ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

I think Musah has a very good connection with Weah. I would leave him there on the right. I think the other 3 spots are between McKinnie, Adams and Reyna. Dest and Yedlin compete for right backcso not sure where Scally fits in.

Reactions: picks up
Funny-Nah-Memes-Ehhhhh-Naah.jpg

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
I'm starting to think USMNT has a legitimate chance to reach the final four or final in the 26 WC.
If we can get into the 3rd round of knockout stage I think that would be pretty awesome. A final 4 appearance would be crazy. Too many good teams in the top 10, but you never know.

I dont really like the 16 groups playing 3 games (with 2 advancing). I prefer groups of 4, but I guess the numbers don't work out.

Once you get to the knock out rounds anything can happen. It all depends on match-ups. Look at how lucky Croatia (18) got. They didn't have to play a top 10 team until the final.

Denmark (19)
Russia (65)
England (12)
France (7)

Nice “assist” Antonee Robinson. Terrible defense. Don’t know how that Jamaican missed the goal from inside 4 feet.

Robinson has had a horrible game. Pepi has disappeared. #16 on Jamaica is pretty dirty.

It's hard watching 2 games at once. Thankfully UTEP'S opponent is D2 and UTEP is handling business so I'm better able to focus on the soccer game.

Mexico Losing to Canada isn't a surprise since it looks like its 50 below, but the Pushing and shoving by the Mexican Team after the match is a bad look. Be humble in defeat

Reactions: JCorona
Mexico Losing to Canada isn't a surprise since it looks like its 50 below, but the Pushing and shoving by the Mexican Team after the match is a bad look. Be humble in defeat
True. The Mexico/Canada games have gotten heated recently. A lot of shoving and pushing the last few years.

Mexico, the Kings of Youth tournaments.
They have this Kid Marcelo Flores who already plays with Arsenal Under 20 team, his father is Mexican and his mother is Canadian. If not call to the National Team soon, he might chose to play for Canada or even England, even though he stated he wants to play for Mexico and already is with the youth squad. As for the National Team recent loses there are no excuses, poor coaching from Tata Martino as well as poor playing from some players like Ochoa yesterday. But there is more to it, the main problem with Mexican Soccer resides on the Mexican Federation itself, way to many foreign players on the teams which equals less Mexicans developing and having the opportunity to play on the top league, then you have Televisa which owns America calling most of the shots in LMX, always telling the National Coach which players he should call (Memo Ochoa), then Telerisa overrates the players and when a European Team is interested in buying a Mexican Player the LMX owners want top dollar for him, and that's why Mexico doesn't export that much players. They will instead buy a player from South America at a much cheaper price. That is why countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay export hundreds of players and Mexico just a few. Just look at what Santiago Muñoz had to go through to be able to sign with New Castle.

They have this Kid Marcelo Flores who already plays with Arsenal Under 20 team, his father is Mexican and his mother is Canadian. If not call to the National Team soon, he might chose to play for Canada or even England, even though he stated he wants to play for Mexico and already is with the youth squad. As for the National Team recent loses there are no excuses, poor coaching from Tata Martino as well as poor playing from some players like Ochoa yesterday. But there is more to it, the main problem with Mexican Soccer resides on the Mexican Federation itself, way to many foreign players on the teams which equals less Mexicans developing and having the opportunity to play on the top league, then you have Televisa which owns America calling most of the shots in LMX, always telling the National Coach which players he should call (Memo Ochoa), then Telerisa overrates the players and when a European Team is interested in buying a Mexican Player the LMX owners want top dollar for him, and that's why Mexico doesn't export that much players. They will instead buy a player from South America at a much cheaper price. That is why countries like Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Paraguay export hundreds of players and Mexico just a few. Just look at what Santiago Muñoz had to go through to be able to sign with New Castle.
Unfortunately that's why Pepi picked USMNT. Mexico doesn't like playing young kids until they prove themselves first. Someone like Pepi wouldn't start for Mexico even though he's as good as any striker on the roster. Mexico needs to let the young kids play.

Unfortunately that's why Pepi picked USMNT. Mexico doesn't like playing young kids until they prove themselves first. Someone like Pepi wouldn't start for Mexico even though he's as good as any striker on the roster. Mexico needs to let the young kids play.
Exactly, and the reality is that FMF really doesn't care about sport development or reaching the WC quarter finals or semi finals All they care is about is the $$$ money and they know that by just qualifying to the WC will do the business for them. Just look how most of the friendly matches are played in the US instead of playing in Europe. In the US they can guaranty revenue because the stadium will be packed with Mexicans, but that doesn't benefit the quality and development of the players.

Last edited:
David Ochoa and Efrain Alvarez picked Mexico

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT