ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Who you got startin tomorrow?

Who will start at quarterback tomorrow?

• Metz

• Locksley

• Jones

• Fernandez

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be shocked if Metz gets the nod over Locksley. Dimel's offense requires a mobile and athletic running QB to keep a defense honest as a running threat. Metz is very injury prone and he doesn't take contact well missing significant time as the starting QB in each of his first three seasons. If UTEP had legitimate wide receivers that could stretch the field, I would favor Metz as the starter as he is the better passing QB.

Reactions: El Paso Is Great
I'll be shocked if Metz gets the nod over Locksley. Dimel's offense requires a mobile and athletic running QB to keep a defense honest as a running threat. Metz is very injury prone and he doesn't take contact well missing significant time as the starting QB in each of his first three seasons. If UTEP had legitimate wide receivers that could stretch the field, I would favor Metz as the starter as he is the better passing QB.

Metz is every bit the athlete Locksley is. His 40 time is in the 4.6 range. Two years ago they almost switched him to receiver. His injuries have come from not running out of bounce, not sliding and not sliding well and running completely upright into defenders. These are all habits that can be fixed.

M
Metz is every bit the athlete Locksley is. His 40 time is in the 4.6 range. Two years ago they almost switched him to receiver. His injuries have come from not running out of bounce, not sliding and not sliding well and running completely upright into defenders. These are all habits that can be fixed.

Maybe metz should go to WR or TE??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT