ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Houston and Texas Tech

Nah. Duke looks unbelievable even though they got lucky yesterday and North Carolina is better. Tennessee also look good. Gonzaga is a beast.

Reactions: axingfools1
I think Houston is a legit threat, they play elite defense, some of the easy turnovers and layups they got early in the game last night showed me they have supreme athleticism, I think they are a huge threat....

Reactions: MineroFanatico
Houston and Tech are both threats. Both play great defense. Tech dominated a very good Buffalo team. Houston beat Ohio Stste at their game. One thing I respect about Houston. Their teams never get intimidated in either revenue. Ohio State tried to get in an altercation with them and intimidate them at half time and it backfired big time. Both those schools are going to perennial contenders from now on. Tech will be a threat as long as Beard is there. UH is going to be a contender from now on. With the facilities they have, city they have to recruit and conference they play in UH is a top twenty hoops job. Sampson isnt going anywhere. In 2019 Houston is better job than his old gig at Indiana.

Sampson's efforts to support struggling families is even more impressive. Those moves endear him to the community. I hope he doesn't fall victim to any traps set either by agents or the NCAA.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
Sampson's efforts to support struggling families is even more impressive. Those moves endear him to the community. I hope he doesn't fall victim to any traps set either by agents or the NCAA.

He’s no victim.

Everytime I think of Kelvin Sampson, I think of coach Rab and that ESPN feature story that got me all emotional one day about him not wanting Rab on his staff right before he passed away, Rab should be an assistant for Houston. :( #RipRab

Reactions: 66miners
Everytime I think of Kelvin Sampson, I think of coach Rab and that ESPN feature story that got me all emotional one day about him not wanting Rab on his staff right before he passed away, Rab should be an assistant for Houston. :( #RipRab
You don't have a right to throw discretion out the window. That concept is really, really hard for most people who make it to the top of the food chain in western society.

Both Houston and tt (yep, did the little t’s on purpose :) ) are going down their next game. Beard will move on to UT and will suck there bc it’s a football school . Sampson hasn’t won anything, so why will he now at Houston?? Planning on champagne and a cigar this weekend !

Both Houston and tt (yep, did the little t’s on purpose :) ) are going down their next game. Beard will move on to UT and will suck there bc it’s a football school . Sampson hasn’t won anything, so why will he now at Houston?? Planning on champagne and a cigar this weekend !

Okay, Pony, well thanks for the heads up, you certainly completed MY bracket. And your likes/messages ratio clearly establishes your prognostication credentials...

And BTW, if Pony has ANYTHING to do with SMU, that certainly explains a lot...

Hahaha- you really don’t know what Pony10 references?? Wow, turn in your UTEP card!

And you don’t get why I will be drinking champagne and smoking a cigar when these TX schools lose??? Are you 15 and don’t know the history??

Hahaha- you really don’t know what Pony10 references?? Wow, turn in your UTEP card!

Well first, I don't HAVE a UTEP card, and second, where I'm from a pony is nothing but a small replica of a REAL horse, which clearly you ain't. But thanks for reminding everybody how this board used to be - for the most part - a punk-free zone.

Well first, I don't HAVE a UTEP card, and second, where I'm from a pony is nothing but a small replica of a REAL horse, which clearly you ain't. But thanks for reminding everybody how this board used to be - for the most part - a punk-free zone.
Dang Coog, you are getting more sensitive than me! His name refers to Luster Goodwin. While he doesn't post very often, I wouldn't call him a punk or a troll..

Anywho, I hope he is correct, but there is also strong suggestions that after Houston loses, Sampson is off to Arkansas.

Ahh Luster Goodwin...I'm going back to my jr high days and when I would copy his finger roll!

Time to be worried. Tech is impressive at both ends of the floor. Well coached and deliberate in running their offense. Mistake free bunch.
They are looking damn good, but IMO no way the run through UVA, Duke and UNC in the next 3 games. Another year or two with Beard though and they could be a #1 seed.

Time to be worried. Tech is impressive at both ends of the floor. Well coached and deliberate in running their offense. Mistake free bunch.

You are right about Tech. I wouldn’t worry just yet, but TT looked really good. The Zags will be tough to get by. If it happens, then...

Tech and Gonzaga is an interesting game. The best offense in the country vs the best defense in the country.

Beard will be at A&M next year. There is no way Tech can match the money that A&M will throw at him.

Beard will be at A&M next year. There is no way Tech can match the money that A&M will throw at him.
Is there a good mexican restaurant in Lubbock for that interview to take place:p? BG and the AD of TAMU met at Kiki's and "sealed the deal" (actually it was already agreed to while UTEP was in the tourney when Doc was asked about it and gave a "wink and a "I don't know nod & shrug" to local media).

That’s bad, If we have the season some imagine we will next year.
"1st World Problems".

If it happens, so be it. BG comes in and lights the city on fire (but we failed to see, or just plain ignore, his demons of alcoholism) and boy that was fun. Barbee comes in and takes a slower rebuilding approach through progression and "gets it done" as well. TF comes in with heavenly trumpets blaring on a white horse, or was it a unicorn with rainbow mane and tail? Anyways, ends up taking the midnight train to anywhere citing "health issues" when just a few months to a year earlier he stated "he still has the fire" to keep coaching to a local fish wrap.

When it comes to UTEP mens basketball, John Lennon sang it best:

"I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go"

The good news is that CRT would be #2 on the list for Texas next year. I have heard that A&M want Buzz but I would imagine that they make a push for Beard too.

"3. TEXAS A&M
Billy Kennedy was out after eight seasons, which included just two trips to the tourney (but both turned into Sweet 16 runs). The Aggies reportedly plan to target Buzz Williams, who is in his fifth season at Virginia Tech. The Hokies are currently preparing to play ACC foe Duke in the Sweet 16 on Friday, so nothing will happen on that front immediately. It should be noted that Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward is on a roll hiring big-time coaches after snatching Jimbo Fisher from Florida State last year. The Aggies have money to make a very good hire here and this would be a chance for Williams, who was an A&M assistant from 2004–06, to return to his home state."
https://www.si.com/college-basketba...hing-carousel-best-jobs-ucla-arkansas-alabama

The good news is that CRT would be #2 on the list for Texas next year. I have heard that A&M want Buzz but I would imagine that they make a push for Beard too.

"3. TEXAS A&M
Billy Kennedy was out after eight seasons, which included just two trips to the tourney (but both turned into Sweet 16 runs). The Aggies reportedly plan to target Buzz Williams, who is in his fifth season at Virginia Tech. The Hokies are currently preparing to play ACC foe Duke in the Sweet 16 on Friday, so nothing will happen on that front immediately. It should be noted that Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward is on a roll hiring big-time coaches after snatching Jimbo Fisher from Florida State last year. The Aggies have money to make a very good hire here and this would be a chance for Williams, who was an A&M assistant from 2004–06, to return to his home state."
https://www.si.com/college-basketba...hing-carousel-best-jobs-ucla-arkansas-alabama

Now that Houston is out, how long until Sampson goes to Arkansas?

BTW....C'mon Zags...end the raiders run....

Now that Houston is out, how long until Sampson goes to Arkansas?

BTW....C'mon Zags...end the raiders run....

That’s a good question. When pressed by USAToday (I think it was) CKS did say that whatever it is he chooses to do, will be answered really quickly. It probably isn’t about $ because UH sounds very willing to throw it at him. A lot of UH fans are theorizing that Sampson is bargaining to have his son, Kellen, as head coach in waiting at UH as part of the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT