ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For those that follow college basketball

axingfools1

MI Miner Maniac
Nov 6, 2011
I love college basketball and march madness. I enjoy following recruiting and transfers and watching other teams. I follow the careers of kids that were recruited by UTEP or that played against UTEP in C-USA. Just for shits and giggles. Anyway....

I noticed that none of the players from CUSA tourney champs Marshall were invited to the NBA combine (although all 3 declared). Jon Elmore, Adjin Penava and CJ Burks combined to score 59 points, 19 rebounds, 12 assists and 3.5 steals in 17'-18. Penava led the nation in blocks at 4.1 per game and was the CUSA defensive player of the year. Any of them could choose to play overseas/D-league or become a free agent, but if they all come back then lookout. Marshall could be one of the top mid-majors in the country and have multiple POY candidates. Hopefully this is us in a few years!

Nevada just signed a 5-star recruit 6'11 C/PF Jordan Brown. Eric Musselman has the ball rolling there and big schools will be all over him soon.

LSU has had 2 tremendous recruiting classes the past 2 years. Their leading scorer/assist man last year was touted freshman point guard Tremont Waters (16/6). They also have another excellent guard by the name of Mays. Oh and they also have two transfers available this year by the names of Kavel Bigbey-Williams and Jeremy Combs.

I love college basketball and march madness. I enjoy following recruiting and transfers and watching other teams. I follow the careers of kids that were recruited by UTEP or that played against UTEP in C-USA. Just for shits and giggles. Anyway....

I noticed that none of the players from CUSA tourney champs Marshall were invited to the NBA combine (although all 3 declared). Jon Elmore, Adjin Penava and CJ Burks combined to score 59 points, 19 rebounds, 12 assists and 3.5 steals in 17'-18. Penava led the nation in blocks at 4.1 per game and was the CUSA defensive player of the year. Any of them could choose to play overseas/D-league or become a free agent, but if they all come back then lookout. Marshall could be one of the top mid-majors in the country and have multiple POY candidates. Hopefully this is us in a few years!

Nevada just signed a 5-star recruit 6'11 C/PF Jordan Brown. Eric Musselman has the ball rolling there and big schools will be all over him soon.

LSU has had 2 tremendous recruiting classes the past 2 years. Their leading scorer/assist man last year was touted freshman point guard Tremont Waters (16/6). They also have another excellent guard by the name of Mays. Oh and they also have two transfers available this year by the names of Kavel Bigbey-Williams and Jeremy Combs.
You got a bad jones for buckets, Axing, and now, you're getting me infected, too. Reasoned, informative posts like this are why I started looking for this board. Glad I found it. Keep driving to the rack, axing.

It's good to hear some info on the college bb scene. Thanks and keep up the good work.

This guy chose Stanford over Duke and now wants to grad transfer to Kentucky or Villanova. College basketball free agency at its best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT