ADVERTISEMENT

Rice @ UTEP game & prediction thread

Kind of expected but everyone is gone. No tailgating on the bed of a pickup truck. No drunks kids littering. Nothing out here.

Reactions: picks up
Kind of expected but everyone is gone. No tailgating on the bed of a pickup truck. No drunks kids littering. Nothing out here.
Hungover. The town was abuzz last night and sirens were blaring.

Dropped INT, holding on 4th down and unsportsmanlike foul on a 3rd down stop. Sigh.

Fawking idiots with the stupid penalties.
Usually yes, but this time, no. That was “let’s help’em out boys” by refs. Refs took a while to blow whistle so D line shoved back but gets unsportsmanlike?

Not sure how every official could have missed it on the personal foul play, but after the play was over the Rice O-lineman(#52) was down in the pile twisiting Sione's(#99's) ankle. Sione from UTEP starting punching #52 on his shoulder pad trying to get him the let go of his leg. When a 300 pound guy is down at your leg and intentionally starts twisting it backwards, then I don't know what other reaction anybody would have other than trying to get him off of you, when you start feeling your leg twist backward. Sione was called for the flag because the officials only saw the reaction. Honestly, it was a pretty a pretty disgusting act by #52 from Rice and is the type of play that should lead to a suspension if UTEP can send in the film on it.

Last edited:
That's what else happens. So yeah I'm happy with a 3 point win instead of trying to blow out a team. Been saying it all year.

I've seen enough of Hardison. If we're gonna lose then let's let Langino play. At least we'll have an excuse then.

I feel bad for the UTEP D. They came out hungry and UTEP offense inefficiency, with a 7 points from the refs appears to have demoralized them. I hope to be wrong. I want to be wrong.

Isn't this what everyone wanted? 8 rushes and 19 passes. Open it up?
Becareful what you ask for. We've been saying it all season that we don't have the qb needed for that kind of play calling. Once again that falls on Dimel for not having a better qb 4 years into his tenure.

Reactions: UTEPMiners8106
Over the course of the year, our defense has consistently given our offense numberous opportunites to extend a one possesion lead into a two possesion lead, yet our offense has rarely been able to do it. The same wasted opportunites have happened again today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT