ADVERTISEMENT

Poor Texas

There’s one of the two road q1 wins I expected from Texas. And that was setting the bar very low. Maybe they do better than expected. Unpopular opinion here but I wish success on our former HC.
I personally don't wish him ill, but really don't care if he's successful or not at UT, just like I would think of any other Longhorns coach.

I personally don't wish him ill, but really don't care if he's successful or not at UT, just like I would think of any other Longhorns coach.
Fair enough. I always track and wish success on any former Miner head coach.

I don’t get it. Rodney Terry said something about it being Classless after a loss and now it’s been deemed offensive.

What is offensive about Horns Down?
I’m a UT grad and fan. The horns down doesn’t offend me — unless someone did it in my face.

That said, I think it’s kind of stupid the way it’s taken hold. We just have to embrace the hate.

Reactions: kickballpro
Somebody please explain the horns down thing to me. Pretend that I live under a rock (I kind of do).

I had to Google it myself. I found out that it is a Gesture used to Taunt Longhorn Fans. It is considered unsportsmanlike to taunt using the symbol in the Big 12.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Only thing I can say and it's a direct quote from my son's high school counselor a year ago discussing FAFSA and college applications:

".....they all want to go to Texas..."

Reactions: kickballpro
Only thing I can say and it's a direct quote from my son's high school counselor a year ago discussing FAFSA and college applications:

".....they all want to go to Texas..."

Why does everybody want to go to Texas? Is your son going to Texas?

After back to back wins against #9 Baylor and #11 OU, UT loses a couple in a row to #21 BYU and #4 UH and drops to 3-5 in Big12 play, sitting in 12th place.

Make that 3 q1 wins. Terry has already surpassed my super low expectations and still has 6 more q1 games to go. There’s gonna be a lot of upset miner fans.

Reactions: unihorn
Make that 3 q1 wins. Terry has already surpassed my super low expectations and still has 6 more q1 games to go. There’s gonna be a lot of upset miner fans.
There is no doubt in my mind, barring a complete collapse, CRT and Texas will be dancing in March. Especially with 6 more quad 1 games to go. They don’t even need to win half of those remaining to secure a spot.

Fvck…the Big12 is murderers row. KSU went from tied for first to 12th place…all in two weeks time.

Watched Terry’s Horns get dominated by Houston. The talent laden Horns will never be able to repeat last year’s success with Terry at the helm. Terry continues to show he’s a solid recruiter, but a mediocre coach

Watched Terry’s Horns get dominated by Houston. The talent laden Horns will never be able to repeat last year’s success with Terry at the helm. Terry continues to show he’s a solid recruiter, but a mediocre coach
Houston will be a final 4 team this year. Defensively they play better than anyone I have ever seen. In the last 5 years there have only been 3 teams in KenPom's top 20 every year in defense. Houston, Kansas, and San Diego State.

Look at those 3 teams when the NCAA tournament starts. Defense is what wins in the tournament. Texas does not have a very good defense team. They do not play physical and are like the Dallas Cowboys, all finesse.

On another note, watch SDSU next year, as they recruited three 7 footers. They are going to reload and are a top 10 team. They understand that Defense wins. All they need to do is shore up one transfer scorer and they are loaded.

Agree. Also Houston is dominating teams at home. #1 average margin of victory at home by like 30 points.

Onyema got a gratuitous dunk in mop up time though. I'm sure that was pretty nice! What a waste...

Last edited:
Agree. Also Houston is dominating teams at hope. #1 average margin of victory at home by like 30 points.

Onyema got a gratuitous dunk in mop up time though. I'm sure that was pretty nice! What a waste...
Z had an opportunity early due to foul trouble on Disu and Shedrick. He immediately turned it over then fouled. He’s dreadfully mismatched against guys like Houston has.

Reactions: axingfools1
DBMiner…it may be a little early to say I told you so, but UH is defintely a top 5 Big12 team.
That really isn't going out on a limb as they are listed as a Number 1 seed in the bracket reveal today that was done on CBS. Secondly, they are Number one in the Net Rankings.

The last few years, every team that has been in this ranking has finished as a 1 seed, and actually 15 out of the 16 teams the last 2 years have stayed the same.

I really don't care about the polls as SDSU is not in the top 30 in the polls and yet they are 14th by the committee and a 4th seed. As unbiased as you can get.

Houston should be in everyone's Final 4 when you fill out your bracket, and Purdue should be in none.

Their only weakness is that they had an extremely soft out of conference schedule. Maybe because they knew it would be so brutal in the Big 12 conference schedule. This is my argument against the Big 10 as they always get beat in the first 2 rounds because they don't play a tough out of conference schedule. Big 10 is always over rated and they don't fare well in the tournament because of it.

Last edited:
That really isn't going out on a limb as they are listed as a Number 1 seed in the bracket reveal today that was done on CBS. Secondly, they are Number one in the Net Rankings.

The last few years, every team that has been in this ranking has finished as a 1 seed, and actually 15 out of the 16 teams the last 2 years have stayed the same.

I really don't care about the polls as SDSU is not in the top 30 in the polls and yet they are 14th by the committee and a 4th seed. As unbiased as you can get.

Houston should be in everyone's Final 4 when you fill out your bracket, and Purdue should be in none.

Their only weakness is that they had an extremely soft out of conference schedule. Maybe because they knew it would be so brutal in the Big 12 conference schedule. This is my argument against the Big 10 as they always get beat in the first 2 rounds because they don't play a tough out of conference schedule. Big 10 is always over rated and they don't fare well in the tournament because of it.
Yeah, at this point it isn’t exactly going out on a limb. But…before Big12 play started, DBMiner said he didn’t think UH would finish in the top 5 in the conference. I understood where he was coming from. At that point, nobody knew how the Coogs would do through the grind of major conference play. It’s one thing to win the AAC and quite another compete in cbb’s best conference.

With all that said, and partially because I’m biased, I thought the Coogs could win the conference…and I sure as hell had them top 5 in the conference. But, as I said in the previous post, there is a lot of bb yet to be played and UH doesn’t have an easy road ahead and sh!t can change real quick.

Houston will be a final 4 team this year. Defensively they play better than anyone I have ever seen. In the last 5 years there have only been 3 teams in KenPom's top 20 every year in defense. Houston, Kansas, and San Diego State.

Look at those 3 teams when the NCAA tournament starts. Defense is what wins in the tournament. Texas does not have a very good defense team. They do not play physical and are like the Dallas Cowboys, all finesse.

On another note, watch SDSU next year, as they recruited three 7 footers. They are going to reload and are a top 10 team. They understand that Defense wins. All they need to do is shore up one transfer scorer and they are loaded.
DBMiner…it may be a little early to say I told you so, but UH is defintely a top 5 Big12 team.
I am someone who admits when they are wrong and I have definitely been proven wrong with this prediction up to this point

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT