ADVERTISEMENT

OT El Paso Chihuahuas Wins 3rd Straight Division Championship!!!

OT but I am thankful the Padre organization works with their farm clubs to field competitive teams. Minor league or not - nobody likes a loser. Losing teams did affect the Diablos' attendance when we were with Arizona. The Brewers treated us much better. Hindsight!

OT but I am thankful the Padre organization works with their farm clubs to field competitive teams. Minor league or not - nobody likes a loser. Losing teams did affect the Diablos' attendance when we were with Arizona. The Brewers treated us much better. Hindsight!

Actually the dwindling attendance had to do with the new ownership and things went downhill after Jim Paul sold the team. It's great we have outstanding ownership with the Chihuahuas.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
Its minor league baseball. You dont see cities having parades for triple a champions. You dont see the white house inviting teams. The main goal for a minor league team is to develop players. The bigger problem is that Padres are worse team in MLB.

Actually their are five teams worst then the Padres (.449):
Phillies (.380)
Giants (.386)
Reds (.428)
Mets (.431)
Braves (.441)
https://www.bing.com/search?pc=THWA&form=AMZNS1&q=mlb+standings

Reactions: sportsfan5000
Padres are one of the worst franchise in MLB . They are the browns of the Nfl. If the farm system is so great shouldnt they have more success? If the major league team is struggling and losing everyone is in trouble from the major league team to everyone working in the minor league. Here with Dbacks when the hired Tommy Lorussa a while back he got rid of everybody. from Dbacks to people working in people working in the farm system.

The made goal for Chihuahuas is to make the padres better not to win pointless minor league titles. I would say top 5 goals for a minor league team is

1. Make Money
2.Make More Money
3. Dont lose money.
4. Develop the young players
5. Rehab your pro players

Everything else is entertainment for us fans.

Minor league baseball is all just a gimmick. People go watch minor league baseball just to have fun. To eat a hot dog ,drink a beer and ,catch a foul ball. People could careless if they win or lose.

Minor league baseball is all just a gimmick. People go watch minor league baseball just to have fun. To eat a hot dog ,drink a beer and ,catch a foul ball. People could careless if they win or lose.

You clearly haven't been to any Chihuahuas games. Even the players have commented about the fans and how they're into the game and stay until the end and want them to win.

If minor league baseball is not a gimmick. Explain to me Tim Tebow?

If there is a game 5 (Sunday), it will start at 6:05 p.m. MT. Look who they go head-to-head with:
http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG/Cowboys
So, let's recap for a moment. elpasochihua5000 likes to compare a minor league baseball team to a university athletic program. He doesn't care whether he is comparing the AD from UTEP to a GM on a baseball team, or winning percentages. He also throws in references to UNM to attempt to prove he is right, but fails. Has anyone noticed he will never admit you might be right and him wrong? Of course he won't because then the debate for him would be over and he just can't have that. He is about arguing.

I guess it's fine to compare UTEP and the Chihuahuas, but the Chihuahuas are NOT the industry standard, regardless of what he thinks. The Chihuahuas are still the new toy in town. it's a very nice venue, and the food is good. They can ONLY hold about 9k into the stadium. That being said, they do a great job keeping the interest of the fans. THEY ARE TRENDY! As Corona (i think) pointed out, minor league baseball is not about winning. Yes, it's cool to win no matter what level you are at, but that isn't the purpose and most reasonable fans understand this. I have been to many games and we hardly pay attention to what's going on on the field. I have seen kids day, and NONE watch the game.
Saying t shirt giveaways at basketball increased attendance because they were gone in minutes is flat out stupid. You do realize the sponsors only get around 4,000 shirts right? They gave me 5 and there was only 2 of us. Giveaways won't hurt UTEP, but sure the hell won't increase attendance thousands. The marketing department needs to ADVERTISE more. Make UTEP the fun thing to do. And what's the funnest thing? That's right.....WINNING!

As for the chihuahuas, let's see how much "he" knows if they make it into the weekend. Saturday they compete directly with UTEPs first home game and a UFC fight. Sunday they would go head to head with the Cowboys first game.....let's see how much the playoffs mean now in minor league baseball.

Last edited:
I'm going to the Chihuahuas game Friday, Miners game Saturday, and watching the Cowboys Sunday.

Reactions: axingfools1
Miners lucked out. Chihuahuas swept and won't play tomorrow night. Heard several people at the game saying they were glad they could go to the Miner game.

More like kudos to AJ Preller, Andy Green, and Rod Barajas.

Brad Taylor just tweets BUY NOW from the chihuahuas twitter account. Get off Brad Taylor's nut sack bro.

People probably said the same thing about Theo Epstein.

Legit question here

Why didn't UTEP Athletics donate anything earlier? We're that much in the red we gotta send our donations in the Rice FB trucks to save on costs!?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT