ADVERTISEMENT

OT: John Sherrill Houser passed away

FeralFelidae

MI Miner Maniac
Sep 1, 2003
Now that it's reflected on his Wikipedia, I suppose it's safe to post this.

John Sherrill Houser was the man behind the XII Travelers projects, with the centerpiece being "The Equestrian" (Oñate) statue that's located at the airport. It's said to be the world's largest bronze, equestrian statue.

His son, Ethan Houser, has assisted with some of the XII Travelers monuments, and is talented in his own right; I hope he'll take up the mantle for the remaining ones. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, and I want to extend my thanks to John Houser for enriching El Paso arts and culture with his vision and talent.

My condolences. I hope one day to have Native American remembrances as well because they too are part of regional history. A few hundred years ago is like yesterday as compared to the indigenous of the southwest who go back over two thousand years.

Reactions: FarWestTexas
My condolences. I hope one day to have Native American remembrances as well because they too are part of regional history. A few hundred years ago is like yesterday as compared to the indigenous of the southwest who go back over two thousand years.
I think the next monument is going to be Benito Juárez, who was of indigenous origin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT