ADVERTISEMENT

New MWC Possibility:

Would this be better for UTEP?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Glad to be in the MWC, but I hope UTEP admin is more proactive this time when dealing with the conference bc these a$$holes have ditched us before.
Ain’t that personal bro. I would bet none of the ADs and Presidents in 1998 are still around in any capacity. BYU, Utah, Colorado St, and San Diego St are no longer making MWC decisions either.

Ain’t that personal bro. I would bet none of the ADs and Presidents in 1998 are still around in any capacity. BYU, Utah, Colorado St, and San Diego St are no longer making MWC decisions either.
My comment has more to do with the sometimes "simpleton" approach our admin takes to athletics than me still being pissed about the airport meeting.

Well, I didn’t think this was ever going to happen. The MWC passed over UTEP before, and I expected them to do so again in this never ending merry-go-round of conference realignment. I do believe it was more of desperation by MWC in needing a full sports member than actually wanting UTEP. No matter, a watered down MWC is still way better than the current version of CUSA. Now will UTEP actually invest more into their athletic programs and facilities? I would think that would have been one of the requirements the MWC demanded of UTEP for admission. Now we’ll wait and see who will gets invited to the MWC. Still think it will be Texas State as a full member. NMSU may be a last option for the MWC if they can’t lure another full sports member, much to the chagrin of Miner fans.

Well, I didn’t think this was ever going to happen. The MWC passed over UTEP before, and I expected them to do so again in this never ending merry-go-round of conference realignment. I do believe it was more of desperation by MWC in needing a full sports member than actually wanting UTEP. No matter, a watered down MWC is still way better than the current version of CUSA. Now will UTEP actually invest more into their athletic programs and facilities? I would think that would have been one of the requirements the MWC demanded of UTEP for admission. Now we’ll wait and see who will gets invited to the MWC. Still think it will be Texas State as a full member. NMSU may be a last option for the MWC if they can’t lure another full sports member, much to the chagrin of Miner fans.
UTEP was added for survival, plain and simple and to act as a “bridge”’ to TSU (either one or both).

I don’t mind NMSU being in our conference. If they’re not, at least that’s a good non conference game.

wonder if there'll ever be that much excitement for MW schools for the younger post-WAC generation....it's been 19 going on 20 years since the WAC. Will the generation that passed hold the candle to those cold Wyoming nights like the older.
True, but is there a lot of excitement for Jax St., Sam, Kennesaw, Delaware, or Missouri St.?

There’s already doubt that UTEP can even compete in the MWC, might as well have penciled in the Miners finishing DFL in the Pac.

Imagine Bronzeing coaching against Gonzaga and San Diego St when he can barely beat LaTech and Middle Tennessee.
We can’t even compete in CUSA. When was the last time we had a winning conference record in football. It’s given we’re bottom dwellers. We could have lucked out our way into a higher paying conference.

• Angry
Reactions: Lil_Train
We can’t even compete in CUSA. When was the last time we had a winning conference record in football. It’s given we’re bottom dwellers. We could have lucked out our way into a higher paying conference.
Kugler’s 2nd year. Maybe this was the safe bet, if the Pac was even a possibility. I think that it wasn’t, unless a lot of strange things happen.

Reactions: JCorona
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT