ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Using the "transfer epidemic" to your advantage

CubsFan81

Starter
Apr 23, 2016
NMSU just added a Ohio State PG transfer. A former 4 star player out of high school. NMSU plays in a weak conference, has no airport in their city, has a recruiting budget that is half of what UTEP has. But they don't make excuses and find ways to bring in good players to Las Cruces. But our coach has a million excuses all the time of why we have been average in CUSA the past 6 seasons. This is so frustrating.

http://www.kvia.com/sports/NMSU-basketball-adds-transfer-from-Ohio-State/39769200

Yawn!! Speaking of millennials this may be the worst generation ever! Getting sick and tired of their entitled whiny attitudes!

Reactions: mikesarabia
Yawn!! Speaking of millennials this may be the worst generation ever! Getting sick and tired of their entitled whiny attitudes!

Get used to it because the party is just getting started. No changes are coming any time soon. In fact the cliche "it's gonna get worse before it gets any better" will bring a mountain of truth in regards to the direction this generation is headed in.

UTEP already got their 4 star pg transfer last year. HE is still on the team.

That's what our parents said about us.

Haha, very true. You have spoken wisely, grasshoppa. I have two boys who are "millennials" who were raised in solid surroundings, but who are also in part products of their environment. In addition to the weaknesses the generation brings to the table, they bring just as many strengths. If we continue to compare them with Gen Xers or Baby Boomers, we will find flaws in abundance. For the "elders" It's going to be adapt or go home, because they ain't gonna fully conform to our ways. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how things shape up in the next 10-20 years. Truly!

As a side note, when I say it's going to get worse before it gets better, I don't cast blame on the millennials, but rather I allude to the clash/differences that will become increasingly apparent between the millennials and those before them.

Last edited:
Reactions: unihorn
Haha, very true. You have spoken wisely, grasshoppa. I have two boys who are "millennials" who were raised in solid surroundings, but who are also in part products of their environment. In addition to the weaknesses the generation brings to the table, they bring just as many strengths. If we continue to compare them with Gen Xers or Baby Boomers, we will find flaws in abundance. For the "elders" It's going to be adapt or go home, because they ain't gonna fully conform to our ways. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see how things shape up in the next 10-20 years. Truly!

As a side note, when I say it's going to get worse before it gets better, I don't cast blame on the millennials, but rather I allude to the clash/differences that will become increasingly apparent between the millennials and those before them.

I also have two sons (ages 19 and 17 -- quasi-Millenials). I get frustrated with them at times, but I don't see any point in generalizing (especially negatively) about their generation just yet -- it's still early.

My comment above about punk, quitter Millenials was meant to be a jab at Floyd. If you're in the coaching business, or almost any business, you're going to have to figure out how to get the work done through Millenials (or not).

I also have two boys (ages 19 and 17 -- quasi-Millenials). I get frustrated with them at times, but I don't see any point in generalizing (especially negatively) about their generation just yet -- it's still early.

My comment above about punk, quitter Millenials was meant to be a jab at Floyd. If you're in the coaching business, or almost any business, you're going to have to figure out how to get the work done through Millenials (or not).
There are still people that can get the job done, they just as hard to find as ever, though.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
I think and could be wrote the the top of the millennial generation is possibly as strong as it's ever been comparing to other generations but the bottom and middle are soooo low, lazy and entitled that it's completely overwhelming the tops achievements

Well, once we get to the point where we have a solid base of players, we can add 1 or two transfers at key positions but we can't seem to keep experienced players.

I think and could be wrote the the top of the millennial generation is possibly as strong as it's ever been comparing to other generations but the bottom and middle are soooo low, lazy and entitled that it's completely overwhelming the tops achievements
I agree with this statement. I'm a millenial or so I've been told. I work hard everyday. It didn't matter what job I always wanted to be the best at it. Whether it was answering calls at a call center or stocking fruit at the local grocery store. This work ethic paid off and it lead me to an abundance of opportunities. Now that I'm in my late 20s I'm starting to see the rewards. My life is nicely set up.

On the other hand I see first hand the lazy underachieving entitled jerks. One of my cousins who is about two years younger than me has no job no education and is a complete low life loser. He lives at home feeding off mommys chichi. He also has his girl friend living there and she has no job no school no ambitions to do anything with their life. They do have two kids who we all help support and they managed to kick their mom out of the master bedroom.

I've called him out on it and his response is "so what". As in there is nothing wrong that he is about to be 30 and still lives at home with mommy and daddy. He can't keep a minimum wage job for longer than a month. He still drives the same car his mom bought him in high school. Ok that's enough rant over. But yeah a lot of Millenials suck.

Reactions: unihorn
I agree with this statement. I'm a millenial or so I've been told. I work hard everyday. It didn't matter what job I always wanted to be the best at it. Whether it was answering calls at a call center or stocking fruit at the local grocery store. This work ethic paid off and it lead me to an abundance of opportunities. Now that I'm in my late 20s I'm starting to see the rewards. My life is nicely set up.

On the other hand I see first hand the lazy underachieving entitled jerks. One of my cousins who is about two years younger than me has no job no education and is a complete low life loser. He lives at home feeding off mommys chichi. He also has his girl friend living there and she has no job no school no ambitions to do anything with their life. They do have two kids who we all help support and they managed to kick their mom out of the master bedroom.

I've called him out on it and his response is "so what". As in there is nothing wrong that he is about to be 30 and still lives at home with mommy and daddy. He can't keep a minimum wage job for longer than a month. He still drives the same car his mom bought him in high school. Ok that's enough rant over. But yeah a lot of Millenials suck.
a girlfriend?How ?

As a card carrying member of Gen X, I take great offense to this statement. I thought we were the ones that were supposed to be the spoiled brats, never move out of our parents' basements, not care about anything, and generally bring about the end of Western Civilization. I mean what have Gen Xers done? Just essentially build the entire Information Age.

Reactions: MineroFanatico
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT