ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Summer

minermx07

MI Regular
Sep 6, 2009
What are your thoughts on all the off-season moves? Just some random thoughts from me.

1. I like that next year there's no clear favorite. The west is once again super deep with 12/15 teams having playoff hopes(teams with no hope are Suns, Wolves, and Grizzlies) . The East is not as deep, but their top 4 are really good.

2. Yes, the Nets won free agency, but I don't think their team is that good. We'll see how good KD is in 2020. The Nets are going to regret give DeAndre Jordan 40 million just for being KDs friend.

3. NBA teams are impatiently run. Everyone is giving all these contracts they're going to regret and then give up a draft pick to get out of. I'm surprised more teams don't just try load up on draft picks by taking on bad contracts. The Nets did that and only the Hawks are copying that model.

If you're the Hornets why give Terry Rozier 19 million and hope he lives up to that ?when instead you could've gotten a first from Golden State by taking on Iggy's contract?

Reactions: ZonaMiner
The Hawks have a really nice young core. They remind me of the Warriors seven years ago. They are going to be very entertaining.

I'm not ready bury the Celtics. I like the Kemba Walker signing. Taking Irving off the team is addition by subtraction. He was a cancerous tumor on that team.With the primary Donna's gone Brad Steven's will coach that team up.

Dont like what the Nets did. At this point I take DeAngelo Russell over kyrie Irving. That guy is a cancer. Giving the max to Durant is stupid no one has torn their Achilles and come back as good as they were. I've never been a fan of DeAndre jordan.

The Warriors are still contenders getting DeAngelo Russell. When Klay comes back after the all star that's a scary backcourt.

If it ends up with Lakers getting Kawaii. They will be the biggest favorite ever. The two best players on the planet with Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma. Even with a bench filled with guys making the minimum it's hard to see anyone beating them if they stay healthy.

T

Reactions: minermx07
Im a Knicks fan and i love the moves they made. Media is dumb aka ESPN.

The Hawks have a really nice young core. They remind me of the Warriors seven years ago. They are going to be very entertaining.

I'm not ready bury the Celtics. I like the Kemba Walker signing. Taking Irving off the team is addition by subtraction. He was a cancerous tumor on that team.With the primary Donna's gone Brad Steven's will coach that team up.

Dont like what the Nets did. At this point I take DeAngelo Russell over kyrie Irving. That guy is a cancer. Giving the max to Durant is stupid no one has torn their Achilles and come back as good as they were. I've never been a fan of DeAndre jordan.

The Warriors are still contenders getting DeAngelo Russell. When Klay comes back after the all star that's a scary backcourt.

If it ends up with Lakers getting Kawaii. They will be the biggest favorite ever. The two best players on the planet with Anthony Davis and Kyle Kuzma. Even with a bench filled with guys making the minimum it's hard to see anyone beating them if they stay healthy.

T
I think it would be dumb if Kawhi joins the Lakers, but if he does they would need to get rid of Lebron after next season.

LMAO! Your posts are the best.
Actually I'm going to halfway agree. For the first time in a long time, the Knicks don't have a terrible contract of a past their prime player on their books. In the past they've had, Allen Houston, Eddie Curry, Marbury, Stoudamire, Carmelo, and I'm probably forgetting more.

The two year mid-priced contracts is actually a strategy stolen from the Pacers who've used it to great effect. If a player is great, you can resign him and use bird rights to go over the cap if you need. If the player is bad, he becomes an expiring contract you can easily dump.

Now, the bad news for the Knicks. No star even considered the Knicks, that's bad. It shows how much they've fallen within the NBA.

Also, the contracts they gave were good. Who they chose to give it to was bad. Their team is full of non-shooting point guards and traditional power forwards. Taj Gibson and Elfrid Payton in particular stick out as signings that won't help the Knicks. I'd rather keep the cap space and collect picks in exchange for bad contracts.

That is reasonable. Knicks fans can’t be excited or happy though. They might have some capable players. I just don’t see how they are going to be in a different position then. Mitchell Robinson and Kevin Knox have to really blossom into great players by then.

That is reasonable. Knicks fans can’t be excited or happy though. They might have some capable players. I just don’t see how they are going to be in a different position then. Mitchell Robinson and Kevin Knox have to really blossom into great players by then.

Starters are

PG Dennis Smith Jr
SG RJ Barrett
SF Knox
PF Julius
C Robinson

All these other guys are bench players and depth. That is a good young core to build around. The Nets are screwed if KD doesnt come healthy.

I am happy all these other fans/media are clueless and not real knicks fans. They can go ahead and cheer for the crappy Nets.

Starters are

PG Dennis Smith Jr
SG RJ Barrett
SF Knox
PF Julius
C Robinson

All these other guys are bench players and depth. That is a good young core to build around. The Nets are screwed if KD doesnt come healthy.

I am happy all these other fans/media are clueless and not real knicks fans. They can go ahead and cheer for the crappy Nets.
How many wins do you see for the Knicks with that lineup? I would guess 20-25 wins. That's okay, get another nice draft pick.

How many wins do you see for the Knicks with that lineup? I would guess 20-25 wins. That's okay, get another nice draft pick.

i think 40 wins. i think Knicks could have won more games last year.They were just tanking for a top 3 pick and Zion.

i think 40 wins. i think Knicks could have won more games last year.They were just tanking for a top 3 pick and Zion.
So, you're expecting one of the biggest turnarounds in NBA History. The only similar turnarounds would be when Nash joined the Suns, Kidd joined the Nets, or when Robinson and Duncan joined the Spurs respectively.

Every team with at least 40 wins has a player with an all star. Who's the Knicks All-Star?

So, you're expecting one of the biggest turnarounds in NBA History. The only similar turnarounds would be when Nash joined the Suns, Kidd joined the Nets, or when Robinson and Duncan joined the Spurs respectively.

Every team with at least 40 wins has a player with an all star. Who's the Knicks All-Star?

Julius Randle and Mitchell Robinson. The Pelicans wanted Mitchell Robinson and Knox for Anthony Davis. You need to go see Mitchell Robinson highlights from last year. Its a to bad that he never went to Western Kentucky.

Julius Randle and Mitchell Robinson. The Pelicans wanted Mitchell Robinson and Knox for Anthony Davis. You need to go see Mitchell Robinson highlights from last year. Its a to bad that he never went to Western Kentucky.
We need to bet. I'm betting the Knicks don't get more than 32 wins and you'll have no All-Star even in the weak East where there's like 3 "eh" All-Stars.

Danny Green to Lakers. Sign a veteran "get it done" PG and Lakers are set.

In the NFL players have too little power. In the NBA they have too much. Kawhi and AD both quit on their respective franchises with 2 years left on their contracts.

I think if this trend continues, the popularity of the NBA will decline. NBA players need to appreciate that their massive contracts come because FANS buy tickets and watch games. You burn enough franchises and soon half the arenas in the NBA will be empty.

In the NFL players have too little power. In the NBA they have too much. Kawhi and AD both quit on their respective franchises with 2 years left on their contracts.

I think if this trend continues, the popularity of the NBA will decline. NBA players need to appreciate that their massive contracts come because FANS buy tickets and watch games. You burn enough franchises and soon half the arenas in the NBA will be empty.

The NBA's growth and popularity is being driven by the Chinese market. The NBA is bigger in China than it is here in the states. The NBA wont decline unless Chinese appetite for the NBA declines.

I think in the minds of the Raptors. It was about not taking in like 77 million dollars worth of contracts and not being that good since OKC was eliminated in the first round.

Westbrook who I like overall is paid 40 million dollars and his game has flaws.

The Raptors are chosing to rebuild starting in the 2020-2021 season rather than becoming a 42-48 win team for the next 4 years.

Last edited:
I think in the minds of the Raptors. It was about not taking in like 77 million dollars worth of contracts and not being that good since OKC was eliminated in the first round.

Westbrook who I like overall is paid 40 million dollars and his game has flaws.

The Raptors are chosing to rebuild starting in the 2020-2021 season rather than becoming a 42-48 win team for the next 4 years.
It takes five on the floor to get it done. Lakers with LeBron proved that last year.

Siakam is the real deal and it would be stupid to let him go; however, I thought it was a bold move by OKC but no one was buying.

James Harden is probably thinking "I thought I left this ball hog back in OKC."
Two guys that like to take 20 to 30 shots a game, hope it works out.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
James Harden is probably thinking "I thought I left this ball hog back in OKC."
Two guys that like to take 20 to 30 shots a game, hope it works out.
I think you got it backwards. Westbrook leads the league in assists and his shooting has regressed the past few years. Look for Harden to have his best year ever with Westbrook (as long as he can keep up with the pace).

Reactions: utep2step
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT