ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU Dead Last In APR but Won A Bowl Game

“MacLeod says C-USA will have more media deals announced by early June. She claims C-USA is in discussions for adding some games to the ESPN digital platform.”

NMSU's basketball and football games have been on ESPN3 for years.

I guess UTEP will finally catch up.

NMSU's basketball and football games have been on ESPN3 for years.

I guess UTEP will finally catch up.
It’s a conference deal. The Sun Belt and WAC have contracts with ESPN. CUSA decided to go a different route during the previous tv deal. With this current deal they seem to be shifting towards going back to work with ESPN.

It’s a conference deal. The Sun Belt and WAC have contracts with ESPN. CUSA decided to go a different route during the previous tv deal. With this current deal they seem to be shifting towards going back to work with ESPN.

So I guess the Sun Belt and the WAC are better conferences then since they offered deals to them first.

So I guess the Sun Belt and the WAC are better conferences then since they offered deals to them first.
Not necessarily. The Sun Belt took weekday games and a lower monetary deal to be on ESPN. CUSA made more money and got to keep most of their games on Saturday by going with different tv outlets.

Are ESPN and ESPN digital the same thing? Can I walk into any sportsbar in the USA and ask them to put it on “ESPN digital”?

No. Being on ESPN+ and ESPN are 2 very different things. Even being on ESPNU is better than ESPN+. Besides, it will be for inventory that CBSSN doesn’t want. Since CBSSN is the primary, they will choose the best games.

Are ESPN and ESPN digital the same thing? Can I walk into any sportsbar in the USA and ask them to put it on “ESPN digital”?

No. Being on ESPN+ and ESPN are 2 very different things. Even being on ESPNU is better than ESPN+. Besides, it will be for inventory that CBSSN doesn’t want. Since CBSSN is the primary, they will choose the best games.
So first it was fake news. Now that I provide a link confirming that our commissioner said she’s working on more media deals one of them being ESPN it still doesn’t satisfy you. I’ve spoken no lies or homerism.

I have no idea what the new deals announced will be. As long as I can see the games I’m satisfied. I don’t need to go to a bar to watch the UTEP game. I’ll stream it on my laptop and chrome cast it to my tv while enjoying a six pack in the comfort of my home.

I’m sure it will include something to do with the new ESPN+ channel.

Are ESPN and ESPN digital the same? Saying you’re negotiating with ESPN is not the same as ESPN+. CUSA games won’t be on regular ESPN channels.

This is like saying “I have my own business” and you’re peddling HerbaLife. It’s not the same and you know it.

Are ESPN and ESPN digital the same? Saying you’re negotiating with ESPN is not the same as ESPN+. CUSA games won’t be on regular ESPN channels.

This is like saying “I have my own business” and you’re peddling HerbaLife. It’s not the same and you know it.
My mistake for not being specific. CUSA is still in the process of negotiating a deal with ESPN digital platforms owned by ESPN. Happy now Mr. Perfectionist?

[removed]
You’re right. With out knowing the specifics of the contract who knows maybe a few CUSA games do end up on your traditional ESPN or ESPN2 platform on a Wednesday or Thursday night.

I’ll be waiting for the details. I don’t get my hopes up but I would be happy with at least being on that new ESPN+ channel. For me personally I already have the channel due to the MLS and boxing content. Add a few UTEP and CUSA games to it and I’m beyond content.

I have it as well for MLS. It also has USL, but will be more useful next year when the El Paso team debuts. $5 a month isn’t bad and I think it’s extremely useful, but many older fans and non-technology savvy fans will have issues understanding it.

Reactions: El Paso 1
You’re right. With out knowing the specifics of the contract who knows maybe a few CUSA games do end up on your traditional ESPN or ESPN2 platform on a Wednesday or Thursday night.

I’ll be waiting for the details. I don’t get my hopes up but I would be happy with at least being on that new ESPN+ channel. For me personally I already have the channel due to the MLS and boxing content. Add a few UTEP and CUSA games to it and I’m beyond content.

Other than the CUSA championship game, there are no CUSA games listed for ESPN.

I have it as well for MLS. It also has USL, but will be more useful next year when the El Paso team debuts. $5 a month isn’t bad and I think it’s extremely useful, but many older fans and non-technology savvy fans will have issues understanding it.
Good point completely forgot about the USL games. If you pay for the entire year upfront it comes out to about $4 a month. It’s a much better deal than that crappy $10 a month CUSATV bs arrangement we have now.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
Good point completely forgot about the USL games. If you pay for the entire year upfront it comes out to about $4 a month. It’s a much better deal than that crappy $10 a month CUSATV bs arrangement we have now.

Remains to be seen, that’s assuming CUSA games end up on ESPN+.

The bad thing about the “TV” deals is that they’re spread out. Might be on ESPN+, Facebook, or Stadium. At least MAC and Belt fans can go to only ESPN+ and know their digital games will only be there.

Other than the CUSA championship game, there are no CUSA games listed for ESPN.
That’s why I’m hoping Judy is a good negotiator. In exchange for being on the new ESPN digital platform we get at least a few CUSA games on regular ESPN or ESPN2. We should know in the next week or two exactly what we’re getting.

That’s why I’m hoping Judy is a good negotiator. In exchange for being on the new ESPN digital platform we get at least a few CUSA games on regular ESPN or ESPN2. We should know in the next week or two exactly what we’re getting.

I hear what you’re saying, but if CBSSN is getting first dibs, why would you want the leftovers and put them of your regular channels? When they were the primary, they didn’t even showcase CUSA games, why would they do that with WORSE games?

Remains to be seen, that’s assuming CUSA games end up on ESPN+.

The bad thing about the “TV” deals is that they’re spread out. Might be on ESPN+, Facebook, or Stadium. At least MAC and Belt fans can go to only ESPN+ and know their digital games will only be there.
You’re right again. The Sun belt negotiated a very good deal with ESPN this previous cycle. They have a good amount of games on regular cable channels and the rest on ESPN+. The money ain’t too bad either. Rumored to be around 500k per school. I’m actually a bit jealous of that deal.

There has been times a major CUSA game is going on and there is no way to watch it. With that new deal the Sun Belt has all conference games will be either on tv or the internet.

You’re right again. The Sun belt negotiated a very good deal with ESPN this previous cycle. They have a good amount of games on regular cable channels and the rest on ESPN+. The money ain’t too bad either. Rumored to be around 500k per school. I’m actually a bit jealous of that deal.

There has been times a major CUSA game is going on and there is no way to watch it. With that new deal the Sun Belt has all conference games will be either on tv or the internet.

I believe the schools didn’t want to play Tuesday and Wednesday games. The SBC and MAC are willing to do that. It’s not like CUSA was open like those other 2. Gotta work with what you got.

I believe the schools didn’t want to play Tuesday and Wednesday games. The SBC and MAC are willing to do that. It’s not like CUSA was open like those other 2. Gotta work with what you got.
The idiots of CUSA didn’t want to play Wednesday because it would hurt their attendance. So instead of 15k on Saturday only 12k would show up on a Wednesday night.

They sacrificed tv visuality on the most prominent sports channel to sell a few extra tickets. In the long run it’s hurting the conference image. We are pretty much non existent to ESPN. All the hs potential recruits see the other G5 programs on there but not us. It might have been one of the dumbest mistakes the league ever made.

Reactions: ShovelMan66
The idiots of CUSA didn’t want to play Wednesday because it would hurt their attendance. So instead of 15k on Saturday only 12k would show up on a Wednesday night.

They sacrificed tv visuality on the most prominent sports channel to sell a few extra tickets. In the long run it’s hurting the conference image. We are pretty much non existent to ESPN. All the hs potential recruits see the other G5 programs on there but not us. It might have been one of the dumbest mistakes the league ever made.

Solid reasoning, don’t disagree with most of that. However, the dumbest mistake they made was expanding to 14. Eliminate any of the 2 they brought in after the AAC exodus and I’m good with that.

"...In 2023, the last year schedules have been announced other than New Mexico State, UTEP is at home against UNLV and on the road at Arizona and New Mexico State.

"That's the way scheduling works now, teams are working on games in 2025, '26, '27, '28," Senter said. "That's a necessity now, that's where everyone in the industry is headed."

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/s...texas-longhorns-texas-tech-arizona/641860002/

Bottom line.....money.

"...In 2023, the last year schedules have been announced other than New Mexico State, UTEP is at home against UNLV and on the road at Arizona and New Mexico State.

"That's the way scheduling works now, teams are working on games in 2025, '26, '27, '28," Senter said. "That's a necessity now, that's where everyone in the industry is headed."

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/s...texas-longhorns-texas-tech-arizona/641860002/

Bottom line.....money.

That's true but it's also apparent that we will no longer have only 5 home games as we seemed to have under Stull's watch.

The MW will lose the Las Vegas bowl starting 2020. That bowl used to be the landing spot of their champion. Now they might send their champion to the Arizona Bowl which was created 3 years ago. Major step back for the conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT