ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Cup 2018

I think Uruguay takes out Ronaldo’s team. It’s definitely a changing of the guard. The two biggest stars could be eliminated on the first day. Sadly this is probably their last World Cup.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Messi will be 35 and Cristiano Ronaldo will be 37. I agree this will be their last World Cup. Those two have played a ton of football between them but they made amazing athletes as well. I could see them retiring from international football in the next couple of years but i don’t think any manager would leave those two off their squad if they’re are willing and able even if they’re old. Mexico took a 37 year old Cuauhtémoc Blanca and Rafa Marquez is on this team at 39. Bring them on in the 60-70th minute when everyone else is tired and slowing down. It could work.

That was a horrible game, Russia has no business moving on. They looked like a bunch of troncos on the pitch

That was a horrible game, Russia has no business moving on. They looked like a bunch of troncos on the pitch

You’re absolutely right. Spain should have played better but it is what it is. Russia should lose horribly at the next round. Let’s see if croatia can continue their run

Whoever comes out of that Bracket with Croatia/Denmark/England etc has to be a major underdog vs whoever comes out of the bracket between France/Uruguay/Belgium/Mexico and Brazil.

Reactions: minerfan_14
Belgium will beat Brazil but how many more of these antics will be in that game??

They're much smarter than Neymar. A lot smarter.

hqdefault.jpg

Belgium will beat Brazil but how many more of these antics will be in that game??

Unfortunately, in FIFA soccer, mastering those tactics is essential in becoming the greatest, most successful of all time.

It's a big part of the reason that Americans really haven't bought into the game.

They also need to add a blue line like hockey for the offside rule. I understand why offsides exists, but soccer has taken it to the opposite extreme. Hockey has found the happy medium.

Reactions: develman
And I can't believe anybody seriously thought Mexico would beat Brazil in the World Cup.
Objectively, Mexico played a tremendous 1st half against Brazil. Switching Vela and Chucky threw Brazil off initially, but Mex just had nobody in the middle to finish. Of course Mex is blaming the refs and Neymar for his antics, but Mexico just doesn't have enough right now.

Unfortunately, in FIFA soccer, mastering those tactics is essential in becoming the greatest, most successful of all time.

It's a big part of the reason that Americans really haven't bought into the game.

They also need to add a blue line like hockey for the offside rule. I understand why offsides exists, but soccer has taken it to the opposite extreme. Hockey has found the happy medium.
This is the way I feel about charging in basketball. Too many flops.

I didn’t see Messi or (insert name here) wailing when someone went to get the ball from them. A lot of MX fans were giving the Brazil fans a hard time with that this morning. To each their own

Yes, that happy medium needs to be done. May take decades, look how long it took for instant replay

Objectively, Mexico played a tremendous 1st half against Brazil. Switching Vela and Chucky threw Brazil off initially, but Mex just had nobody in the middle to finish. Of course Mex is blaming the refs and Neymar for his antics, but Mexico just doesn't have enough right now.
Brazil has elite players at elite clubs. They substitute an injured Real Madrid Marcelo for an Atlético Madrid Felipe Luis. On the other hand Mexico substitutes a two yellow card Moreno who plays for Real Sociedad with a retired Marquez. Aside from 6-8 players the talent level decreases substantially for Mexico.

In order for Mexico to breakthrough from the top 16 to the top 8 they will need to do two key changes. 1. Is the players need to take paycuts and transfer to Europe instead of taking the money from LigaMX/MLS. 2. They need to stop playing partidos moleros in the USA. Once again stop being greedy selling out 60k arenas against nobodies and go play on the road in Europe and South America.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
This is the way I feel about charging in basketball. Too many flops.

Agree. Even more aggravating is the “bail out” blocking call when a defender goes straight up but the offensive player leans into him on his shot. Refs are suckers for giving in to that call.

Reactions: develman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT