ADVERTISEMENT

Smoo goes down.

Sad that SMU has progressed so far ahead of UTEP in bball. Goes to show that our "history" and fan support (we used to outnumber their fans in their own arena) mean little in the grand scheme of things. Makes me wonder if we're really destined to be a NCAA bottom dweller. I hope not, but we've sure been heading in the wrong direction for what seems like forever...

Sad that SMU has progressed so far ahead of UTEP in bball. Goes to show that our "history" and fan support (we used to outnumber their fans in their own arena) mean little in the grand scheme of things. Makes me wonder if we're really destined to be a NCAA bottom dweller. I hope not, but we've sure been heading in the wrong direction for what seems like forever...
I was among those Miner fans at Moody for several years watching a victory every time. Never saw a loss. Those were good times. Now it's UNT.

Reactions: USAFminersfan
Reading comprehension not your strong suit, huh, Patrick? 1liner was referring to times *he* was there at Moody. Were you there when he was? Maturity you claim to possess would be reflected if you refrained from stirring shit.

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, huh, Patrick? 1liner was referring to times *he* was there at Moody. Were you there when he was? Maturity you claim to possess would be reflected if you refrained from stirring shit.

Who's Patrick? Some of you sure have a fascination with random names. He said he went to Moody for several years so it made it seem like he went every year.

UTEP has lost more than once at Moody.
Thanks UTEPy79 for your intelligent response. My reference to Miner-SMU games was during the period when they were both in C-USA. I don't have access to the records but I'm certain our record against them during that period was overwhelming in our favor. I said I never saw them lose at Moody; didn't say they never lost at Moody. Why don't you access the records and inform me what the numbers were in C-USA home and away?
I just punched myself in the nose for succumbing to your predictable contrary attitude whereby you just can't stand to let any post go without finding someway to take exception to it.

Thanks UTEPy79 for your intelligent response. My reference to Miner-SMU games was during the period when they were both in C-USA. I don't have access to the records but I'm certain our record against them during that period was overwhelming in our favor. I said I never saw them lose at Moody; didn't say they never lost at Moody. Why don't you access the records and inform me what the numbers were in C-USA home and away?
I just punched myself in the nose for succumbing to your predictable contrary attitude whereby you just can't stand to let any post go without finding someway to take exception to it.

UTEP lost at Moody in 2008 and 2012. You said you never saw a loss, so I guess you weren't at those games.

Dear Mr Shit Stirrer (coined by UTEPy79), Thanks so much for your sought after library of info. What was our overall record against SMU both at home and away during C-USA?

SMU achieved alot and good for them no matter their loss. The greater scope what was UTEP achieved so long ago for Texas basketball. Haskins broke barriers more than racial barriers, which should never be diminished, but he brought a basketball championship to a football dominated state and is still to this day. UTEP holds that torch but should never be afraid to share. We're Tejanos. I hope the Texas team that gets that award shares the struggles that Haskins had to go through because history has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

14-2 is the overall record between SMU/UTEP during their days together in CUSA. I also attended about five or six games at Moody Colesium and never saw UTEP lose there. My favorite game was during Barbee's last season in 2010. I'll never forget the look on Derick's face when he looked up at the stands and saw the visitors side behind the UTEP bench full of orange. The UTEP fans were so loud during SMU's player introduction that they had to cue the band to quite us down. Good memories.

The site I used shows UTEP leads the series vs SMU 27-14 but it begins with 1949. That's dominance and UTEP will return to being a top notch basketball team next season. No doubt in my mind. Unless I'm wrong, in which case, never mind.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/texas-el-paso/head-to-head.html

So UTEP will making the Big Dance next year? I really hope you're right.

I'm just wondering- what makes you think UTEP will be a top notch basketball team next season?

Reactions: El Paso Sports Fan
14-2 is the overall record between SMU/UTEP during their days together in CUSA. I also attended about five or six games at Moody Colesium and never saw UTEP lose there. My favorite game was during Barbee's last season in 2010. I'll never forget the look on Derick's face when he looked up at the stands and saw the visitors side behind the UTEP bench full of orange. The UTEP fans were so loud during SMU's player introduction that they had to cue the band to quite us down. Good memories.
I was there also and remember how great it was when we were so ridiculously loud during the SMU player introductions that you couldn't help but laugh. UTEP fans outnumbered them by maybe 2 to 1.
Thanks for the numbers Corona and Wisconsin. Pretty decisive results!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT