ADVERTISEMENT

Signs

Honestly, I like everyone in that incident. I like the fans for supporting the team, buying tickets, and actually showing up. I would bet you anything if UTEP came out on fire, they would've put the signs down, but UTEP gave them nothing to cheer for.

As for Price, it's awesome he still visits here and is so supportive.

It would be funny if by the next home game there is a ban on home made signs. The event staff starts to confiscate all signs at the door.

Reactions: Minerinciter
Loved Mike price!!! I don't know what to do with Floyd...... I mean the guy didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach.... he has had a lot of things happen out of his control.... maybe he has lost touch with players... but I still think if you can get it done at New Orleans and Idaho he can get it done here...

Reactions: kickballpro
Loved Mike price!!! I don't know what to do with Floyd...... I mean the guy didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach.... he has had a lot of things happen out of his control.... maybe he has lost touch with players... but I still think if you can get it done at New Orleans and Idaho he can get it done here...

I think he has even from an xs and os standpoint which is supposed to be his strength.

His offense is set heavy, there are a lot mid-range twos, and post ups when we actually have any talent to do so. Analytics say that stuff is inefficient and self-defeating.

The defense doesn't make defending the three a priority and teams have been lighting us up. Floyd thinks, "I'd rather them beat me with the harder shot", but the open three is not hard, and that's the shot most teams not stuck on a time warp want.

It would be funny if by the next home game there is a ban on home made signs. The event staff starts to confiscate all signs at the door.

This used to happen, but it was only because of signs obstructing other fans' views. Also, I remember once a sign making fun of NMSU being confiscated behind the visitors bench that said something like "Bible School Credits Available Here"

Only one thing left to do with Floyd -- read the signs.

Last edited:
Floyd is an arrogant, lying, prima donna. He and BS BobStull have ran our basketball program to the depts of mediocrity and futility not seen here in decades. These guys will only win 10 games this year and with seven new players next year the future looks gloomy.

Reactions: UTEP05
did you guys see the fire floyd sign at the game?
I saw all the signs. The guys sit a few rows behind me. I also saw Mike Price yelling at them and the security guards came down quickly and made Price leave. Price sits behind the Miner bench so that means he walked quite a ways to cause this raucous. We are in section V next to the student section and close to the pep band.

Reactions: UTEP05 and unihorn
I was shocked to see the signs to being with, and they told me they were allowed to bring them in as long as they didn't have any profanity, which they did not. Back in the glory days (the 80's) my brother and I made a sign for the Georgetown game and they didn't let us take it in. Very hard to believe UTEP officials have gotten softer with this rule with the way they are nowadays (very strict and not fan friendly - and I am a season ticket holder if that even matters).

This used to happen, but it was only because of signs obstructing other fans' views. Also, I remember once a sign making fun of NMSU being confiscated behind the visitors bench that said something like "Bible School Credits Available Here"
The guys only held up the signs during the timeouts and during halftime besides since sadly there was a small crowd they would not have obstructed anyone's view anyway.

The guys only held up the signs during the timeouts and during halftime besides since sadly there was a small crowd they would not have obstructed anyone's view anyway.

Did Floyd seem to notice the signs and/or Price confrontation?

Are you Okay ?????

Reactions: UTEP05
Floyd may have seen the signs but don't think he saw the Mike Price fiasco. That occurred with about a minute left in the game.

He didn't have to pay attention to anything else since they already lost at the point, so he might have. o_O

Lol I love coach Price. He really is a good man and truly cared about the kids.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/sp...rips-fans-fire-floyd-sign-utep-game/95001108/

Some of the quotes in here are too funny.

"I didn't give it too much thought. If I had thought about it a little longer, I wouldn't have done it," said Price, who retired from coaching after the 2012 season but still lives in El Paso. Holding a sign protesting a coach "doesn't happen very often at that facility. Three home games into the season, that's a little ridiculous, it showed a great deal of disrespect for our school, our team, our city, our coach."

- More like 7 years, not just three home games.

"Our fans are much classier than that; we don't need guys like that," Price said. "Our team didn't quit — maybe they played a little too hard at times. That's a coach that wins 20 games per year. I don't think that was appropriate."

- The team played a little too hard at times??? :eek::confused: Tim Floyd won 20 games 3/6 seasons.

"(The fan) has a right to protest. I have a right to help him take down the sign," Price said.

- No, you don't have a right to destroy somebody else's property.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT