ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For those that follow college basketball

This is a time honored tradition in college basketball. Larry Brown hired Ed Manning, Danny Manning's dad, as an assistant coach. Countless coaches, including Tim Floyd, have hired a top prospect's high school or AAU coach as an assistant in order to land a player. There's nothing new here.
I'm not naive to this "time honored tradition", or the way of the world, I just have never liked it. A guardian or coach should NEVER be taking advantage of a player or child for their own benifit. Like I said, I don't presume to know what the player really wanted. I doubt he made the decision free of any pressure. To each his own though. Just my own opinion.

I'm not naive to this "time honored tradition", or the way of the world, I just have never liked it. A guardian or coach should NEVER be taking advantage of a player or child for their own benifit. Like I said, I don't presume to know what the player really wanted. I doubt he made the decision free of any pressure. To each his own though. Just my own opinion.
Actually, there's nothing wrong with it. It's just an adult form of "helicopter parenting" if you get right down to it.

See above. "Touriest" was guest at a wedding, left the wedding impaired by alcohol and/or drugs by some reports, pounded on several cars before pounding on car of the accused. He then got punched, fell and hit his head and died.

What is a Lisfranc fracture?
The midfoot gets no respect. While people can relate to a stubbed toe or sprained ankle; the part of the foot that connects the two, and is responsible for helping absorb the shock of walking, running, and jumping isn't given much thought. Not so for the French surgeon Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin, a surgeon in Napolean's army. Dr. Lisfranc studied the midfoot bones, the joints where they connected, and the ligaments that held them together. Understanding that anatomy led to his name being attached to the classic Lisfranc fracture dislocations that occurred when horsemen fell and their foot was trapped in the stirrup.

Most people, including doctors (except for orthopedic and podiatric surgeons) quickly forget or vaguely remember about the row of bones between the ankle and the metatarsal bones (the long thin bones that lead from the toes to the middle of the foot). But the relationship of the cuneiforms and the cuboid bones allow the foot to disperse the energy and shock that is generated by the weight of the body. A Lisfranc injury disrupts those joints that hold the midfoot stable.

bones_of_foot.jpg

Last edited:

What is a Lisfranc fracture?
The midfoot gets no respect. While people can relate to a stubbed toe or sprained ankle; the part of the foot that connects the two, and is responsible for helping absorb the shock of walking, running, and jumping isn't given much thought. Not so for the French surgeon Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin, a surgeon in Napolean's army. Dr. Lisfranc studied the midfoot bones, the joints where they connected, and the ligaments that held them together. Understanding that anatomy led to his name being attached to the classic Lisfranc fracture dislocations that occurred when horsemen fell and their foot was trapped in the stirrup.

Most people, including doctors (except for orthopedic and podiatric surgeons) quickly forget or vaguely remember about the row of bones between the ankle and the metatarsal bones (the long thin bones that lead from the toes to the middle of the foot). But the relationship of the cuneiforms and the cuboid bones allow the foot to disperse the energy and shock that is generated by the weight of the body. A Lisfranc injury disrupts those joints that hold the midfoot stable.

bones_of_foot.jpg
I hope McCants has a speedy recovery. He should be one of their better players in the years to come. Its already a very tough time for his family given the recent incident invloving his older brother.

Reactions: EPTUTEP

If you follow his thread he’s pretty much saying we are all destined to be one bid leagues even the MW.

Is it my imagination, or does it sound like Conference USA has some depth on the basketball court this season, more than just the usual top three or four teams? The conference usually has three good teams, three mediocre teams and eight bottom feeders. This year's teams sound better across the board.

Reactions: axingfools1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT