ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Neil Peart

For me, it doesn't get any better than "Red Barchetta", but any Rush song is great, including "Tom Sawyer". Peart was the GOAT.

Great song. Too many to choose a favorite but “Freewill”, “The Spirit of Radio”, and for something a little trippier “La Villa Strangiato” stick out as some good ones.

Reactions: miner661
As a junior at Andress High saw Rush back in the early 80s at the Pan Am Center in Cruces. Awesome show, awesome drummer. The rock world will miss you. RIP Brother.

There are probably dozens of radio stations presenting RUSH tributes today and for a temporary period. If you have it, Sirius XM Radio is presenting RUSH on Deep Tracks Channel 27. You can download the app for your PC, tablet, etc for listening via the net. I would imagine Tune In and other online stations are doing the same. Some really fine tunes are crackling the airwaves!

Last edited:
I love the hell out of the whole Vapor Trails album, which was the first album after Neil Peart returned to the band after losing his wife and daughter.

Nocturne, and...

Second best rock drum soloist I've personally seen (Carl Palmer). But just awesome. Rest in peace.

Second best rock drum soloist I've personally seen (Carl Palmer). But just awesome. Rest in peace.
It's also easy to forget that Phil Collins was an absolute beast on the drums. Once he took over vocal duties they started bringing in a touring drummer. And before Chester Thompson, they toured with Bill Bruford, who is also a legend. Here you can see Bruford and Collins both manning their kits at the same time! (See especially 2:45)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT