ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ominous Vibe

Yes. Luckly his mom has already crossed over before having him.
And what year was he born? They didn’t give out food stamps back then or “free rides”. So that’s WAAAY different than some poor family from Venezuela coming here is it not? How is some poor guy who doesn’t speak English supposed to support his family?

And being a janitor or working at McDonald's, can’t support a family. You can’t even live on your own doing that. So…
More like construction and lawn and home cleaning businesses. It's unreal but there's illegals making $30hr working construction. I see it every day. I've mentioned my friend that has her cleaning business. She makes around 300-400 a day cleaning houses.

This country provides a crap load of opportunities that go wasted by their own citizens.

More like construction and lawn and home cleaning businesses. It's unreal but there's illegals making $30hr working construction. I see it every day. I've mentioned my friend that has her cleaning business. She makes around 300-400 a day cleaning houses.

This country provides a crap load of opportunities that go wasted by their own citizens.
Are your friends paying taxes and getting social security?

Reactions: kickballpro
Different era, devil. You didn’t answer one of my questions. If the answers are none, just admit it. I won’t think any less of you.
If you have learned anything from this board, it’s that when you have a “good” question, where you know the answer, they won’t answer you. Because they don’t want to admit their hypocrisy or that you’re right. Happens all the time.

If you have learned anything from this board, it’s that when you have a “good” question, where you know the answer, they won’t answer you. Because they don’t want to admit their hypocrisy or that you’re right. Happens all the time.
Or maybe your questions and premise are shit.

Or maybe your questions and premise are shit.
When I see those questions I always ask myself; is this immigration issue new? Haven't we always had immigrant invasions?

How has your financial life suffered because of it? My taxes are the same. My medical insurance is the same. My food supply is the same. My pay is the same. I can honestly say my life has remained the same with or without illegals crossing over.

When I see those questions I always ask myself; is this immigration issue new? Haven't we always had immigrant invasions?

How has your financial life suffered because of it? My taxes are the same. My medical insurance is the same. My food supply is the same. My pay is the same. I can honestly say my life has remained the same with or without illegals crossing over.
You’re a relatively smart guy, surely this isn’t a “good” thing?

Again, as a smart person, bringing in a bunch of poor people to this country, isn’t really a smart thing to do in the long term right? Especially since you do not know the ages, health, or criminal history of them.

There are already plenty of poor people living in the US. Why should we help other country’s “trash”, when we don’t even help our own?

Again, as a smart person, bringing in a bunch of poor people to this country, isn’t really a smart thing to do in the long term right? Especially since you do not know the ages, health, or criminal history of them.

There are already plenty of poor people living in the US. Why should we help other country’s “trash”, when we don’t even help our own?
The ease with that you compare human beings to "trash" is palpable.

The ease with that you compare human beings to "trash" is palpable.
That’s why I put it in quotes. Same would apply for a poor white guy from Montana, looking for a better life in Canada or Germany.

Nothing wrong with anything else I brought up, only that I called poor people “trash”?

So how does that work. I really don't get it?
They pay taxes from their paychecks like any other American but they will never receive the benefits from those taxes.

Reactions: TxRdKiller

I'm not pro open borders. If the USA wants to beef up the border and let no one through, good, go for it. If they wanna do nothing, I'm fine with that too.

Back in pre-90s anyone could literally walk in through the front door. There was no need for any of the stuff that's going on today cuz border security wasn't a concern.

Here we are 30,40,50 years later of letting anyone through and what were the long-term effects of that? Is the USA worse than it was back then?

Is your personal life worse now than it was 20 years ago and can you say it's directly related to illegals? My life is better now than when I was a kid. My dad relied on every government service from food stamps to chip and whatever else he could qualify for. Thankfully as an adult, I've never needed a dime from the government. Illegals haven't stopped me from getting what I want and I doubt they'll get in my way for whatever time is left in this life.

I’m left of center politically but the dems AND GOP cyclical sick cycle carousel of large illegal immigration does burden our resources, period.

However, they have a right to seek asylum and yes they pay taxes. Yes, U.S. decades upon decades of “big stick” meddling can be directly traced back to Washington.

One main sticking point for me is military service, especially in designated “Theaters of Operation”. The U.S. has relied on immigrant folks to fight when the “promise” of citizenship carrot is dangled. This goes back to Roman times and nothing has changed: I will fight for you nation if a) promise of good wage b) better life in your lands (no slavery, including family).

If I was in gang run Central America, unstable Haiti and f’ed Venezuela I’d probably take the risk. But the U.S. has the right to deport.

B.S That statement is impossible to prove. Who’s knows what your taxes would be if we weren’t providing benefits to illegal immigrants. Who can say if are public schools would benefit if they didn’t have to spend extra resources on illegal immigrants.
Your pay would probably increase due to less taxes.
Granted your food sources would be the same.
Does anyone actually believe that having 10 of thousands people doesn’t effect your taxes, hospitals, medical insurance, School taxes, car insurance, etc. If you do, you are completely and utterly ignorant.

When an “illegal” gets taken to the hospital, the hospital isn’t doing it for free. They will just charge the next patient more, which makes the insurance most of us pay for go up.

That is why hospitals don’t have a menu board with how much things cost. It’s always changing because they’re going to get their money, some way or some how. They have to pay their staff and for upkeep. All so some Venezuelan guy getting paid under the table from roofing can get medical treatment for his accident. Just gives a fake name, no SSN, no way to track him down.

Just charge it to the next fool that pays insurance and taxes out of his paycheck from Rudy’s BBQ.

El Paso is opening up these things. So all these migrants are going to be using bathrooms, electricity, and other resources and not pay a cent. All those extra people using the bathroom creates more sewage and uses more water. Each flush costs money.

But yeah, send more Venezuelans to come and create more sewage here. El Paso needs more sewage and less water! As long as someone who is already poor and work an illegal construction job!

Reactions: Dmanminer
B.S That statement is impossible to prove. Who’s knows what your taxes would be if we weren’t providing benefits to illegal immigrants. Who can say if are public schools would benefit if they didn’t have to spend extra resources on illegal immigrants.
Your pay would probably increase due to less taxes.
Granted your food sources would be the same.
Does anyone actually believe that having 10 of thousands people doesn’t effect your taxes, hospitals, medical insurance, School taxes, car insurance, etc. If you do, you are completely and utterly ignorant.
Who knows how much everything else would cost if cheap labor from immigrants wasn't available.

Do we need to pay Americans $50 per hour to get them to work construction and farm jobs? Would you be ok if your same house had actually cost 500k more? Or if milk was $20 a gallon?

I pay around 15k in taxes a year. What would my tax bill be without illegals? 5-10k a year. Imo not worth it. Let people better themselves if it doesn't directly affect you. If I ever get judged at least I won't be the one that greed and hatred toward other humans led me away from Gods favor.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Ironically, something that even a poor country like Mexico offers its citizens.
I see. With all due respect Corona I think you have no clue how health care works in Mexico compared to the U.S. Neither is perfect, but comparing the two is mind blowing.

I'm all for helping people when feasible and within capacity, but it needs to be within the boundaries of the law. There are laws for a reason. Immigration laws are in place to protect both sides. Breaking laws because we don't like or agree with them doesn't absolve us of the consequences.

Ironically, something that even a poor country like Mexico offers its citizens.
Do you think it’s right for an uninsured citizen of their own country to get an ungodly bill for healthcare, while someone from another country would get it for free? Especially after they didn’t follow the correct process to enter said country?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT