ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Predictions

nattybry

MI Miner Maniac
Jul 7, 2003
I stand by these predictions and when I'm right, make sure you all reference this post lol
Miner Football: Sorry, but don't see a good season, without a proven RB and Receivers and a tough schedule. 3-8 Kugler fired

Miner Basketball:
Builds on last year, runner up in CUSA, unfortunately loses in tourney, and only one bid for conference sends us to Nit in which we finally win some games as a 4 seed. You heard it first!

Reactions: Cube Jack
I think football will be abysmal this year.

As for bball, I predict something similar to last year. We have too much inexperience at the pg position which will make for some growing pains

2 wins in football. The team lost it's only superstar skill player and we still haven't found a QB/WR combo that can move the ball. That and we have some of the worst offensive play calling in the nation.

Basketball does not secure a top 4 seed and we're out of the post season again.

2 wins in football. The team lost it's only superstar skill player and we still haven't found a QB/WR combo that can move the ball. That and we have some of the worst offensive play calling in the nation.

Basketball does not secure a top 4 seed and we're out of the post season again.

Wow I would be extremely surprised if we don't get a top 4 seed!!! I will not be happy if we don't at least make the nit

4-8 (3-5) in football.
We could have gone bowling at 5-7 but thankfully we don't and the SK era ends.

21-12 (13-5) 2-1 in CUSA tournament.
UTEP finishes as the #3 seed in an improved CUSA. Jumping from the #23 to #16 league is not enough to earn us any respect. UTEP gets snubbed from the NIT with an RPI of 107.

Basketball could do well. Looking forward to 22 wins including a win over NMSU. Football I'm hoping to see surprise some people, but we'll see

Football - CUSA Champions, 12-0 record. berth in the Fiesta Bowl.

Basketball - CUSA Regular Season and Tournament Champions, #4 seed NCAA Tournament, Sweet Sixteen.

Oh sweet jeezus you guys! We had one of the best rb's in the country, a good qb (Metz), a first round OL (who will come back for senior year), a good TE, two solid good linebackers and a good schedule and this staff still could not get to the damn NM bowl?!

Floyd? Do we need to go there?

UTEP major revenue sports has hit another low....again.

I am going to support UTEP. But my prediction for both FB and BB are very low.

6 wins in football, we are all pleasantly surprised at the effort from the Miners.
19 wins in men's basketball in another ho-hum yawner of a season

Reactions: MineroFanatico
This poll has us finishing next to last in CUSA West (football):

http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2017.html

That's optimistic IMO. Kug has done a hell of a job cleaning up the program and laying a foundation of stability and what players need to focus on to be successful and building from the center and move outward. But he just doesn't have the coaching punch to compete for at least a divisional title in a low tier FBS conference.

5-7 football, just miss a bowl game.

20+ games in bball and a first round exit in the NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT