ADVERTISEMENT

Ok part 2

PURPLEFIRE

MI Hall of Famer
Oct 5, 2003
ok we know we will not have a good bball team this year...and we have lost a lot of players who could make this a totally different thing blah blah blah..... so looking toward next year and our commits is there any hope?

I have not done any digging about next years recruits.... so honestly any hope?? I have noticed Floyd has stopped reaching for the stars sooo to speak with this next class as there aren't any 4 stars or higher

I wonder who is gone after the season since Floyd is bringing in a lot of players. The constant roster turnover is a major part of the overall problem here at UTEP and unfortunately I don't think it will be adressed.

Reactions: UTEP05
Simple answer: no

Will we be better next year? Probably a little, but then again we can't get much worse.

Next year's class may have a couple bright spots, but nothing that's going to turn this program around.

We are 2 to 3 years away from having a respectable team again, assuming everything goes right.

Simple answer: no

Will we be better next year? Probably a little, but then again we can't get much worse.

Next year's class may have a couple bright spots, but nothing that's going to turn this program around.

We are 2 to 3 years away from having a respectable team again, assuming everything goes right.

I agree with you USAFminerfan. If the staff stands pat with the current class, and all the new guys show up, I would project only a minor improvement next year. Like you said, it can't get much worse. I would think the Roderick Williams and one of other the wing players brought in would be better than what we currently have on the roster.

In order to even try to turn the program around quickly, several quality JC players would need to be signed late. I doubt Floyd's ego would allow him to sign ten new players this year, after spinning the Barbee recruiting strategy as an excuse for the past seven years. Even signing six to seven new guys this year is a clear indication of how poorly the staff has recruited previously. On this year's team I see MAYBE 3-4 guys that I would consider holding over to next year; and perhaps one or two guys who could possibly contribute on a decent team. That is a sad, sad reflection of a once proud program. The really sad part is that I don't think there is any real desire on the part of the staff or the administration to turn this around quickly. This is a deep hole to crawl out of, and it doesn't appear there is any true sense of urgency by ANYONE at UTEP to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: USAFminersfan
I've been on the stay with Floyd - get rid of Floyd merry-go-round for way too long. Last night just about wrapped things up for me. Miner basketball has been like a body part to me since Haskins first season. I've travelled thousands of miles over the years to see Miner games. I've celebrated and wept, and always looked forward to the next game. I now absolutely dread the next game; fearing the eminent embarrassing outcome. Last night without a fight I agreed to accompany my wife and go to a Christmas concert in spite of the Miner- Aggie game being on Miner TV. Never imagined in my wildest dreams that in my lifetime such a thing could ever happen. Got home and tuned into the game and didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the score.
Has Natalicio ever made a public statement about the basketball state of affairs? Does she ever attend a game and witness the sorry outcomes? Does she even know or care? Is there any hope that some day in my remaining years (not many left) that there might be a remote resemblance to a team we can be proud to watch?

I've been on the stay with Floyd - get rid of Floyd merry-go-round for way too long. Last night just about wrapped things up for me. Miner basketball has been like a body part to me since Haskins first season. I've travelled thousands of miles over the years to see Miner games. I've celebrated and wept, and always looked forward to the next game. I now absolutely dread the next game; fearing the eminent embarrassing outcome. Last night without a fight I agreed to accompany my wife and go to a Christmas concert in spite of the Miner- Aggie game being on Miner TV. Never imagined in my wildest dreams that in my lifetime such a thing could ever happen. Got home and tuned into the game and didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw the score.
Has Natalicio ever made a public statement about the basketball state of affairs? Does she ever attend a game and witness the sorry outcomes? Does she even know or care? Is there any hope that some day in my remaining years (not many left) that there might be a remote resemblance to a team we can be proud to watch?

It's still a body part -- the asshole.

It's still a body part -- the asshole.

Guess it's time to...WIPE the slate clean?

Dr_Evil.jpg

Reactions: unihorn
I have attended most every Miner home basketball game since 1983. For the first time ever, contemplating not renewing my tickets. The team isn't coached well in my opinion. How many times did we have a player pick up the ball in a corner?? How many times even though playing triangle and two, did we not have a player sprint to the open man? How many times did we not have all five players rush back on defense?? (Ok, give Wilms a break on this one as I know he hasn't practiced a lot lately. ) When opposing teams are shooting over 50% from the field and 45% from threes, that is not hustling to cover someone. But still just about every part of the game, someone was just not hustling. That is coaching. Billy G's early teams had about the same talent, maybe less and we competed and stayed in games...

Reactions: UTEP05 and unihorn
ok we know we will not have a good bball team this year...and we have lost a lot of players who could make this a totally different thing blah blah blah..... so looking toward next year and our commits is there any hope?

I have not done any digging about next years recruits.... so honestly any hope?? I have noticed Floyd has stopped reaching for the stars sooo to speak with this next class as there aren't any 4 stars or higher

To answer your question, there is NO hope for next year and the year after that, and the year after that as long as Tim Floyd is the coach.

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT