ADVERTISEMENT

New MWC Possibility:

Would this be better for UTEP?

• Yes

Votes: 36 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Why should any conference give a damn about UTEP if El Pasoans don't? Why should they give a damn if UTEP's administration won't? We've had all the time in the world to get our house in order but never the will. Other conferences won't touch us. MWC took us as a last choice, not a first choice. The PAC would allow itself to cease to exist rather than lower itself to our level. So be it. How's that for a sour mood?
Ilustres Ignorantes Mira GIF by Movistar Plus+

exactly

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
...Boosters and NIL Partners Invest and we field some winning programs mainly football and and Men’s/ Women’s Basketball....
notice how you just point out ppl other than fans that should invest and donate along with boosters and NIL partners
the "have someone else do it, and i'll enjoy their benefits" mentality has not helped UTEP at all.

Reactions: FedupMiner
could be worse. on the other board which is dead as could be, they've been screaming for years to get into the MW. It happens.
"well, we might as well merge conferences between the MW and CSUA" (paraphrasing)
Frustrated Fuck My Life GIF

That would really tick me off. I really thought UTEP stood a good chance of getting into the Pac this time around out of necessity and timing. I know it doesn’t matter any more, but that would have been the best thing for UTEP since winning the BB national championship. The Pac must be feeling the pressure since they’ve struck out with all the schools they targeted.

The PAC wants to create a "best of the rest" conference. Sadly our beloved UTEP has never been thought of "best of the rest" in anything.

Hopefully this switch ignites a fire in our a$$ (both admin and fanbase) and initiates improvements all around. That way, when the next round of realignment happens and its our turn again, were not left behind.

If they get Hawaii to join full-time, then they can take their time to lay out a plan for the future without desperate moves (like adding UTEP)sorry it was. It would be great if they could add two football-only schools and two basketball-only schools. NIU and NDSU for football and St Marys and Grand Canyon U for Basketball even NMSU for basketball only would be great.

Bla Bla Bla, you may be right, but not letting you piss on our Parade!!! We’re in the conference we wanted to be in now hopefully administration, Boosters and NIL Partners Invest and we field some winning programs mainly football and and Men’s/ Women’s Basketball. El Paso has a great fan base and supports winners and has even supported losers better than some support their winners. Go piss in someone else’s Cheerios, it’s been a happy couple of days and we don’t get those a bunch as Miner Fans!
Hopefully it’s an easier sell that we’re playing UNLV/AFA/WY compared to Kennesaw St/SHSU etc. At the same time I would also suggest a donation if you can - we have a lot of ground to cover to catch up in terms of donations and funding.

Above that, support as many businesses that are supporting our athletes. It stinks to say, but money makes athletics go around and a few dollars every few months from every fan will add up over time.

Season tickets for everything except basketball are relatively cheap and another easy way to support the program. Ultimately we still need a lot of work in terms of nutrition and training equipment.

Above that, support as many businesses that are supporting our athletes. It stinks to say, but money makes athletics go around and a few dollars every few months from every fan will add up over time.

Season tickets for everything except basketball are relatively cheap and another easy way to support the program. Ultimately we still need a lot of work in terms of nutrition and training equipment.
These two things, seem hard for fans to do, even when we suck

We wonder why we're so far behind....I remember this board and the other one as an undergrad "We don't need a cafeteria or nutrition bar, we have a deal with Luby's near campus"

No wonder we're always "behind"

• Haha
Reactions: FarWestTexas
"
If they get Hawaii to join full-time, then they can take their time to lay out a plan for the future without desperate moves (like adding UTEP)sorry it was. It would be great if they could add two football-only schools and two basketball-only schools. NIU and NDSU for football and St Marys and Grand Canyon U for Basketball even NMSU for basketball only would be great.
Just playing devil's advocate but over the years I have heard on national syndicated shows that NDSU is ok where they are at, and really don't have the money to go full FBS. NIU is the UAB of MAC: All in on football and basketball takes a back seat.

Terry and Golding were and are not performing to UTEP standards but the MW knows UTEP basketball does not take a backseat to football.

Reactions: kickballpro
MWC reports after seeing Utep play tonight against San Houston…. “We made a mistake and picked the wrong Texas team” lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT