ADVERTISEMENT

So, we just gave up....

STexMiner

MI Hall of Famer
Feb 15, 2004
73 rebounds, nearly 30 of them offensive, got outscored 36-12 from 3 and were only +1 from the free throw line. How exactly did we win again?

Last edited:
We had better guard play throughout the second half, into both OT's, and particularly down the stretch of the 2nd OT. CSU committed 21 turnovers to UTEP's 7...only 7 turovers!

Reactions: MINER63
How can you say we gave up when we got the WIN.
I would say "We teased the hell out of them"

Go Miners...

73 rebounds, nearly 30 of them offensive, got outscored 36-12 from 3 and were only +1 from the free throw line. How exactly did we win again?

We won ugly, but a win is a win. I liked how we drove the ball into the paint once the outside shots stopped falling.

I just looked at the stats and it was as someone else posted due to the difference in the turnovers but also the shooting percentage. The Miners shot the ball well and held CSU's percentage down. Due to the turnovers the Miners made the most of their "additional" opportunities whereas CSU didn't with their advantage in the rebounding category.

60 to 30 points in the paint. Got us to the foul line. 23 to 4 points off turnovers. 12 to 2 fast break points. That'll even up the rebound difference a bit.

Reactions: mikesarabia
I woul
I just looked at the stats and it was as someone else posted due to the difference in the turnovers but also the shooting percentage. The Miners shot the ball well and held CSU's percentage down. Due to the turnovers the Miners made the most of their "additional" opportunities whereas CSU didn't with their advantage in the rebounding category.

I would add that our FT shooting being above 72% helped out as well. It's not often that the he Miners shoot above 70% as a team. As much as our guards will be going to the line this year, we will need to hit our freebies like we did last night. Great job Miners.

I woul

I would add that our FT shooting being above 72% helped out as well. It's not often that the he Miners shoot above 70% as a team. As much as our guards will be going to the line this year, we will need to hit our freebies like we did last night. Great job Miners.
Yes, I definitely agree with that. I didn't mention the free throw shooting since the Miners were only 1 better than CSU in that stat, so the Miners didn't dominate them in that category. StexMiner was asking how we won despite the rebounding issue. Free throw shooting difference was only 1 point, but I agree the Miners needed to make every one of those.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT