ADVERTISEMENT

So rumor has it.....

Pete that was actually a good one! Floyd used to be the VP at MCI, we'll be ok under his watch lol

This talk is way premature plus coaching is different I'm saying if 32 sorry can't remember name didn't declare for the draft we wouldn't be having this discussion

Not being condescending here, but I think 5 1/2 years is long enough to get some momentum going where improvement from one year to the next is palpable. And it baffles me that one would use the argument "If so and so was here this year, then...". Floyd's tenure has been one continuous IF. Can we look instead at what IS?

Reactions: liebestraum
We can get a new coach that will leave us in a few yrs then repeat into infinity

At this point, I'd be willing to take that chance. My allegiance is not to Floyd, but rather Miner bb. Floyd is a good guy. But being a good guy won't get this team where we all want them to be...or at least it hasn't yet and by the look of things, this year will be no different. I can respect your stance. To each their own.

We can get a new coach that will leave us in a few yrs then repeat into infinity
Lol, if he leaves it's cause we're making NCAA's!!!! I'm cool with thst UTEP isn't a destination school and Haskins isn't around n e more. Basketball is a about winning anD going to NCAA. That's what makes money and makes fans happy.

So if a large corporation hires a VP of Sales based on his experience and back grounf, but after 6 years he's done nothing at the company he was hired, should it matter what he did at his previous companies or what he's been able to do or in this case not do for your company? Simple Scenario with an obvious answer in today's world.
Screw "today's world". I remember when some idiots were calling for Don Haskins to be fired in the mid 70's when his teams were losing. Shortly thereafter he led UTEP on the greatest run of winning seasons and championships in school history. Tim Floyd is a top college coach. He will get the program on track. This year has already seen the loss of some key players he was expecting and so the approach to the season has had to switch and with the new guys are still trying to come together. Floyd will put together a good team that will be competitive.

I've been quiet for quite some time, but I feel the need to state some facts. First of all, we are very lucky to have CTF as our coach. Tell me how many CUSA head coaches have NBA and high-major college coaching experience. We all know that this is a one bid league in which whoever plays the best in MARCH has the best chance to get to the big dance.
As far as CTF staff is concerned, all of his assistants could be coaching at a much higher level. I agree that Johnson is no spring chicken but has more experience than 95% of the NCAA coaches in the country.
So your saying we have a "Dream Team" coaching staff, but we have nothing to show for it. So what has Floyd's NBA and high-major coaching experience done in 5 1/2 years in a weak ass conference??? If Cantu and Johnson could be coaching at a much higher level they would be coaching at a much higher level. I am sick and tired of all the Floyd hype every season. Every year Floyd's team lack a true team leader and his teams show no improvement.

So your saying we have a "Dream Team" coaching staff, but we have nothing to show for it. So what has Floyd's NBA and high-major coaching experience done in 5 1/2 years in a weak ass conference??? If Cantu and Johnson could be coaching at a much higher level they would be coaching at a much higher level. I am sick and tired of all the Floyd hype every season. Every year Floyd's team lack a true team leader and his teams show no improvement.
Epsilon's new handle...

Reactions: mine n for gold
C'mon Rigo...boot the bum!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT