ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Much New Mexico Bowl Bound!

How can a bowl game just be pulled out of thin air from one moment to the other. I thought that kind of stuff takes planning. I hope UTEP isn't in this thrown together last minute joke!
My thoughts exactly. But hey, it's ESPN. They can pull anything out of their ass!

How can a bowl game just be pulled out of thin air from one moment to the other. I thought that kind of stuff takes planning. I hope UTEP isn't in this thrown together last minute joke!
Must be a lot of hotel rooms available and some sponsor willing to foot the bill.

Apparently Hawaii and whoever was the 6-6 Group of 5 team that was going to originally be left out needs it. ESPN has plenty of time slots to fill.
Apparently Hawaii was eligible this whole time at 6-7 and since there’s “2 leftovers”, ESPN is throwing together some bowl. Which they really aren’t, because the bowl at Levi’s Stadium was only canceled at the beginning of the season. It’s likely ESPN had a back up plan in case, there were extra teams available.

Just what we is another bowl game, at the last minute no less. Austin or Lubbock? Or does DFW get a 6th bowl?
Lubbock?!? :eek:
are-you-mad-uom7m9.jpg

This Saturday USC and Cal will play their game originally scheduled November 13th. Both teams are 4-7, which pretty much makes this game irrelevant. However, what if one or both teams had been 5-6 instead? You think the NCAA would have added another bowl as well? Unfortunately we'll never know.

Like with UTEP, we already know what to expect between the sheets. With our Miners, however, it's usually disappointment.
And we get it, it’s expected. It’s like wanting to be “Rick Rolled” every time when you expect the message to be different.

I wish there was another multi-verse portal we can travel thru and bring back Bobby Dobbs.

And we get it, it’s expected. It’s like wanting to be “Rick Rolled” every time when you expect the message to be different.

I wish there was another multi-verse portal we can travel thru and bring back Bobby Dobbs.

No worries. We're Miners fans. We've grown accustomed to the disappointment yet we're still here cheering on our teams. It's what we do.

Probably awaiting MWC Championship Game after that we will probably hear something.
Bloomquist writes that Dimel will have a press conference at 11am Sunday and we will find out which bowl the Miners will play in then.

Last edited:
Utah St. crushing SDSU. Wonder how that will affect the pecking order.
Utah St will not be in the NM Bowl at least. Winner of MWC is supposed to go to LA Bowl. Guarantee they're not happy about that. They would've rather had SDSU. It's looking more and more likely that'll it'll be UTEP vs Nevada or Fresno St. in NM Bowl. Both very tough match ups if that happens.

Utah St will not be in the NM Bowl at least. Winner of MWC is supposed to go to LA Bowl. Guarantee they're not happy about that. They would've rather had SDSU. It's looking more and more likely that'll it'll be UTEP vs Nevada or Fresno St. in NM Bowl. Both very tough match ups if that happens.
I really doubt there’s much difference between SDSU and USU in the LA Bowl. SDSU doesn’t even sell out the 20k LA Galaxy stadium. They sure as **** aren’t selling out the SoFi.

The fact that NM bowl hasn't been announced suggests to me that some other bowl (Frisco?) is still in play for UTEP. Other CUSA bowl invites have already been announced (ODU, MTSU). If UTEP is a sure thing for NM, I really don't see why they wait.

The fact that NM bowl hasn't been announced suggests to me that some other bowl (Frisco?) is still in play for UTEP. Other CUSA bowl invites have already been announced (ODU, MTSU). If UTEP is a sure thing for NM, I really don't see why they wait.
Aside from New Mexico the only other bowl I imagine UTEP could get is the one-time bowl game replacing San Francisco this year.

From what I’m hearing is that UTSA will play SDSU in the Tropical Smoothie Bowl in Frisco and UAB to the Independence Bowl. That’s just plain crazy. Apparently, CUSA champions have to play on an ESPN affiliated bowl and UTSA asked for an exemption because they wanted the independence bowl and they were denied. So UTSA is being rewarded to a $650,000 bowl and uab gets a $2.2 million bowl. This makes no freaking sense if true. Not that this has much to do with UTEP but just shows how screwed up this bowl mess is.

From what I’m hearing is that UTSA will play SDSU in the Tropical Smoothie Bowl in Frisco and UAB to the Independence Bowl. That’s just plain crazy. Apparently, CUSA champions have to play on an ESPN affiliated bowl and UTSA asked for an exemption because they wanted the independence bowl and they were denied. So UTSA is being rewarded to a $650,000 bowl and uab gets a $2.2 million bowl. This makes no freaking sense if true. Not that this has much to do with UTEP but just shows how screwed up this bowl mess is.
The money is divided among all conference members, so it's a wash.

Reactions: SAMINERGIRL
From what you’re hearing??? Sure do have your ear to the street lol.

The Independence bowl is on ESPN too, so not sure what you’re talking about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT