ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Metz

Minerforlife

MI Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2013
A bright spot this season has been the development of Ryan Metz. I didn't think he had the mental makeup to play qb. Everytime something bad happened it snowballed. His mechanics and footwork were bad. This year he's become the leader and kept his composure. He is reading defenses and playing smart. His mechanics, especially his footwork, are 100% better. He has a 65% completion percentage and has thrown for 922 yds 9 tds and 2 ints in four games. Those are very solid numbers. He has solidified a posistion that look very weak a month ago.

I give Metz a lot of credit. He had a very tough stretch of games last season. He came into the season as third on the depth. Most kids in his position would've whined and transfered. Instead he kept grinding and made himself a better player.

A bright spot this season has been the development of Ryan Metz. I didn't think he had the mental makeup to play qb. Everytime something bad happened it snowballed. His mechanics and footwork were bad. This year he's become the leader and kept his composure. He is reading defenses and playing smart. His mechanics, especially his footwork, are 100% better. He has a 65% completion percentage and has thrown for 922 yds 9 tds and 2 ints in four games. Those are very solid numbers. He has solidified a posistion that look very weak a month ago.

I give Metz a lot of credit. He had a very tough stretch of games last season. He came into the season as third on the depth. Most kids in his position would've whined and transfered. Instead he kept grinding and made himself a better player.

There was a former Andress High player who struggled and even got kicked off the UTEP team for grades. Got his shat together (thanks to his dad), got reinstated and went on to become a bad ass for the Rams and Saints.

There was a former Andress High player who struggled and even got kicked off the UTEP team for grades. Got his shat together (thanks to his dad), got reinstated and went on to become a bad ass for the Rams and Saints.

Brian Young?

Much better ending than the Andre Jones story. Sadly for every Brian Young there are 2000 high school stars none of us have either forgotten or never heard of

Reactions: UTEP05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT