ADVERTISEMENT

Quite a few people know....

None of those people have heard SportsTalk or read the post on this board over the past couple years. And just because Floyd says fiction and dead ass right a lot, doesn't mean he is the reliable source. He lied several times in the press conference. He had the mic. He was the louder voice. Most people who only heard the press conference would side with the coach.

Its seems that only a few people on this board think Coach Floyd was wrong.
I think that he just put the facts on YOUR FACE......

Go Miners...

Reactions: MinerJo and e-rick
None of those people have heard SportsTalk or read the post on this board over the past couple years. And just because Floyd says fiction and dead ass right a lot, doesn't mean he is the reliable source. He lied several times in the press conference. He had the mic. He was the louder voice. Most people who only heard the press conference would side with the coach.

Exactly. They don't know anything about this program or its condition since Floyd took over.

I can't totally blame Floyd for being a demanding old school type coach. It's why we loved Haskins. The problem is these kids are soft and don't respond to it. Whether he's in the right or not, he still has to produce wins at the end of the day. It's what he's paid to do. If he can't retain talent because of his coaching style, we need to find someone with a coaching style that better relates to these millennials...

Reactions: miner1liner
This is one of the dumbest things yet. Who cares what Oregon fans think. If they had a disgraced coach who had a habit of embarrassing the University, and no NCAA appearances they wouldnt be defending him.

Its seems that only a few people on this board think Coach Floyd was wrong.
I think that he just put the facts on YOUR FACE......

Go Miners...

So it's a fact that we had 11 seniors his first year and we signed 10 Prop 48's?

I know what is a fact, we lost to Norfolk and Arlington at Home. We lost to NMSU twice once by 20 at home. We lost to Loyola of New Orleans a couple years ago when they had 3 players on scholarship. We lost to Eastern New Mexico, yes that was an exhibition, but still D1 kids losing to D2 kids.

He wants to brag that he won 19 games. Yes, in a terrible conference with a terrible non-conference schedule. Our RPI was 215. To put how bad our schedule was into perspective, DePaul won 9 games and were 14 spots better. There were 33 teams with a losing record higher than us. Gardner-Webb, who's that, had a losing record and a better RPI. Elon and Incarnate Word were well above us. UTSA was 347 out of 351, and we lost to them too.

But instead of those facts, he writes a dissertation about transfers. It's an old magic trick, look over here as I distract you.

And yes, there are 351 Division 1 teams, and only one offered Kelvin Jones a scholarship.

This is one of the dumbest things yet. Who cares what Oregon fans think. If they had a disgraced coach who had a habit of embarrassing the University, and no NCAA appearances they wouldnt be defending him.

How is this one of the dumbest things?? I am an Oregon duck football fan ( have family down there) and I saw this on their boards and thought some would be curious of what others that didn't bleed orange and blue would see the situation... Please show me what's dumb about that?

Reactions: e-rick
So it's a fact that we had 11 seniors his first year and we signed 10 Prop 48's?

I know what is a fact, we lost to Norfolk and Arlington at Home. We lost to NMSU twice once by 20 at home. We lost to Loyola of New Orleans a couple years ago when they had 3 players on scholarship. We lost to Eastern New Mexico, yes that was an exhibition, but still D1 kids losing to D2 kids.

He wants to brag that he won 19 games. Yes, in a terrible conference with a terrible non-conference schedule. Our RPI was 215. To put how bad our schedule was into perspective, DePaul won 9 games and were 14 spots better. There were 33 teams with a losing record higher than us. Gardner-Webb, who's that, had a losing record and a better RPI. Elon and Incarnate Word were well above us. UTSA was 347 out of 351, and we lost to them too.

But instead of those facts, he writes a dissertation about transfers. It's an old magic trick, look over here as I distract you.

And yes, there are 351 Division 1 teams, and only one offered Kelvin Jones a scholarship.

Agree with everything you said, but take it easy on KJ. If you've read even just a few of my posts you will know that I'm no sunshine pumper, but Jones is gonna surprise. Just watch.

By the way, I'm not parroting CTF when I say that. I don't trust anything Floyd says but I trust my own eyes.

How is this one of the dumbest things?? I am an Oregon duck football fan ( have family down there) and I saw this on their boards and thought some would be curious of what others that didn't bleed orange and blue would see the situation... Please show me what's dumb about that?
These malcontents aren't the only ones that bleed Orange and Blue!
Here is what our conference mates think about the press conference.
http://csnbbs.com/thread-779703.html
:cool:

Blah Blah Blah !!!

N

Nothing dumb about it. If someone disagrees with your post it suddenly becomes dumb. That's how message boards roll.

I'm not a Floyd supporter, I think he has way underachieved and should leave but that presser is not the reason. To me it looked bad for both Steve and Tim.

Careful throwing around facts on this board, you might offend a few people...

Agree with everything you said, but take it easy on KJ. If you've read even just a few of my posts you will know that I'm no sunshine pumper, but Jones is gonna surprise. Just watch.

By the way, I'm not parroting CTF when I say that. I don't trust anything Floyd says but I trust my own eyes.

I hope he is the next Feitl, but Floyd and a lot of people say he is special. However, the skeptic in me sees that he comes from a state that has very few (zero this year) division 1 basketball players and he was the 7th ranked player on rivals from New Mexico. Plus he had no offers and little interest in him which strikes me as odd for a guy that size.

But I hope he turns out to be the next Brandon Wolfram

Reactions: miner1liner
I hope he is the next Feitl, but Floyd and a lot of people say he is special. However, the skeptic in me sees that he comes from a state that has very few (zero this year) division 1 basketball players and he was the 7th ranked player on rivals from New Mexico. Plus he had no offers and little interest in him which strikes me as odd for a guy that size.

But I hope he turns out to be the next Brandon Wolfram
Well make up your mind kicker...which is it; Feitl or Wolfram?

He may have not gotten offers because he was a prop 48. From what I've seen on tape, his athleticism is off the charts for a 7 footer. I'm not sure but I've also heard that he is from Chihuahua and his family moved here a few years ago to get away from the violence there. Therefore, he may not have been widely known to anyone.

If Oregon job opened up Floyd would throw his hat in the ring, told thanks but no thanks, then blame the media for lying.

Miner fans, we were warned about Floyd but took no heed. He has a long history of brush ups with media. But winning solves everything and he signed a longer term deal, so lets drink the punch and hope for the best.

Reactions: Uteper
He may have not gotten offers because he was a prop 48. From what I've seen on tape, his athleticism is off the charts for a 7 footer. I'm not sure but I've also heard that he is from Chihuahua and his family moved here a few years ago to get away from the violence there. Therefore, he may not have been widely known to anyone.
You heard correctly, he and his family lived in Chihuahua at one point. Jones also went to work with some family members in Houston selling pesticide contracts to raise his money for school and to buy his truck.

Reactions: jdubb66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT