ADVERTISEMENT

Pac12 not dead?

Someone is going to 2PAC. If it’s not UNLV then maybe it’s Nevada or UNM. If all of them turn them down. Then we’re up. Point is they need 8 teams and so does MW.

Since the AAC teams rejected them, I wonder what figures the PAC is telling potential teams. Anyone see that tidbit?

Before it was reportedly 10-15million but that was with the assumption Tulane/USF/Memphis would jump.

Also, the new PAC is going to end up being Oregon ST/Wazzu/top MWC teams......what kind of contract is that going to bring in? Is it going to be much different from the current MWC? If there is a significant difference, the crappy teams really brought it down that much?

Reactions: MINER.JAY
Since the AAC teams rejected them, I wonder what figures the PAC is telling potential teams. Anyone see that tidbit?

Before it was reportedly 10-15million but that was with the assumption Tulane/USF/Memphis would jump.

Also, the new PAC is going to end up being Oregon ST/Wazzu/top MWC teams......what kind of contract is that going to bring in? Is it going to be much different from the current MWC? If there is a significant difference, the crappy teams really brought it down that much?
You gotta think that at worst, they would get what the MWC currently gets.

The MWC leftovers might be a different story. They’ll probably be playing Tuesdays and Wednesdays now too.

Reactions: Lil_Train
That be great but I'm thinking UTSA (even if they said no already), UNT or Texas St would get a call before us.
I’m surprised Utah St. got invited to the PAC-12. Utah St. is a middle of the pack program and located in a small city. I guess they were next in line after UNLV declined.

Not sure about TX State, but I don’t think UNT or utsa have the cash to pay the exit fees. I think UTEP would be able to come up with the cash, but not sure the interest is there from either conference yet.

Last edited:
Isn’t like 80 million to leave AAC? At least according to that MHver3 twitter accoun
That’s the main reason some of these teams that were on the PAC-12’s radar turned them down. One of the big questions remaining is what type of TV contract will the PAC secure with these new additions?

Reactions: JCorona
I’m surprised Utah St. got invited to the PAC-12. Utah St. is a middle of the pack program and located in a small city. I guess they were next in line after UNLV declined.
I read (or maybe saw it in a youtube video) that supposedly PAC bylaws don't allow universities under legal issues to be invited so the author (or youtber) was surprised Utah St got the nod.

When it comes to analyzing a school for Conference affiliation the numbers that seem to matter the most are probably Market size (El Paso is 98) and Brand. Our Market size unfortunately does not include Ft. Bliss (or Juarez and maybe Las Cruces) so we are probably automatically tossed out. Brand-wise we are historically pretty good but our brand is a bit tarnished because of lack of on-field and on-court success in subsequent years. That said, the Pac 12 picking Utah State contradicts everything!

When it comes to analyzing a school for Conference affiliation the numbers that seem to matter the most are probably Market size (El Paso is 98) and Brand. Our Market size unfortunately does not include Ft. Bliss (or Juarez and maybe Las Cruces) so we are probably automatically tossed out. Brand-wise we are historically pretty good but our brand is a bit tarnished because of lack of on-field and on-court success in subsequent years. That said, the Pac 12 picking Utah State contradicts everything!
The market size is based on tvs too and the Lee is a large number of spanish speaking families living in in one house and this reduces the number of tvs watching English programming. Or something like that I’ve heard. Also yes, it should be a region of almost 3 million, but they don’t count it like that unfortunately.

The market size is based on tvs too and the Lee is a large number of spanish speaking families living in in one house and this reduces the number of tvs watching English programming. Or something like that I’ve heard. Also yes, it should be a region of almost 3 million, but they don’t count it like that unfortunately.
Utah St is about an hour drive from SLC and you can imagine that a large number of USU grads end up living/working in SLC once they’re done.

What’s within an hour of El Paso? Juarez, Alamogordo and Las Cruces. Whoopdee doo.

Utah St is about an hour drive from SLC and you can imagine that a large number of USU grads end up living/working in SLC once they’re done.

What’s within an hour of El Paso? Juarez, Alamogordo and Las Cruces. Whoopdee doo.
Makes you happy that UTEP loses out again, doesn't it. Keep on Trolling FakeFan29.

I'm referring to you pointing out that Utah State's Demo is bigger than UTEP's. Anything that we come in second to, gives you Trolls a hard-on.
Sure bud. I am realistic, sorry that you’re not. I’ve already explained my stance to people like you over the years. Sorry Mike Price and Tim Floyd don’t coach here no more.

Reactions: Rocketsr
To be brutally honest, if we get invited to a new conference, it has nothing to do with market size or success. It's because some conference needs enough warm bodies to fulfill NCAA requirements.
Respectfully disagree. TV ratings rule on how much money pie is divided among members. It's all about the Benjamin's.

Sure bud. I am realistic, sorry that you’re not. I’ve already explained my stance to people like you over the years. Sorry Mike Price and Tim Floyd don’t coach here no more.
Realistic? Your stance is finding the dark cloud to any silver lining the fan base grabs onto in these dire times. And I might add, shooting off your mouth with as much negative "realisms" as you can pull out of your ass.

Realistic? Your stance is finding the dark cloud to any silver lining the fan base grabs onto in these dire times. And I might add, shooting off your mouth with as much negative "realisms" as you can pull out of your ass.
Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore then? Maybe you and Hollywood Miner can get a room somewhere and predict 79-3 Miner victories every week.

I just reread your archival thread and I'm actually kind of proud that I stood up for one of our student athletes. Whatever transpired after is moot because non of us were privy to the actual reason he went "missing'.
Congrats on standing up for such a standup UTEP football player like Tyrin Smith. Tried to transfer once and then quit after 4 games before transferring again. Must be very proud. Back to the subject

Reactions: Rocketsr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT