ADVERTISEMENT

OT : ALL THINGS SOCCER (-) WC and EURO CUP 😜

Upper class fandom my a$$. Before I moved from Cinci back to Dallas a few friends of mine were looking at purchasing a block of tickets for $500 and split the cost 4 ways. If ppl can afford it and fly out with the hotel good for them. We should know most of not all of it will be on a CC at this point.

of course she thinks Mexicans would be turned away when they ALWAYS show up heavy to these derby’s 🤣😂

Upper class fandom my a$$. Before I moved from Cinci back to Dallas a few friends of mine were looking at purchasing a block of tickets for $500 and split the cost 4 ways. If ppl can afford it and fly out with the hotel good for them. We should know most of not all of it will be on a CC at this point.

of course she thinks Mexicans would be turned away when they ALWAYS show up heavy to these derby’s 🤣😂

I actually think this is, maybe, the best first half USMNT has played during this WCQ. It's actually fun to watch, they've shown some creativity, and both teams have had chances.
I actually think this is, maybe, the best first half USMNT has played during this WCQ. It's actually fun to watch, they've shown some creativity, and both teams have had chances.
I thought we looked terrible defensively. Not sure where Antonee Robinson’s head is tonight. Mexico should be up 2-0. I must’ve missed it. What quality chance(s) did we have?

I thought we looked terrible defensively. Not sure where Antonee Robinson’s head is tonight. Mexico should be up 2-0. I must’ve missed it. What quality chance(s) did we have?
There were two shots on goal from each team. Yes, I agree that Mexico's chances were better. There was quite a bit of action near Mexico's goal and they played some good defense to deny further chances. I agree that the USMNT defense has been suspicious at times which gave up some chances.

The USMNT is leading the time of possession. Given how passive and slowly they have typically played in the first half, I think that's a good sign.

I'm not saying they're outplaying Mexico. I just think this has been their best FIRST half in this WCQ.

There were two shots on goal from each team. Yes, I agree that Mexico's chances were better. There was quite a bit of action near Mexico's goal and they played some good defense to deny further chances. I agree that the USMNT defense has been suspicious at times which gave up some chances.

The USMNT is leading the time of possession. Given how passive and slowly they have typically played in the first half, I think that's a good sign.

I'm not saying they're outplaying Mexico. I just think this has been their best FIRST half in this WCQ.
Fair enough.

Is the L for losers in L Tree?
f7vz0jrf804z.jpg

What was with that player from Mexico trying to gouge that player's eye out?

That definitely should have been a red card.

What was with that player from Mexico trying to gouge that player's eye out?

That definitely should have been a red card.
Yeah. You can’t do that to someone’s face. It’s absolutely ridiculous VAR is not in place during qualifying. Even worse that the ref is standing right in front of them when it happens.

The reason because VAR is not been implemented in Concacaf WC Qualifying is because the Central American and Caribean countries don't have the means or infrastructure for VAR. But yesterday during the game I heard the commentators says Concacaf will do an effort to step up and help those countries setup the VAR system. As for the game the loss hurts but it was well deserved, the US played to win and Mexico didn't. I also think Tata Martino doesn't know what he's doing, he made the substitutions to late in the game when they should have been done at least 15 minutes earlier.

Nice lineup with Pulisic, Pepi, Weah, Musah and McKennie. Like Robinson coming up too. The attacking was pretty good all night.
Yeah, I give Berhalter credit for his starting 11 and subs. Solid lineup(s), I thought.

I thought we looked pretty good in the 2nd half.

As much as I rag on him, it could be worse. Berhalter is something like 30-7-5. Not a bad winning percentage…71%

Compared to Klinsman’s winning percentage of 56%.
He’s 3-0 versus Mexico. If you accept draws versus Canada and a couple of bad halves, you can probably overlook it since he beat Mexico 3 times in one year. I want to see the US win in Azteca in a few months.

I think we put too much weight on who plays and who doesn’t.

He’s 3-0 versus Mexico. If you accept draws versus Canada and a couple of bad halves, you can probably overlook it since he beat Mexico 3 times in one year. I want to see the US win in Azteca in a few months.

I think we put too much weight on who plays and who doesn’t.
Agree with most of what you said. Disagree about the weight placed on who plays and who doesn’t. Go back to the game where Berhalter made 7 on field subs from one game to the next. It is with regularity that we lack a cohesive unit, however the squad that day was as bad as I’ve seen the US.

I feel that’s the one knock on Berhalter, is who he plays at times.

I think last night was very close to our WC lineup (after Pulisic subbed for Aaronson). I hope to see that attacking lineup going forward.

Still need to see less pussy footing in the box though and that missed shot by McKinnie straight on with 3/4 of the net open was horrible. Those MUST be put away!

I think last night was very close to our WC lineup (after Pulisic subbed for Aaronson). I hope to see that attacking lineup going forward.

Still need to see less pussy footing in the box though and that missed shot by McKinnie straight on with 3/4 of the net open was horrible. Those MUST be put away!
What about Reyna?

Reactions: axingfools1
What about Reyna?
I think he's been injured. Has he even played in a qualifier?

Weah and Musah on the right side are a really good combo. I think Pulisic and Pepi are locks up front right now. McKinnie and Adams are playing a bunch in the midfield.

Reyna definitely has a good future, but I think he comes off the bench in this World cup (unless McKinnie's temperament causes problems)

For you futbol experts, regarding the USMNT. Is there any way (of course everyone being healthy) that Scally, Dest, Reyna, Pepi, Pulsic, and Weah can be on the "pitch" at the same time? Or do some of them overlap a position on the field?

Last edited:
For you futbol experts, regarding the USMNT. Is there any way (of course everyone being healthy) that Scally, Dest, Reyna, Pepi, Pulsic, and Weah can be on the "pitch" at the same time? Or do some of them overlap a position on the field?
Some overlap but some can also play multiple positions. So my answer is yes

Reactions: develman
We had Weah, Pulsic and Pepi in at the same time of the first goal. Dest and Scally play outside backs but play opposite sides, so yeah they could

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT