Oh hell no. Huskers own CU (49–18–2). Going up to panhandle of Nebraska in a few days, too; can't wait. I would love to be at that game!
Nebraska loses, I'll come with a thirty pack of BL at a UTEP home game, open up the hatch door on my Chevy Chevette and let you Montez and CU lovers chug down.

E'hem.... nothing is better then crashing Opie's homecoming and having him lose to the hated Buffs in front of Dr. Tom and 88 thousand crying farmers. Media is saying El Paso's Montez will be playing on Sundays. Keep that 30 pack of BL on ice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT