New MWC Possibility:

Would this be better for UTEP?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Think 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

There's something funky about the leaks. Normally you keep things quiet until the deal is done. Leaking happens when you're trying to provoke a reaction. Did it come from UTEP or MWC? I think the Tx St leak came from MWC.

Possibilities:
1. Sometimes a leak is just a leak.
2. MWC leaks both TX St and UTEP in the hopes of causing each other to panic that they'll be left out and sign now and not hold out for PAC.
3. UTEP leaks the story to try to goose PAC into making a move -- idea being that PAC would see the possibility that they get frozen out of Texas and offer one or both.
4. some scheme either too devious or too stupid for me to think about it right now

I’m assuming 2 things…. PAC 12 wanted a higher financial commitment than Utep could offer and the majority of the teams didn’t approve Utep being added at the time. Either way Wilson did her due diligence and I can get down with that. Ultimately in the end the consolation prize is better than where we are at currently and probably more than we deserve based on our major sports performance. Now let’s get better and field some Winning Programs!!!!!! We are finally in the slightly watered down version of the MWC, and I’ll take it!!!

I’m assuming 2 things…. PAC 12 wanted a higher financial commitment than Utep could offer and the majority of the teams didn’t approve Utep being added at the time. Either way Wilson did her due diligence and I can get down with that. Ultimately in the end the consolation prize is better than where we are at currently and probably more than we deserve based on our major sports performance. Now let’s get better and field some Winning Programs!!!!!! We are finally in the slightly watered down version of the MWC, and I’ll take it!!!
Pac 12 was never dumpster diving for UTEP.

Makes sense. They can make another run at Memphis now for all sports.
I think that’s their play. Go for a bigger team from the AAC. The PAC-12 was probably an unreasonable pipe dream for UTEP so I’m not mad at all.

I’m happy UTEP is finally out of C-USA and if we switch out NMSU for UNM I don’t mind because it won’t be hard for younger fans to hate the meth-head Lobos too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT