ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gas Prices

I filled up at 3.49 on friday and today I saw that gas station at 3.35. Should have waited.

He was a superstar in the YMCA pickup games.

giphy.gif

Ah, yes. Where are all the President Biden apologists? Because anyone who was/is critical of Trump has to be a Biden apologist. There has to be a left version of MAGA. I can only speak for myself but if President Biden fumbles then he needs to be called out on it. No different than all of the Trump fumbles.

OPEC controls the market. They are producing millions of barrels a day less than they were pre-covid and have just recently cut production again. The five major U.S Oil Companies increased their investments by 12 billion dollars in 2022 under President Biden and plan to increase by 25% in 2023. That is five major companies, over 100 billion dollars, all toward new wells. As the US increases production, OPEC is committed to decreasing theirs.

Donald Trump crashed the US Oil and Gas market in 2018 long before covid right before the mid term election. Trump negotiated with OPEC in 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. Short term low gas prices and long term damage to the US Oil and Gas market. So is trying to make a deal with OPEC good or bad? Was it good when Trump did it and now bad when President Biden does it?

All that said, here we are again talking about politicians when we should be talking about OPEC. In my opinion only, I hope they don't work with President Biden. US production is at record levels and only going to increase. I don't want to see a flood of foreign oil hurt us like it did under Trump's presidency.

Last edited:
Shell’s Q3 profit in 2021: $4,130,000,000

Shell’s Q3 profit in 2022: $9,454,000,000

Both the left and the right need to get their stuff together and do something about the rampant corporate greed. Shell isn't the only company showing these kind of gains.
Is that net profit (minus operating cost)?

Is that net profit (minus operating cost)?
Amazing isn't it?

With a profit of $30.5 billion so far this year, Shell is well on track to exceed its record annual profit of $31 billion in 2008.

The strong earnings were likely to intensify calls in Britain and the European Union to impose further windfall taxes on energy companies as governments struggle with soaring gas and power bills.

Van Beurden said the energy industry "should be prepared and accept" that it will face higher taxes to help struggling parts of society.

Full Article

McDonalds had a net profit of 7.5 billion last year. Should we put windfall taxes on them too because some people are starving? Asking for a friend.
Well, I would, but I'm not in charge, so you don't have to worry about your billions.

McDonalds had a net profit of 7.5 billion last year. Should we put windfall taxes on them too because some people are starving? Asking for a friend.
Most economists, even the liberal ones, will usually concede that taxes get passed along to the consumer.

So "windfall taxes" will further exacerbate the high prices at the pump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT