ADVERTISEMENT

Our season is done....no hope

UTEPfan1966

MI VIP
Apr 26, 2016
I always hold out hope that we hit a groove and go on a run. I just don't have that hope anymore. My wife and I have settled into the fact that we will expect a loss and just enjoy ourselves for the rest of the season. (LOVE the green chile burritos)

For the most part, I blame the ENTIRE coaching staff for this crap show we are seeing. The offense itself is horrible. I'm not talking about the players missing shots. I'm talking about the plays. This system doesn't open up players or good looks. It mainly runs the clock so we have to take a bad shot with 3 seconds left. It also leaves our big men out of position giving us zero chance of a rebound and second chance points.

Another thing the coaches do that is sooooo frustrating is the rotations they use. When players go cold, switch them out! They benched Wade a few weeks ago, then when he comes back, he plays more minutes than almost everyone. They bench Frazier (whom I don't like anyway) saying they wanted him to come off the bench and add punch. He leaves. He comes back after they say how much they need his scoring. That's right, he plays like the last five minutes of the game being totally useless. Osborne makes a ton of bonehead plays, but he stays out there. (most coaches pull him out and TEACH him) Frazier makes bonehead and selfish plays and he stays in forever. Rotation between Wilms and Ty is possibly the worst rotation I have ever seen. Then again, what they do with our guards just might top it.

All season long, I have liked one thing or another about ALL off our young guys. I can't say I have ever liked anything about Frazier, and I have never seen the promise people talk about with Thomas. At this point I don't know who will stay or who I want to stay. I think the young guys do have a good upside with a good young coach. (thank gawd Johnson won't be the man) I will guess that Wade will leave, though. He just doesn't look like he wants to be here and isn't really meshing with the team. You like to see chemistry, yanno? I don't see it with him.

Now, throw me a damn T for 3! My son wants one although he won't fit into it for another 10 years.

I always hold out hope that we hit a groove and go on a run. I just don't have that hope anymore. My wife and I have settled into the fact that we will expect a loss and just enjoy ourselves for the rest of the season. (LOVE the green chile burritos)

For the most part, I blame the ENTIRE coaching staff for this crap show we are seeing. The offense itself is horrible. I'm not talking about the players missing shots. I'm talking about the plays. This system doesn't open up players or good looks. It mainly runs the clock so we have to take a bad shot with 3 seconds left. It also leaves our big men out of position giving us zero chance of a rebound and second chance points.

Another thing the coaches do that is sooooo frustrating is the rotations they use. When players go cold, switch them out! They benched Wade a few weeks ago, then when he comes back, he plays more minutes than almost everyone. They bench Frazier (whom I don't like anyway) saying they wanted him to come off the bench and add punch. He leaves. He comes back after they say how much they need his scoring. That's right, he plays like the last five minutes of the game being totally useless. Osborne makes a ton of bonehead plays, but he stays out there. (most coaches pull him out and TEACH him) Frazier makes bonehead and selfish plays and he stays in forever. Rotation between Wilms and Ty is possibly the worst rotation I have ever seen. Then again, what they do with our guards just might top it.

All season long, I have liked one thing or another about ALL off our young guys. I can't say I have ever liked anything about Frazier, and I have never seen the promise people talk about with Thomas. At this point I don't know who will stay or who I want to stay. I think the young guys do have a good upside with a good young coach. (thank gawd Johnson won't be the man) I will guess that Wade will leave, though. He just doesn't look like he wants to be here and isn't really meshing with the team. You like to see chemistry, yanno? I don't see it with him.

Now, throw me a damn T for 3! My son wants one although he won't fit into it for another 10 years.
Well said. I wish I was there to devour one of those green chili burritos ;)
I give the staff some credit for attempting to make some adjustments, but unfortunately, they don't work on either side of the ball. I thought Gilyard came out super aggressive on the offensive end, and made some good things happen; Magee was pretty solid as well offensively. However, both really struggle defending bigger guards, which most of us did anticipate. Problem was that no one else showed up, and the rebounding was horrible again. Really frustrating to watch; it appears that the staff just throws up rotations, and prays something sticks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT