ADVERTISEMENT

No Inside Game

DaMinerMan

Rookie
Aug 15, 2014
Vince Hunter is not an NBA player at this time and I hope he gets the right advice to stick around and develop his game. Hooper Vint and Matt Willms are two of the weakest, non-rebounding, useless, 6-11 and 7-1 kids I have ever seen. They need to go. I would rather have a couple of 6-8 athletic kids who want to rebound, block shots, and aren't afraid to finish with a dunk. These two can't even make a layup or hold onto a rebound. They are at best a couple of Division II players. We need guards that can penetrate the lane and create. Our best teams were when we had a couple of 5-10 or 5-11 (Hardaway, Prince Stewart) types of guards that could take people off the dribble and dish off to our people down low or kick it out for an open three. We have lost our identity as a team. We are trying to be something we are not. We need to play defense and we need to run a consistent offense. Remember Wayne Soup Campbell, Quintin Gates, Luster Goodwin, Jeep Jackson, Fred Reynolds, David Van Dyke, and Antonio Davis. These were not huge guys, in fact all of these "bigs" were down right skinny but they played with heart and they hustled for every loose ball. You were not going to beat these guys up like we are getting it handed to us right now. In fact Murray State reminded me a lot of our successful teams of the 80's. A bunch of basketball players who were 6-8 and shorter. Floyd go back to the tapes of our successful teams of the past, which you were a part of. Get us some players that fit the mold of what UTEP was and needs to be again. You have the blue print stop over thinking it. Don't worry about stars. How many 4 star players does Murray State have? Probably not one....but they do have baskeball players......right now we don't.

We are soft inside. Really soft. I agree. We are much bigger than most teams we play yet we are usually out rebounded. Frustrating.

Can't finish on the offensive side too.
And yet,
THIS IS FLOYD'S FAULT???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT