ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Much New Mexico Bowl Bound!

Without looking it up all I can say is that I *think* it was played in Albuquerque. Not really sure about that either.
It was played in Frisco, TX and Hawaii beat Houston. I looked up the NM Bowl yesterday after NattyLight claimed they got the 2nd or 3rd pick from the MWC and saw it.

Point being, that nobody remembers these games. We as UTEP fans “remember” the 10 and 14 NM Bowls because we rarely go and we played in it. The majority of college football fans couldn’t tell you who won and lost those games. Natty said that if we lose, it would be a black eye or something. Totally untrue.

Nobody remembers or cares, especially on a national level. The OU fans will not come and troll us and call us “NM Bowl losers” next year, nor will a conference opponent that won the New Orleans Bowl.

Reactions: TxRdKiller
It was played in Frisco, TX and Hawaii beat Houston. I looked up the NM Bowl yesterday after NattyLight claimed they got the 2nd or 3rd pick from the MWC and saw it.

Point being, that nobody remembers these games. We as UTEP fans “remember” the 10 and 14 NM Bowls because we rarely go and we played in it. The majority of college football fans couldn’t tell you who won and lost those games. Natty said that if we lose, it would be a black eye or something. Totally untrue.

Nobody remembers or cares, especially on a national level. The OU fans will not come and troll us and call us “NM Bowl losers” next year, nor will a conference opponent that won the New Orleans Bowl.
That applies to all bowls that aren't Playoff Bowls or one of the BCS Bowl Games. However it matters to our fan base and it matters amongst CUSA and to an extent the group of 5. The fact is everything is relative in college football and the pride of reaching and winning these bowl games is more about the schools fan bases that are involved for pride and the national TV they get during that bowl game.

That applies to all bowls that aren't Playoff Bowls or one of the BCS Bowl Games. However it matters to our fan base and it matters amongst CUSA and to an extent the group of 5. The fact is everything is relative in college football and the pride of reaching and winning these bowl games is more about the schools fan bases that are involved for pride and the national TV they get during that bowl game.
Not really. When was the last time someone referenced another teams previous year bowl performance?

Not really. When was the last time someone referenced another teams previous year bowl performance?
Idk cause we haven't won a Bowl game in my life time. However I just watched the highlights of the EV.1 bowl against Colorado that we should've won and remember that I had a Blast in Houston with 20,000 other Miner fans and still talk about it to this day! By the way that miner team would beat this Miner team by 3 TD's. Anyway point is it instills pride in the school especially a school like UTEP. Your opinion doesn't matter, because you're a person who has no pride in UTEP and only finds the negative and even if UTEP went undefeated you would be the 1st person to speak negativity about how they got lucky and had a weak schedule. So you can think however you want, but us true Miner fans over the years cherish these rare bowl moments and are hoping for a win!

I think you overestimate how much an average fan cares about these shit bowls. YOU individually may care but you are in the minority. Most people could hardly tell you who played in the national championship game; much less who played in one of the 35 shit bowl games out there.

NoNuts, you get such a hard on trying to prove one of your points it becomes excrement. For the past month I have been reading on social media "Glad UTEP is bowl eligible", "Win your bowl game UTEP" from around the country. Second, "Nobody remember or cares" is not true because a bowl team mid major is much better than a one win mid major for the S.O.S. with other mid majors and power programs, so they remember. Don't believe me, reach out for yourself.

Reactions: nattybry
NoNuts, you get such a hard on trying to prove one of your points it becomes excrement. For the past month I have been reading on social media "Glad UTEP is bowl eligible", "Win your bowl game UTEP" from around the country. Second, "Nobody remember or cares" is not true because a bowl team mid major is much better than a one win mid major for the S.O.S. with other mid majors and power programs, so they remember. Don't believe me, reach out for yourself.
Who won last year’s Lending Tree Bowl? Hawaii Bowl? Detroit Bowl?

I don't believe NO NCAA's is hoping for a Miner win. If we do win I can almost promise he'll have something negative to say.

For me personally the season ends when my team's season ends. I don't pay much attention to the bowl games, NCAA tournaments or NFL playoffs. Cuz we haven't been to any of that. This year I'll watch a few more games than normal. The point is I can't personally tell who won what bowl. If UTEP would play in bowls more regularly then I would be able to.

Reactions: nattybry
ESPN, Bowl Sponsors and Advertisers have dolled out millions for these "bowls" pretty obvious someone cares.
Yes, they care about money and no matter what we say, they make money and are usually helpful to the local economies that have them.

That doesn’t mean a Michigan fan in Detroit is going to remember who won the 2021 NM Bowl in April. Maybe he watched a few plays, but he will not remember the winner or losers of the game.

Yes, they care about money and no matter what we say, they make money and are usually helpful to the local economies that have them.

That doesn’t mean a Michigan fan in Detroit is going to remember who won the 2021 NM Bowl in April. Maybe he watched a few plays, but he will not remember the winner or losers of the game.
Who care about a fan in Detroit though, I don't see the point? Miner Fans remember.

Who care about a fan in Detroit though, I don't see the point? Miner Fans remember.
Yes only Miner fans. You said it would be a “bad loss” if they lost. Nobody outside of UTEP will care, unless it’s 90-3. We’ve had enough “bad losses” in non-bowl games, a loss to Wyoming in Albuquerque won’t hurt our fandom any.

Who won last year’s Lending Tree Bowl? Hawaii Bowl? Detroit Bowl?
I can assure you, the team won’t be trying to win the bowl game for notoriety purposes. I play in a pool league. No one will ever know or care if I win the league or not. I’m not playing for that reason and I’m pretty sure the Miners won’t be playing for that reason either.

The spirit of the game is to play to win, for that purpose alone, as cheesy as that might sound.

I can assure you, the team won’t be trying to win the bowl game for notoriety purposes. I play in a pool league. No one will ever know or care if I win the league or not. I’m not playing for that reason and I’m pretty sure the Miners won’t be playing for that reason either.

The spirit of the game is to play to win, for that purpose alone, as cheesy as that might sound.
I agree.

NattyLight said it would be a “bad loss” if we lose the NM Bowl, I am saying that it’s not. Nobody outside of UTEP will remember or care.

Reactions: kickballpro
I agree.

NattyLight said it would be a “bad loss” if we lose the NM Bowl, I am saying that it’s not. Nobody outside of UTEP will remember or care.
And I stick to it. We haven't won a Bowl game since the 60s and UTEP Miner fans are already split on Dimel. Some are happy about this year and some think we shoulda/coulda did more. So losing to a 6-6 Wyoming team that we should be able to beat in a bowl would be a bad loss for us and our momentum as both fans and leading into next year. You're the one who said no one cares on a National Level. You put words into my mouth like you do everyone else. Nobody freaking said it'd be a bad loss and hurt the Miner "Brand" and National Perception as if we had one in the 1st place. That's your Narrative guy, not mine!

I think you overestimate how much an average fan cares about these shit bowls. YOU individually may care but you are in the minority. Most people could hardly tell you who played in the national championship game; much less who played in one of the 35 shit bowl games out there.
I care because of the relatively large bowl pool I get in every year. It keeps bowl season interesting

Reactions: TxRdKiller
Bring it on, that's a match up that could go either way and would be pretty even!
They got some nice wins. They beat two teams that will be playing in conference championships and a top 10 FCS team. They're definitely capable of beating us.

Plus ESPN can spin the story about how Dimel left Wyoming for Houston. It's looking more and more like that's gonna be the game in Abq. Not a bad travel for both fan bases to fill up the stadium.

They got some nice wins. They beat two teams that will be playing in conference championships and a top 10 FCS team. They're definitely capable of beating us.

Plus ESPN can spin the story about how Dimel left Wyoming for Houston. It's looking more and more like that's gonna be the game in Abq. Not a bad travel for both fan bases to fill up the stadium.
3 out the 5 projections I looked at had UTEP-Wyoming in the NM Bowl. That’s the match up that I’ve been hoping for. No easy task and a solid win if we get the W.

3 out the 5 projections I looked at had UTEP-Wyoming in the NM Bowl. That’s the match up that I’ve been hoping for. No easy task and a solid win if we get the W.
We both started hot but both went 2-4 in the second half of the season. Wyoming started the season with MW championship aspirations since this was supposed to be "Bohl’s most experienced and deepest roster."

I'm honestly concerned that coaching will be the deciding factor in this type of game and Bohl will run circles around Dimel.

We both started hot but both went 2-4 in the second half of the season. Wyoming started the season with MW championship aspirations since this was supposed to be "Bohl’s most experienced and deepest roster."

I'm honestly concerned that coaching will be the deciding factor in this type of game and Bohl will run circles around Dimel.
Agree. Valid concern. Bohl only has 3 nattys to his name.

Agree. Valid concern. Bohl only has 3 nattys to his name.
That's it only 3 😁

He also has a heavy senior team that will play with their back against the wall.

I know I said I was going put my cheerleader outfit on but this game has a high risk low reward for Dimel. If he wins he only beat a 6-7 team. A loss will harm his already shitty reputation among UTEP fans.

Let's play Boise instead 🤣

That's it only 3 😁

He also has a heavy senior team that will play with their back against the wall.

I know I said I was going put my cheerleader outfit on but this game has a high risk low reward for Dimel. If he wins he only beat a 6-7 team. A loss will harm his already shitty reputation among UTEP fans.

Let's play Boise instead 🤣
What makes you think we would fair any better than the first game?

What makes you think we would fair any better than the first game?
Cuz most casual fans are dumb. If we lose to Boise people will think it's the Boise St and will be more forgiven. If we lose to 6-6 Wyoming people will have no idea how good this team coached by Bohl could have been and will write this season off as a fluke.

Of course I think we have a slightly better chance of beating Wyoming than Boise but it's not by much.

Last edited:
Of course I think we have a slightly better chance of beating Wyoming than Boise but it's not by much.

We have 0% chance of beating Boise State so having a "slightly better" chance of beating Wyoming isn't really saying much about our chance.

Reactions: Lil_Train
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT