ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

True, but no US fan should be happy with 3 points or even 5 after these 3 games. El Salvador, Canada, and Honduras don’t qualify on a regular basis to the World Cup. They still have to play 4 games versus Costa Rica and Mexico.
Not if USMNT is going to make a semifinals run in 22 and win the whole enchilada in 26 like the Twitter fanbase claims.

In a realistic world it's not a must win game at Honduras.

Not if USMNT is going to make a semifinals run in 22 and win the whole enchilada in 26 like the Twitter fanbase claims.

In a realistic world it's not a must win game at Honduras.
Eventually a fan base has to have greater expectations. If you accept mediocrity, you end up like UTEP.

I'm not implying they're not capable of such runs. IMHO the fans should see results first before getting so far ahead of themselves. As we're seeing it's not that easy. When you're struggling to qualify to the WC or beat El Salvador winning the WC should be the last thought.

Mexico has had a realistic goal since 86. Reach el quinto partido. They still haven't been able to accomplish that.

What's worse mediocrity or delusional?
That was funny.

I agree, it’s not a MUST win in the sense that it’s all over if we don’t. With 11 games remaining after Honduras, there will be plenty of soccer to be played. However, the bigger the hole we have to dig ourselves out of come the final couple windows of qualification, the more likely it becomes that we miss qualifying again.

Again, it is early, however I’m most unimpressed with the fact that we look content to accept draws. There is nothing that has been inspiring about play these last two games. More than anything Honduras is a must win even if just to build off of something. For a team that failed to qualify for the last WC, we sure look to just be going through the motions, imo.

Reactions: JCorona
I haven't seen their two games since I was watching El Tri. I can't deny I take a little bit of joy in those results.

USMNT has the talent and potential to be a true contender. I don't think the manager has the right system in place. I'm seeing his protege struggle at Austin with the same system.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
What's worse mediocrity or delusional?
Both about the same. I am not a delusional fan and expect or believe the US will ever be a World Cup semi finalist or regularly top a group. It wouldn’t be unheard of though.

The best athletes play football and basketball here. Hockey and baseball dilute the potential soccer talent pool further. Until this changes, the US is at a “disadvantage”.

Reactions: axingfools1
Brooks is a mere shadow of his former self. His marking has been terrible the past two games. He used to be old reliable as a center back.

Reactions: Randaddy Miner
Too many USA fans have been counting their chickens before they hatched. Forget about a WC run, these guys are in danger of taking 2 points in 3 games vs the weaker teams in Concacaf.
If this results holds will Greg be sacked?

I think the Mexico wins probably give him until the next set of games.
I’m not sure wtf is going on but the US has looked totally disjointed this window. Berhalter’s lineups have been perplexing. Not only that, he left a few players off the roster who had good showings this summer.

If something doesn’t change in a hurry for this team, they’ll be watching the WC from their recliners again. I’m not even sure what changes need to be made. I do know chemistry is just terrible, though.

Reactions: kickballpro
I don’t know if you can wait that long. They kept giving Klinsman chance after chance and by the time they sacked him it was too late. My question is who could they bring in to replace Berhalter?
Doesn’t matter. That’s the same question every mediocre college fan asks themselves when it’s not going well for a coach. Maybe the next hire will be the same, better, or worse.

U.S. getting theirs asses kicked. Stalling on all counters and giving the ball away way to quick. The overall lack of aggression and finishing are badly killing our chances. Add that to poor connection, bad ball control,, bad marking by our interior defense, disjointed non-congruent lineups, bad decision making by players and now lack of confidence.

Despite losing only 5 games since being hired, Berhalter will be in hot water if we lose this game.

ADVERTISEMENT