ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

Cowboys never should have signed Elliot. They will sign Dak despite it taking up 25% of their salary cap. It will probably cost us one of our young linebackers though. Defense is what we need to win. The offense will be fine. Cooper is good young player too

Cooper's contract is 5 years at 100 million dollars. Do you think that his numbers justify that? That is a huge chunk of the salary cap as well. He seems to disappear in games.
Elliot is another one of those huge cap hits. Add Dak in and that is basically it. Oh, and I forgot Lawrence, as he has disappeared as well to the tune of 21 million a year.

Offense still needs some lineman, as they are injury prone. Signing Dak will not allow us to improve the line or defense. We will be average overall, which is exactly what we have been since 96. We can just put the team on a loop as it will just keep repeating over and over.

It seems like the score was just 20-16. Then the Cowboys tried a fake punt at their own 20. I blinked and Washington scored 3 TDs.

Reactions: utep2step
The Cowboys had a rough week, but the coach still made some terrible game-time calls that turned a close game into an easy rout by Washington. If the Cowboys had not shot themselves in the foot and lost a close game, but gave themselves a chance, I would be more forgiving. But this game had some of the stupidest calls I've ever seen; it makes Garrett look like a genius.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The Cowboys had a rough week, but the coach still made some terrible game-time calls that turned a close game into an easy rout by Washington. If the Cowboys had not shot themselves in the foot and lost a close game, but gave themselves a chance, I would be more forgiving. But this game had some of the stupidest calls I've ever seen; it makes Garrett look like a genius.
And that’s hard to do!

Reactions: MineroFanatico
The blame does not go on McCarthy by himself. The players played like crap and without any semblance of heart. Elliot can't run unless we have everyone healthy on the offensive line, so he is waste of 13 million and 16 million next year to the cap, because we have no money to fix the line, and you can't tell me that these guys are ever going to be the same. Yet, we will have no money to fix it thanks to Jerry Jones.

The defense gave up 41 points and you cannot attribute all of that to McCarthy. Jaylon Smith makes 13 million a year, and Lawrence 21, where are they? This is the worst defense in Cowboy history.

Now add in an idiot coach, a horrible offensive coordinator that is only good at making 2nd and short into 3rd and long and you have a recipe for disaster. Over and over Kellen Moore has to get cute in his play calling and ruin good drives. He needs to be gone next year.

And lets not mention our Defensive Coordinator, because he is another liability.

But of course the biggest one of them all is Jerry Jones that has made the Cowboys into his own fantasy football team and destroyed the franchise for the next 6 years, with his stupid signings, and wasted cap use. All he needs is the capper and sign Dak to a minimum of 37 million next year and put the nail in the coffin.

The blame does not go on McCarthy by himself. The players played like crap and without any semblance of heart. Elliot can't run unless we have everyone healthy on the offensive line, so he is waste of 13 million and 16 million next year to the cap, because we have no money to fix the line, and you can't tell me that these guys are ever going to be the same. Yet, we will have no money to fix it thanks to Jerry Jones.

The defense gave up 41 points and you cannot attribute all of that to McCarthy. Jaylon Smith makes 13 million a year, and Lawrence 21, where are they? This is the worst defense in Cowboy history.

Now add in an idiot coach, a horrible offensive coordinator that is only good at making 2nd and short into 3rd and long and you have a recipe for disaster. Over and over Kellen Moore has to get cute in his play calling and ruin good drives. He needs to be gone next year.

And lets not mention our Defensive Coordinator, because he is another liability.

But of course the biggest one of them all is Jerry Jones that has made the Cowboys into his own fantasy football team and destroyed the franchise for the next 6 years, with his stupid signings, and wasted cap use. All he needs is the capper and sign Dak to a minimum of 37 million next year and put the nail in the coffin.
You forgot to add that we drafted Taco Charlton ahead of TJ Watt.

If the boys win next week and everyone else in the East losses as expected, that would leave them 1 game back with 2 to play.

Seriously? Are you that easily fooled? Jerry, Dimel and Terry love guys like you. Next year...., except next year never comes.

Do you really think that Cincinnati wanted to win with their back up QB? They just solidified the 3rd pick in the draft, while we have pissed away that pick. They already have their QB, so they will get a solid pick.
Cowboys on the other hand need 10 picks in the first round to fix their issues, and since I highly doubt that Jerry realizes that the time to rebuild is now, we will most waste whatever pick we make anyway.

Last edited:
Seriously? Are you that easily fooled? Jerry, Dimel and Terry love guys like you. Next year...., except next year never comes.

Do you really think that Cincinnati wanted to win with their back up QB? They just solidified the 3rd pick in the draft, while we have pissed away that pick. They already have their QB, so they will get a solid pick.
Cowboys on the other hand need 10 picks in the first round to fix their issues, and since I highly doubt that Jerry realizes that the time to rebuild is now, we will most waste whatever pick we make anyway.
I’m not sure if I’ll be around next year. Would like for them to win as much as possible this year. Surprise me.

I’m not sure if I’ll be around next year. Would like for them to win as much as possible this year. Surprise me.
You will be around suffering right next to the rest of us. The only thing we all have going for us is the off season( Miners football, basketball and Cowboys) Because we are such die hards that we keep having that slight glimmer of hope that things will change.

Sadly, it is dashed every single year when the season starts. Then our agony extends and we say we are through with this crap, only to get drawn in again the next year. What a horrible cycle we have created for ourselves, like drug addicts that can't seem to get clean.

You will be around suffering right next to the rest of us. The only thing we all have going for us is the off season( Miners football, basketball and Cowboys) Because we are such die hards that we keep having that slight glimmer of hope that things will change.

Sadly, it is dashed every single year when the season starts. Then our agony extends and we say we are through with this crap, only to get drawn in again the next year. What a horrible cycle we have created for ourselves, like drug addicts that can't seem to get clean.
I never thought about it that way. Its not THAT bad! Is it?

Reactions: Rocketsr
Our playoff hopes remain alive for another week. Need Washington to keep losing.

If these scores hold it’s going to be an interesting final week in the East.

Dallas and Washington will be playing eliminated teams. I wish there was a way to flex the schedule to have Washington and Dallas play for everything.

If these scores hold it’s going to be an interesting final week in the East.

Dallas and Washington will be playing eliminated teams. I wish there was a way to flex the schedule to have Washington and Dallas play for everything.
So flex the schedule for 2 teams that have no business even playing in the playoffs??? Nope . No team from this years pathetic NFC East should even be allowed to play in the playoffs.

Last edited:
So flex the schedule for 2 teams that have no business even playing in the playoffs??? Nope . No team from this years pathetic NFC East should even be allowed to play in the playoffs.
Ok man. The original way is better. Dallas vs a team that’s eliminated and Washington vs a team that’s eliminated.

Dallas offense is decent enough to make the playoffs, but their run defense is the worst in the NFL. Any good team is going to run up and down the field with maybe a few passes.
Philly looked like Utep today. They forgot the objective of the game is to win. Their effort was atrocious.

Dallas offense is decent enough to make the playoffs, but their run defense is the worst in the NFL. Any good team is going to run up and down the field with maybe a few passes.
Philly looked like Utep today. They forgot the objective of the game is to win. Their effort was atrocious.
The NFC East was really bad this year. Inconsistent defense up and down the division. Suspect QB play. The worst? The coaching! Lack of energy, no leadership, no direct accountability by anyone in the NFC East coaching saying "this crappy loss and/or season [to our divisional rival] is on me!". I am talking about on the field "it's game time folks!" leadership. I watched mid major college games during this pandemic that had way more than the NFC Eastern division teams.

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT