ADVERTISEMENT

No Game Thread?

I still don't know how good UTEP is, because NMSU keeps shooting themselves in the foot.

Also, should that have been an Aggie touchdown or was the incomplete pass the right call? He definitely had a foot down, but I didn't get a good look to see if he secured the ball.
His heel looked out, but can’t say 100% since the camera work is third rate

Hardison is pretty inaccurate. Our offense is sputtering. Still no middle throws and Awatt is the only guy that can get wide.
I thought that Hardison looked sharp in the 1st quarter. The 2nd quarter ... not so much

Hello….we had a TO to burn. Dumbass game time management.
The clock stops on a first down while they move the chains. The team should have been able to line up and snap the ball without using so much time. Was there no urgency? Hardison needs to yell at his teammates to get up to the damned line. He still has work to do to as leader.

(But yes, Dimel just watched the clock wind down, too.)

That was horrible clock management at the end of the half with one timeout in our pocket. Why run for it on 3rd and one if you're not calling the timeout? We got the first down with 17 seconds left on the clock, we should have called timeout and had two or three shots at the endzone instead of only one. Really stupid. So were the 5 or 6 15 yard penalties with auto first downs by the defense.

That was horrible clock management at the end of the half with one timeout in our pocket. Why run for it on 3rd and one if you're not calling the timeout? We got the first down with 17 seconds left on the clock, we should have called timeout and had two or three shots at the endzone instead of only one. Really stupid. So were the 5 or 6 15 yard penalties with auto first downs by the defense.
I'll say again, the players should have instinctively hustled up to the line to snap the ball after the first down. The clock stops on a first down while they move the chains.

That's on Dimel for not instilling that instinct, and that's on Hardison for not rallying his players.

This team is bipolar. We show killer instinct one drive by hustling to the line for a 4th down conversion. On another drive we settle for a fg when a td is right there for the taking.

Dimel doesn't have championship coaching in his blood.

If we can BLOW OUT these first 2 teams then I seriously doubt we do anything much all year.

I'll say again, the players should have instinctively hustled up to the line to snap the ball after the first down. The clock stops on a first down while they move the chains.

That's on Dimel for not instilling that instinct, and that's on Hardison for not rallying his players.
I don't disagree with you. But why not make sure and call the TO instead of saving it for nothing. It's not like we have Dan Marino or Peyton Manning type running the offense. Make the safe call IMO.

Reactions: NoNCAAWinsSince1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT