ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cowboys

The Giants are in the middle of the pack in rushing offense yet statistically have the worst overall offense in the league. As for defense they are in the upper half.

Are they the kind of team that can stuff the ball down our throat? Not sure.

If Haskins plays for the Redskins they will lose. If Smith is healthy, they win. With the 3rd stringer I am not sure with Taylor Heinicke.

I will give you a little history of the Cowboys in must win games at the end of the season:
They have lost every single one of them. They have not one game where it decided their playoff fate. 0-6.

I must say at least we actually have been drawn in until the last regular season game is a lot more than I would have thought a few weeks ago. Yet on the flip side it gives the Cowboys another chance to flush our hopes down the toilet for the 500th time under Jerry. And in saying that, I will be watching right along with everyone else like a drug addict that can't get away from his fix.

A few weeks ago we were talking about the #1 pick now we have a chance to win the division.

I don’t know why I remember the 2009 season as one where we won very important games at the end of the regular season to clinch a playoff and the division title.

Redskins game on prime time cuz if they win early the Cowboys game is meaningless. Ideal scenario for the nfl is to have the boys win early and then turn all Cowboys fans into eagles fans for the Sunday night game.

There are numerous games with playoff implications:
Green Bay, New Orleans or Seattle for top seed in NFC
Rams, Cardinals, 49ers and Bears coming down to the last game for a playoff berth.

Yet, the NFL picked the Redskin game due to exactly what you said, hoping the Cowboys win. That is the power of the Cowboys.

Reactions: axingfools1
National sports media are giving Zeke poster board material. Idiots, you don't poke a sleeping giant.

I want the Cowboys to win but if they lose I’ll still be rooting for the eagles. It would be funny to see a 6-10 team host a playoff game.

• Haha
Reactions: FeralFelidae
What is there to say about the Cowboys that hasn't already been said. This is what we get year after year. Terrible coaching, horrible calls all year in the red zone, lack of discipline, and bad management of the team.

Of course that is just a few of the issues. It is time to hire Harbaugh or any disciplinarian coach and rebuild this team. We all know that isn't going to happen, so just enjoy the off season when the Cowboys are 0-0 because that is the best you are going to get out of this team. It is going to just play like a broken record. This is the best it is going to get. And I guess Jerry doesn't care if it does.

Last edited:
Reactions: FedupMiner
I haven’t watched a minute of the nfl since Dalton threw the game ending pick against the giants.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Prescott took 2 steps back after his 1st season, but has progressed every year since. Who knows what could have happened this year without the injury. The problem is not Prescott. It's not his fault the Cowboys defense sucked this year or that players got injured. It's not his fault that the Cowboys caved in to Zeke. It's not his fault that J.J. doesn't step back and just be an owner. Dak is a tremendous leader. I'm glad that he got signed. I think the way the contract was constructed won't hurt with the salary cap issues this year as much as we thought.

Everyone knew Jones would make the wrong move. Gurley signing did not work, and so Dallas follows suit with a worse one with Elliot. How is that working? Goff, who at least took them to the Super Bowl, had a huge contract signing. Now we know how well that worked out.

Dak was 1-3 this year, and should have been 0-4 as the Falcons win was a miracle. He has an aging offensive line and no defense. This was the time to rebuild the team, not decimate it for the next 4 years.

Yeah, Dak deserves Mahomes money after all that one wild card win has really cemented him as an elite QB. While guys like Ben take a pay cut to stay and help the team. And we would have been better off getting Wilson as he would have been cheaper if you were going to spend that much money on Dak. Any way you look at this it is a ridiculous signing.

Jones is an idiot that thinks the Cowboys are a super bowl team every year, and he just put his team back 4 years, and then another 3 to do the rebuilding that he should have done now. We have young receivers and a good young backup running back. Now these guys will all be in their contract years when Jones is forced to re-build after this failure, and we will be the new Cleveland Browns.

Well, you might as well cheer for his success rather than go pout in the corner.
Yeah, we cheer (and cheering is not the word, it is pray) for the Miners the same way, and where is it getting us. Jones knows that you will sit by and cheer so he can keep serving you caca on a platter.

Prescott took 2 steps back after his 1st season, but has progressed every year since. Who knows what could have happened this year without the injury. The problem is not Prescott. It's not his fault the Cowboys defense sucked this year or that players got injured. It's not his fault that the Cowboys caved in to Zeke. It's not his fault that J.J. doesn't step back and just be an owner. Dak is a tremendous leader. I'm glad that he got signed. I think the way the contract was constructed won't hurt with the salary cap issues this year as much as we thought.
We will just have to agree to disagree.

Dak got exactly what the market dictates he should get. If the Cowboys didn't give it to him, half the league would have been calling like crazy to give him the same if not better deal.

Reactions: axingfools1
I agree with you about Dak, but the complaint, which I think is valid, about this contract is that the high sum being paid to Dak will crowd out other positions of need. We saw last season that the Cowboys' defense is broken. How is signing Dak to such a large contract going to fix that? Even before Dak got hurt, when he was putting up monster numbers, it was not enough to overcome the horrible performance of the defense.

Reactions: Rocketsr
Dak got exactly what the market dictates he should get. If the Cowboys didn't give it to him, half the league would have been calling like crazy to give him the same if not better deal.
I really doubt half the league would be calling to give a guy coming off 2 surgeries, and one wild card playoff win, this kind of money. Only Jerry Jones would do that.

Secondly go to a team with no offensive line and no running back and see how well he does. He started his career behind the greatest offensive line in the NFL. It has deteriorated and now he will have put the team on his back and win the games himself. There are no excuses because when you pay that kind of money, it is all on him now.

Feral is spot on because they will not be able to shore up the positions of need, and when Dak is running for his life behind a spotty O-line, I don't want to hear any excuses because he took all the money a la Kobe, and there is none left for anything else. He will have to put up 40 with our defense every single game to be in it.

It would really suck to be paying a QB over 40 a year and still lose.

I really doubt half the league would be calling to give a guy coming off 2 surgeries, and one wild card playoff win, this kind of money. Only Jerry Jones would do that.

Secondly go to a team with no offensive line and no running back and see how well he does. He started his career behind the greatest offensive line in the NFL. It has deteriorated and now he will have put the team on his back and win the games himself. There are no excuses because when you pay that kind of money, it is all on him now.

Feral is spot on because they will not be able to shore up the positions of need, and when Dak is running for his life behind a spotty O-line, I don't want to hear any excuses because he took all the money a la Kobe, and there is none left for anything else. He will have to put up 40 with our defense every single game to be in it.

It would really suck to be paying a QB over 40 a year and still lose.

You should probably go and check out his stats from last season. He was no pace to have one of the greatest seasons from the quarterback position in the history of the league. There's no way in hell that you can name 16 quarterbacks better than him in the NFL.

You should probably go and check out his stats from last season. He was no pace to have one of the greatest seasons from the quarterback position in the history of the league. There's no way in hell that you can name 16 quarterbacks better than him in the NFL.
So he has great numbers and they were basically 0 and 4. So, tell me now that they have little cap room, that they are going to address the issues that will make them a better team.
Not one person has said that Dallas does not have the most talented receivers in the league, 2 good Tight ends, and supposedly an all pro RB. Put him on another team and lets see his numbers.

Secondly, he was on pace to have at least 16 interceptions, and the same exact completion percentage that he had the previous year. So, he threw a lot more. He had almost 1/2 the attempts that he had the previous year through only 4 games. Hey I can jack up 49 shots a game in the NBA and average over 20 points a game. That doesn't make me any better, than the guy that can shoot 30, score 20 and win the game. I'll take the second guy anytime.

The bottom line is that the issues cannot be addressed on defense when you use all your money on one guy. I don't see Wentz or Goff's contracts working out for them. We are going to end up just like the Eagles, not being able to fix the O line or a defense that also was one of the worst in the NFL in the last 30 years and just seeing the same thing.

I measure the team on one thing and that is playoff wins, and in his whole time there, he has only won one wildcard playoff game. I don't care if he throws 75 touchdowns by averaging 60 passes a game. If he does that, then we most likely are a losing football team, and his signing, does nothing for the team overall. This is a team that needs to rebuild. They are not a year away as Jerry keeps saying. I can now make the argument that we are worse off because this does not win games for us, and only prolongs the inevitable.

Last edited:
So he has great numbers and they were basically 0 and 4. So, tell me now that they have little cap room, that they are going to address the issues that will make them a better team.
Not one person has said that Dallas does not have the most talented receivers in the league, 2 good Tight ends, and supposedly an all pro RB. Put him on another team and lets see his numbers.

Secondly, he was on pace to have at least 16 interceptions, and the same exact completion percentage that he had the previous year. So, he threw a lot more. He had almost 1/2 the attempts that he had the previous year through only 4 games. Hey I can jack up 49 shots a game in the NBA and average over 20 points a game. That doesn't make me any better, than the guy that can shoot 30, score 20 and win the game. I'll take the second guy anytime.

The bottom line is that the issues cannot be addressed on defense when you use all your money on one guy. I don't see Wentz or Goff's contracts working out for them. We are going to end up just like the Eagles, not being able to fix the O line or a defense that also was one of the worst in the NFL in the last 30 years and just seeing the same thing.

I measure the team on one thing and that is playoff wins, and in his whole time there, he has only won one wildcard playoff game. I don't care if he throws 75 touchdowns by averaging 60 passes a game. If he does that, then we most likely are a losing football team, and his signing, does nothing for the team overall. This is a team that needs to rebuild. They are not a year away as Jerry keeps saying. I can now make the argument that we are worse off because this does not win games for us, and only prolongs the inevitable.

Like I said, name 16 QBs better than him? If you're not able to name them, you should understand exactly why he got paid. The market is always going to dictate the price.

Dude had 13TDs and 4 turnovers in 4 1/2 games.

Last edited:
Jones was facing pitchforks and anger. He had to quell the masses and sign him. I can't believe I'm saying this because Jones is a horrid megalomaniac, but Jones was in a "Well, crap?!" situation and had to give him the money.

Unlike Tampa who was alright with cut of Winston who led the NFL in TD tosses the year prior. Why? Because he led in INT's as well and blew late season games to get a wildcard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT