ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

HEY JACKASS @Rocketsr! The Cowboys just went for it on 4th and 6 instead of kicking the field goal, and guess what! They didn't get it! Just like they wouldn't have gotten it against the Patriots!

I wish they would have kicked the field goal right now. Garrett must have been listening to idiot fans like you all week.
Wow, that sure made a huge difference in the game. Boy, that field goal would have won it for us for sure. I think you should coach them. It is weak fans like you that have enjoyed mediocrity and that is why Dallas is 6-6. And that is also why the Miners football team has won 2 games in 3 years.
Yet, they went for it from their own 15 yd line and I bet you were crying that they were stupid and to play it safe. It is fans like you that have been happy with safe play and mediocre seasons that have put the Cowboys in the position that they are. You are happy with a coach with no cajones because you probably look in the mirror everyday and see the same thing.
I would rather see the team fail trying to win a game, then continue to play it safe by kicking field goals and falling short.

1514755550637.png
Officials gave the Cowboys all the help they needed.
Even sweeter though.

Officials gave the Cowboys all the help they needed.
Come on Kickballpro, if the Cowboys had kicked that field goal they would have held them to zero and scored 2 touchdowns. It would have changed the game completely. I mean it made all the difference in the game.

Wow, that sure made a huge difference in the game. Boy, that field goal would have won it for us for sure. I think you should coach them. It is weak fans like you that have enjoyed mediocrity and that is why Dallas is 6-6. And that is also why the Miners football team has won 2 games in 3 years.
Yet, they went for it from their own 15 yd line and I bet you were crying that they were stupid and to play it safe. It is fans like you that have been happy with safe play and mediocre seasons that have put the Cowboys in the position that they are. You are happy with a coach with no cajones because you probably look in the mirror everyday and see the same thing.
Two field goals. We did it twice this game. An extra 6 points and we're only down by one score. Then if the Cowboys could stop the Bills on that final drive, they would have had the ball down one score with a chance!

FGs add up! But it's too bad that Garrett channeled his inner Rocketsr and did the stupid things!

Why do you keep trying to put words into my mouth, things that I have never said?

Come on Kickballpro, if the Cowboys had kicked that field goal they would have held them to zero and scored 2 touchdowns. It would have changed the game completely. I mean it made all the difference in the game.

Two field goals. We did it twice this game. An extra 6 points and we're only down by one score. Then if the Cowboys could stop the Bills on that final drive, they would have had the ball down one score with a chance!

FGs add up! But it's too bad that Garrett channeled his inner Rocketsr and did the stupid things!

Why do you keep trying to put words into my mouth, things that I have never said?
Your posts are always based on If's. If this, if that, but it never happens. Again maybe your If's that never materialize are the reason that Cowboys are 6-6, not because they actually play balls out and play to win not to lose. Playing it safe has won zero games for them but it is ok with you if they play it safe but lose, as long as they played it safe. I hope you like playing it safe and watching the playoffs like the Cowboys, from home.

Your posts are always based on If's. If this, if that, but it never happens. Again maybe your If's that never materialize are the reason that Cowboys are 6-6, not because they actually play balls out and play to win not to lose. Playing it safe has won zero games for them but it is ok with you if they play it safe but lose, as long as they played it safe. I hope you like playing it safe and watching the playoffs like the Cowboys, from home.
This whole conversation is because of one big IF that you're proposing: IF the Cowboys had gone for it on 4th down against the Patriots. Don't try to pontificate at me when your whole premise is based on an IF.

I gave my opinion that kicking the field goal was the right thing to do because the Cowboys got the ball back with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning with a chance to win in regulation against the Patriots. The drive was ended by a BS penalty, but the coaching put them in a position where they had a chance to win.

In my opinion, the odds of picking up that 4th down against the Patriots was low, and I think the two failed conversions that we saw today are further evidence of that. But I acknowledged that it's a defensible opinion, since the Patriots had to drive the length of the field into the wind.

But you don't respect that we have a genuine difference of opinion, instead stating, without any evidence, that my preference for kicking the field goal must mean that I'm happy with years of mediocrity and unconditional support for Garrett.

This whole conversation is because of one big IF that you're proposing: IF the Cowboys had gone for it on 4th down against the Patriots. Don't try to pontificate at me when your whole premise is based on an IF.

I gave my opinion that kicking the field goal was the right thing to do because the Cowboys got the ball back with 3 timeouts and the 2 minute warning with a chance to win in regulation against the Patriots. The drive was ended by a BS penalty, but the coaching put them in a position where they had a chance to win.

In my opinion, the odds of picking up that 4th down against the Patriots was low, and I think the two failed conversions that we saw today are further evidence of that. But I acknowledged that it's a defensible opinion, since the Patriots had to drive the length of the field into the wind.

But you don't respect that we have a genuine difference of opinion, instead stating, without any evidence, that my preference for kicking the field goal must mean that I'm happy with years of mediocrity and unconditional support for Garrett.
You just said it all: IN YOUR OPINION. My statements are rooted in factual evidence, not conjecture like yours.
Stats Inc ( do you know who that is, and what they do, or are you going to just continue to ignore the evidence presented to you), clearly states that going for it on fourth down gave the Cowboys a higher percentage chance to win, then kicking the field goal. I guess you want to continue to ignore it and not go to ESPN where it is clearly stated. Obviously they have taken evidence over and over to come up with their numbers, but yet I am sure your opinion has so much more value than actual evidence. Why don't you do some research and disprove their numbers as your opinion means nothing without it.
And obviously you have been fine with Garret's coaching as you just said his fine coaching put Dallas in a position to win the game (again your opinion), yet somehow, his fine coaching hasn't won too many of them.

You just said it all: IN YOUR OPINION. My statements are rooted in factual evidence, not conjecture like yours.
Stats Inc ( do you know who that is, and what they do, or are you going to just continue to ignore the evidence presented to you), clearly states that going for it on fourth down gave the Cowboys a higher percentage chance to win, then kicking the field goal. I guess you want to continue to ignore it and not go to ESPN where it is clearly stated. Obviously they have taken evidence over and over to come up with their numbers, but yet I am sure your opinion has so much more value than actual evidence. Why don't you do some research and disprove their numbers as your opinion means nothing without it.
And obviously you have been fine with Garret's coaching as you just said his fine coaching put Dallas in a position to win the game (again your opinion), yet somehow, his fine coaching hasn't won too many of them.
Nonsense. Everything you've said is based on conjecture. Even the stats are fancy conjecture; they don't predict what will actually happen. But what did happen is that the Cowboys got the ball back with three timeouts and the two minute warning with a chance to win in regulation, and once the Cowboys got the ball back, their chance to win the game had jumped to 23.2%, up from your precious 18.8%.

I also found on ESPN that the NFL has told Dallas that neither of those tripping calls should have been called, so we know the drive-killing penalty was BS. It's official.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28164329/source-cowboys-told-tripping-penalties-called

Get off your high horse. Stop pretending that your opinion is anything other than your opinion, and show some respect to people who don't always agree with you.

[QUOTE="Rocketsr, post: 130827, member: 50"And obviously you have been fine with Garret's coaching as you just said his fine coaching put Dallas in a position to win the game (again your opinion), yet somehow, his fine coaching hasn't won too many of them.[/QUOTE]
I'm fine with Garrett's call to kick that field goal in the Patriots game. It's not my opinion that the Cowboys had the ball with three timeouts with a chance to drive for a touchdown that would give them the lead in regulation. THAT's a statement of fact.

You cannot extrapolate my opinion of that game to the entire season or to the "years" of mediocrity. My opinion of that game is just my opinion of that game. If you try to do more than that, you're being intellectually dishonest.

Let me add that I was at a game last season where, at one point of the game, one team had a 98.7% chance to lose.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401013340

That team won.

The stats are a tool, but not gospel. And I'll bet you I understand them better than you do.
It has been fun feral, but if I don't stop now with you will continue with your dribble for 10 more pages, especially your mastery of stats claim. I am sure you make your living using them. So who can argue with that.
I will just congratulate you on another successful Cowboys season, but hey you can go to sleep knowing they played it safe. After all it has gotten them so far the last 25 years, who can argue with that. Heck Jimmy Johnson should have taken your philosophy to heart because he never played it safe but what did he know. Heck if he knew you wouldn't be able to sleep at night because he played to win, he might have reigned it in for you.
And thanks for the shout out when the Cowboys went for the first down, instead of playing it safe, I didn't know that I affected your life so much that you had to jump on the message board immediately after he did it and cry my name out, I am flattered that you think I affected the game by altering garrets decision as you thought he was listening to me.

??????????
Discombobulated in all phases of the game and Garrett the the parrot just stands there expressionless.

Last edited:
Reasons to keep Garrett:

A) Hand clapping promotes good vibes and blood circulation.
B) Little Timmy is not learning how to mouth a foul four letter word from this NFL coach on live TV. Mike Ditka taught Gen X'ers well.
C) As Cecil Turtle told Bugs Bunny how he won the race "Clean living. Yup, clean living". How can anyone be mad with that wholesome Princeton face?
D) "Loose lips sink ship". Coach Garrett probably knows if Jones wears boxers or briefs but you're not finding out from him.
E) He doesn't want to do shoe commercials with Romo. If he now has time, he can't blow him off.
F) Jones would be buddies with two men who had power but are now irrelevant: Chris Christie and Garrett. Jones family are saying to him "One is enough dad! Gov. Christie keeps calling for passes".
G) Jones is from Arkansas. Garrett is from Princeton. Jones doesn't know WTF he is doing, but acts like he does. Ivy league boys like the pain.
H) Garret always, always, always tell the boss "Hello!" when the boss steps to the bar.**

**Rumors from the 90's is that Jones fired his football Arkansas chum Jimmy because he didn't acknowledge him at some club.

Reasons to keep Garrett:

A) Hand clapping promotes good vibes and blood circulation.
B) Little Timmy is not learning how to mouth a foul four letter word from this NFL coach on live TV. Mike Ditka taught Gen X'ers well.
C) As Cecil Turtle told Bugs Bunny how he won the race "Clean living. Yup, clean living". How can anyone be mad with that wholesome Princeton face?
D) "Loose lips sink ship". Coach Garrett probably knows if Jones wears boxers or briefs but you're not finding out from him.
E) He doesn't want to do shoe commercials with Romo. If he now has time, he can't blow him off.
F) Jones would be buddies with two men who had power but are now irrelevant: Chris Christie and Garrett. Jones family are saying to him "One is enough dad! Gov. Christie keeps calling for passes".
G) Jones is from Arkansas. Garrett is from Princeton. Jones doesn't know WTF he is doing, but acts like he does. Ivy league boys like the pain.
H) Garret always, always, always tell the boss "Hello!" when the boss steps to the bar.

TLDR

Reactions: FarWestTexas
I'm so glad I didn't go to this game. I decided ahead of time that if the Cowboys won on Thanksgiving, I would go to this game, but otherwise, not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT