ADVERTISEMENT

NMSU-UTEP official attendance

topminer

All Star
Sep 5, 2003
Listed as 30,119. Not horrible considering we are coming off a losing season, but not great for a so-called rivalry game.

SCMF was on the same night, it seemed to look better on tv as the game went on.
SCMF and 9k at the Chihuahua's game so 30k is ok considering. Hopefully over 40k for Army.

The crowd looked meager at the start but filled in well by 2nd qtr. That happens at a lot of college football games, I've noticed.

If the Miners keep the score respectable against ut, we should see a good crowd. I hope UTEP is promoting the game at Ft. Bliss. We need to get at least 40K.

Games should start @ 7:00 pm. By the time everyone in my party was ready and out from work, it was 10 to 6:00 we(14) got there at 17-3 in the second QTR.

SCMF and 9k at the Chihuahua's game so 30k is ok considering. Hopefully over 40k for Army.

The crowd looked meager at the start but filled in well by 2nd qtr. That happens at a lot of college football games, I've noticed.

Attendance for the Army game should be very good, as Ft. Bliss will most likely be well represented.

Ive been looking on ticketmaster to see what attendance might be at. Right now there are two huge sections completely not available. I wonder if UTEP is allocating those to soldiers? Aside from that, there are a TON of tickets available...Ill be there, so excited to be back in EP! Hoping for 40k!

Reactions: develman
I think that UTEP underestimates and doesn't fully comprehend how uncomfortable it is to sit on the east side of the stadium and have to face the September sun during these 6pm starts. I am a diehard fan and I don't like excuses for people not going to the games, but I will admit that it can be very unpleasant to sit on that side of the stadium until the sun falls behind the mountain/press box. For the fan experience of half the stadium, UTEP should really consider 7pm starts, especially for the first month of the season. I think the way that side of the stadium didn't start to fill-in until around the 2nd quarter last night proves a lot.

Plus, if we are going to continue to be the Hawaii of Conference USA and be the only school way out here in this time-zone, then let's just go ahead and make it an advantage, we should schedule our games for 7:30pm or 8pm, which will feel like 10pm start times and 1am ending times for these east coast conference teams that come out here to play us. I would much rather that, instead of these early starts that conform more to their schedule.

Last edited:
I work at Bliss in transportation and so far have been unable to confirm if any kind of transportation accommodations for the game have been made. Another thing, regarding the sun, Army game start is 5pm. Sunset on the 17th is 7:08pm. Finally, yes, there was a huge walk up crowd yesterday. A buddy and his wife waited until kick off. They ended up getting in just before halftime. And that was a long ass 1st half.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT