ADVERTISEMENT

Showers might play safety for the Cowboys

unihorn

MI Miner Maniac
Dec 1, 2007
Hope he gets a shot, but might not bode well for Cowboys' secondary.

Showers should just give it up. Why would he want to play safety? Should go into coaching or something.

Showers should just give it up. Why would he want to play safety? Should go into coaching or something.

Yeah. Who would want to play a game, with a minimum of a mid range six figure income, and several months off a year, for a living?o_O

Reactions: miner661
Not really safeties dont make that much . unless you really good like Ed Reed good but there isnt many safeties like that. All the punishment safeties put on there body i dont know if its worth it. If its so great why didnt Tim Tebow or other QBs give another posistion a spot. The punishment to the body isnt worth it.

The veteran's minimum salary in the NFL is $615,000. That's worth the punishment.

Not really safeties dont make that much . unless you really good like Ed Reed good but there isnt many safeties like that. All the punishment safeties put on there body i dont know if its worth it. If its so great why didnt Tim Tebow or other QBs give another posistion a spot. The punishment to the body isnt worth it.

$465K is more than I'll ever make in a year (unless I win some kind of lottery). That's the minimum salary for a rookie in 2017. I'd say that qualifies as mid range six figure income. Not bad for playing a game you love.

While the money is good I think the more important aspect is pursuing his dreams.

I love soccer. I played in HS but wasn't good enough to play at the next level. I've played in the Sunday park leagues for free. If I had the talent to earn a roster spot in the MLS or Liga MX I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't care if I rode the bench the entire time. Hell I would be happy If I had the talent to play for the El Paso Patriots.

Back to Showers very few of us ever get the chance to play FBS football. I think less than 1% of those make it on an NFL roster. He should keep going until no team wants him anymore. Hopefully this position switch works out for him and he represents UTEP on America's Team.

While the money is good I think the more important aspect is pursuing his dreams.

I love soccer. I played in HS but wasn't good enough to play at the next level. I've played in the Sunday park leagues for free. If I had the talent to earn a roster spot in the MLS or Liga MX I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't care if I rode the bench the entire time. Hell I would be happy If I had the talent to play for the El Paso Patriots.

Back to Showers very few of us ever get the chance to play FBS football. I think less than 1% of those make it on an NFL roster. He should keep going until no team wants him anymore. Hopefully this position switch works out for him and he represents UTEP on America's Team.

That's precisely my point. And when you can earn a good living following those dreams, you are one of a fortunate few on this earth. I agree, he should follow his passion until all roads lead to a dead end.

Reactions: Lil_Train
I think Safety is the most dangerous position in football and in most all sports. You have to be crazy to play that position. I understand that the money is good . I thought he played well as a QB for cowboys. I think he should keep fighting to play QB. Back up QBs make better money than safeties i bet. And its less dangerous.

I don't follow the logic. I think safety is actually one of the safest positions to play in football. Since most of the plays they have zero contact with an offensive player. On the other hand a qb can be hit with a nasty blindside tackle that can lead to a season ending injury. (Ask Romo)

You crazy. Safety is not the safest position. They are the ones that have to hit the hardest. To be a safety you cant be afraid of contact. The safest posistion is being back up QB to a franchise QB like Tom Brady. You make alot of money and you will never play and wont get hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT