ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Gets in because of their record and tradition, but Ohio State or Georgia would have showed up better.

DC for Clemson earns $2.2 million. Deep pockets, I'll tell you what!

DC for Clemson earns $2.2 million. Deep pockets, I'll tell you what!

Second to only Aranda of LSU.

He’d be 57th on the list of FBS head coaches. So he makes more than 60% of all head honchos.

Last edited:
Notre Dame should be banned from future playoff consideration until they join a conference.

Gets in because of their record and tradition, but Ohio State or Georgia would have showed up better.

Did Notre Dame lose to Purdue? Georgia didn’t deserve it. ND played like crap and Clemson is pretty damn good. Funny that you would have a problem with something like this, but will whine about refs when UTEP loses to better teams.

Reactions: John 100
The sad thing is: even if they go to 8, all they’re going to do is let 4 more big conference schools in. The smaller conference schools will still get the shaft just like the NCAA Tourney. They expand the tournament and they make every justification to put some crappy “big conference school” in because they lost to Duke by just 10 on the road.

As much as I hate to say it I would much rather get rid of the BCS and just go back to having a split national title. I know that isn’t perfect but Boise St deserved AT LEAST that when they beat Oklahoma years ago in the Fiesta Bowl. And maybe UCF Could have made a claim as well as opposed to being frozen out tear after year.

Reactions: Rocketsr
The sad thing is: even if they go to 8, all they’re going to do is let 4 more big conference schools in. The smaller conference schools will still get the shaft just like the NCAA Tourney. They expand the tournament and they make every justification to put some crappy “big conference school” in because they lost to Duke by just 10 on the road.

An 8 team playoff would give the top g5 school a bid.

Did Notre Dame lose to Purdue? Georgia didn’t deserve it. ND played like crap and Clemson is pretty damn good. Funny that you would have a problem with something like this, but will whine about refs when UTEP loses to better teams.

Yes, because I’m not an NMSU fan like you.

An 8 team playoff would give the top g5 school a bid.

The NCAA stacks the deck against G5 schools. They would probably make them the 8 seed every year regardless of record. Just so they have the impossible task of going against the 1 seed out of the gate. Probably make it a road game too as a opposed to a neutral site game.

No they didn't! The team that lost to Purdue or the team that lost to LSU and Bama, and didn't win their conference or the team who won the AAC versus Memphis, UConn, and SMU deserves to be in!!!!!!

See honey gets it!!!

Probably best that UCF didn't make the playoff with their back up vs Alabama. They get blown out and the next time a team should get in, all of the talking heads would say 'remember UCF.' A G5 school will eventually get a shot but it's going to have to a team that gets in healthy with a shot.

LSU is no slouch. They did beat the dog shit out of arguably the second best team in the country...the only team that has had Bama on the ropes this year.

Probably best that UCF didn't make the playoff with their back up vs Alabama. They get blown out and the next time a team should get in, all of the talking heads would say 'remember UCF.' A G5 school will eventually get a shot but it's going to have to a team that gets in healthy with a shot.

UCF’s non-conference schedule didn’t help them out. South Carolina St, FAU, UNC (cancelled) and Pitt. If a G5 wants to be in a 4 team playoff, they can’t play a FCS and CUSA team non-conference.

Next year they play Florida A&M, FAU, Stanford and Pitt. They would need Stanford and Pitt to each go 12-1 and have multiple Top 25 teams in the AAC to have a prayer.

Interesting.

Only problem are not the coaches. It's the gawd damn Glazer family. Don't get me wrong, they do a ton for their community, a ton. I can testify they have good fan out reach. But unlike Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, or Baltimore, I question the Glazer management commitment putting a good product on the field that has one goal year in and year out......make the playoffs. Like those teams, if not, your on the hot seat. Koetter is a damn good coach at any level but Glazers elect to trade key personnel instead of giving them more or never really make major moves to move up the draft board for that player that can take them to New England or even New Orleans level. Winston is a good qb but he will never be Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers good. That there in lies the problem; they are settled on Winston. If Kelly does go to Tampa, which would be a good financial and personal move for him and family, the Glazer clan will not give him the reigns entirely. He will be stuck with Winston for at least two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT