ADVERTISEMENT

OT: UNT getting no respect in the polls

They are ranked around 40th in the NET.

and UTEP is gonna whip that ass tomorrow?
2qqld5.gif

Shitty ass voters overlooking big wins over HUMBOLDT STATE, MES, and Bob Cantu's Portland Pilots.

15-1 is 15-1, and should be respected, but how much does New Mexico's win over Nevada now play into North Texas' ranking who beat UNM at their crib. Personally, North Texas is not deserving of a top-25 ranking, but def a top 40 team right now.

Beat. A. Good. Team. Period.

UNT has not done that. They had a chance against Sooners and lost. Only so so quality win is against Indiana State who has beaten p5 schools.

Reactions: Roy_Bigwood_05
I know they havent played anyone good. But 15-1 is still 15-1. Pretty good record.

If lathon plays Miners will beat UNT.
According to last game, yes he should be playing.

UNT's 15-1 is "eh". Remember Illinois State two years ago after getting snubbed after a 28-7 2017 record? They did not have one quality win. They lost to TCU and Wichita State twice by double digits. One OOC win from a decent conference team was a win against St. Joseph's from the A10 conference who were not that good that year. The coached went Donald Trump ballistic. The NCAA response? Look at the teams you played and OOC record! "But none of the bigger teams will play us!" he shot back. NCAA? Ballshat. Look at MTSU.

They're overrated. Honestly, UTEP should have won that game and had multiple chances in the first half to pull away and wound up letting them stick around and tie it up. Then UTEP came out flat in the 2nd half and got behind. They made a few runs to get back in the game, but never got over the hump.

Reactions: utep2step
They're overrated. Honestly, UTEP should have won that game and had multiple chances in the first half to pull away and wound up letting them stick around and tie it up. Then UTEP came out flat in the 2nd half and got behind. They made a few runs to get back in the game, but never got over the hump.
Rebounds. The damn rebounds. UTEP gave up 14 offensive rebounds. UTEP is also one of the worst free throw teams in the conference. That lets an opposing HC to chose a tactical strategy of hack a Shaq a little more easily even if your PG's are 50/50.​

Reactions: axingfools1
Rebounds. The damn rebounds. UTEP gave up 14 offensive rebounds. UTEP is also one of the worst free throw teams in the conference. That lets an opposing HC to chose a tactical strategy of hack a Shaq a little more easily even if your PG's are 50/50.​
The funny thing is that UTEP out shot them from the free throw line and shot over 71%. UTEP only shot 7 free throws the whole game. I don't think they chose that strategy. Yet, I can see where maybe in tight game with a team that has good depth that could be used.
Rebounds I agree, they seemed to get destroyed on the offensive end every game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT